PDA

View Full Version : Haven't cut my hair for about a month

CurlAhead
August 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Just wanted to share this little "milestone" of mine. (I haven't reached any major goals like BSL or Waist, so this will do, lol)
Since I am a regular cutter, and I don't mean just SnD, I mean big-chopper, this is pretty big. I only cut about 1 cm in the back because my hair had a lot of crunch and knots. But other than that, nope!! :cheese:

I REALLY REALLY hope that this will last, I don't want to end up cutting my hair again. So, for the moment, I am using SO MUCH silicones to make it feel at least a little softer, even though not even silicones can hide my dry ends. Have given up the straightener as well. And thinking about trying L'OREAL EXPERT absolut repair deep conditioner, but don't know if it is worth the money. I have bought so much hair products lately that I should be ashamed for even thinking about buying more, ha-ha.

Any other choppers out there who haven't cut for a while? Please share. :)
(Tips are also welcome)

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Keep going! :thumbsup:

I've had short hair all my life and would get a cut every 2-4 weeks to keep my hair in the chin to shoulder range. But I finally got past that stage and am now able to stretch my trims. The longest I have gone without a trim was 5 months

Messyhair
August 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
My name is Messyhair, and I'm a chopaholic. For years I wanted long hair but I couldn't leave it alone long enough for it to grow. I love going to the salon! I love having big chops!!

I'm also a dyeaholic, so I'm banned from adding any sort of colour to my hair when it's long. Otherwise I'll just keep on colouring it until it's ruined. I can't do anything small.

And so I stay away from salons and dyes. But I still peruse the dye aisle from time to time to get my fix.

P.S. I last trimmed in January, and that was 18 months after my previous trim. That is NOT the norm - I had a baby and that took priority over my hair. :p I am currently in the no trimming for a year challenge, trying to hold out.

Zesty
August 4th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats! I used to get my hair cut for fun all the time. I was a short hair for pretty much all of my life. But now I just don't feel any urge whatsoever to cut or trim, even. My last trim was over a year ago, and I don't plan to get another one anytime soon. My ends are nice, and S&D works well enough for the damage that is there.

xoxophelia
August 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I never spent much time going to salons since I never had money to throw around at something like that, but once I got the ability to cut my own hair I started to do it much more often. I definitely had damage that needed to be cut off... but now I am trying to hold out for the rest of the year :)

There are some small splits actually so I plan on doing light S&D eventually at some point. I haven't trimmed my hair for a few months now.

monsterna
August 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I wanted to say that if you have dry ends, protein is pretty conducive to that. And USUALLY when you see a product with the word "repair" somewhere on it, it has protein in it. When I got rid of proteins from my products, my hair was WAY less dry and crunchy feeling. Just something to think about. :) Good luck on your journey!

ETA: And yeah. I haven't cut my hair since December 2009. Don't plan to for a long time, either. :) Regular S&D sessions have helped a lot. Coney conditioners are my friend. Clarifying once or twice a week (because of the cones) also makes my hair happy. I use Avon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo. It's got no sulfates and suds up well and smells nice.

Kathie
August 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Its been five months since I last trimmed. I managed to trim away at least half my growth last, LHC, year. So I've decided to try and go a year without trimming.
Hang in there- once you've gone a month or so it gets easier to forget about it.

CurlAhead
August 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Thank you for all the replies, I am so glad for all of you who haven't cut in a while. :cheese:

I wanted to say that if you have dry ends, protein is pretty conducive to that. And USUALLY when you see a product with the word "repair" somewhere on it, it has protein in it. When I got rid of proteins from my products, my hair was WAY less dry and crunchy feeling. Just something to think about. :) Good luck on your journey!

ETA: And yeah. I haven't cut my hair since December 2009. Don't plan to for a long time, either. :) Regular S&D sessions have helped a lot. Coney conditioners are my friend. Clarifying once or twice a week (because of the cones) also makes my hair happy. I use Avon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo. It's got no sulfates and suds up well and smells nice.

I don't think I use protein, but since I just bought the absolut repair-shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner, they may have proteins. :o
Can you clarify your hair without sulfates?

I never spent much time going to salons since I never had money to throw around at something like that, but once I got the ability to cut my own hair I started to do it much more often. I definitely had damage that needed to be cut off... but now I am trying to hold out for the rest of the year :)

There are some small splits actually so I plan on doing light S&D eventually at some point. I haven't trimmed my hair for a few months now.

That's how it is for me too. Wish I never went to the hairdresser from the start.

My name is Messyhair, and I'm a chopaholic. For years I wanted long hair but I couldn't leave it alone long enough for it to grow. I love going to the salon! I love having big chops!!

I'm also a dyeaholic, so I'm banned from adding any sort of colour to my hair when it's long. Otherwise I'll just keep on colouring it until it's ruined. I can't do anything small.

And so I stay away from salons and dyes. But I still peruse the dye aisle from time to time to get my fix.

P.S. I last trimmed in January, and that was 18 months after my previous trim. That is NOT the norm - I had a baby and that took priority over my hair. :p I am currently in the no trimming for a year challenge, trying to hold out.

Chopaholic :D:D:D Well, I'm not planning a baby, but I am hoping to find a hobby or something that takes my mind of my hair!

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lol I am proud of you, I just cut the back of my hair the mullet about 3 inches off into a chin length bob and I want to keep cutting.. I'll have no hair left must
Not cut

FluffSpider
August 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I used to stretch chops bigtime-one a year, maybe two. And I skimped on them. Half an inch! Not 3/4s of an inch! But ever since I started doing it myself, I've been evening things up way too often. It doesn't feel often to me, and I don't cut much... wuarter of an inch there, tenth of an inch here... but in the end, I pretty much chopped off more than half of my growth last year, and about a third of it this year, and that's considering I won't even dust until 2012. They try to make me go to rehab....