PDA

View Full Version : Summer hair or does this just come with the grwing?

Aimskylove
August 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hello Lovelies!

So my hair has just started to grow past bsl and it seems to get dirty quicker! :( It also has started to get alot of buildup and it becomes itchy if I wait more than 2 days to wash it. I have very thick hair. I actually find it difficult to get shampoo into the middle of my hair because of how thick it is. lol. I have slowed down on the vinegar washes but only because it was lightening my hair too much too quickly. Has anyone else had this issue. Other than that I love this length. Other than the fact that I live in FL and its too hot and humid to have hair past your shoulders. lol. Its been a hair up kinda summer for me!

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM
It's hot and humid all year round were I'm at and I find that I have to wash daily too or I'll get the itchies like you. So I guess it's probably something to do with the climate.

As for the hair thickness issue where you find difficulties in getting shampoo to your scalp area, I find that what helps with that issue is to find a tipped bottle (sauce bottle or something similar) and dilute some shampoo in it. Diluted shampoo makes it easier to spread and the fine tip allows you to dispense the diluted shampoo right to the spot that needs it. It also helps to start with damp hair to facilitate the washing ;)

Build up-wise, I tend to do clarifying whenever i feel like my hair needs it which is about once a week. As for vinegar rinses lightening hair, I haven't had that issue - I usually rinse mine with water after letting the vinegar sit for a minute or 2 and I tend to make my rinse really diluted. I had problems with ACV leaving me with a red tinge in my hair so I've been using white vinegar since last year