PDA

View Full Version : I (heart) my fringe and layers!

Perex
August 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM
...but I am alone here. (Maybe)
My hair is the kind of straight by which all other straightness is measured, will not hold any kind of curl for more than an hour or two, and I find that leaving it in its straightness leaves us both less frustrated, but I like the movement that the layers leave me.
There are some gorgeous,perfect, silky curtains of one length hair around here that are amazing, but I wonder if there are any super-straighties of like mind?
P.S. I have a DD with thick, wild curls who has always been jealous of her friends' smooth locks - lurking here has given me some tools to help her find her own beauty. Thank you.:bounce:

Avienda
August 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
mine is very straight and hardly holds curl either. I have layers atm but am growing them out kind of. I like them because they make my hair look thicker, but the bottom layer is so thin with them. I don't like them because braids always have to be stopped short with all the peices that fall out of them :(

battles
August 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM
You definitely aren't alone! :)

Buggheart
August 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
No, you're not alone! I must have fringe and layers. I look just dreadful without them.

QueenJoey
August 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I love how light my hair feels with layers. They give it style even if it's just down. They only thing I hate is how pathetic my braid tassles are. :(

jujube
August 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Lots of LHCers have bangs and/or layers. There are tons of different variations on hemline, too.

dRummie
August 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I had layers a lot when I had straight hair, I think it can look really nice :) I never could do bangs, though, my forehead breaks out immediately.