PDA

View Full Version : Alternative use for Fox's Shea leave in

prettykitty
August 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I made some of the Shea butter leave in a month or so back, using shea, coconut oil, conditioner and a little AVG. While I really liked the smell and conditioning qualities, my shea was poor quality and had these little lumps in it of like, unmelted...something, which meant i couldn't really use it as a leave in without risking small, odd lumpy gear in my hair. Bum.
I plan to try again by melting the shea slowly in a double boiler to try to eradicate the lumps, but in the meantime I have this little pot of quite fabulous smelling stuff that I couldn't use.

Well this morning I hit on the idea of using a big glob of it as a pre-poo treatment, and massaged a fingerful into my ends before climbing in the shower. It felt so wonderful as I ran my fingers through my wet hair that I decided to add another blob to my conditioner.
Fox's shea can be a bit heavy for my fine hair as a leave in, but as a pre-poo/conditioner boost it is simply fabulous! I love it when a plan comes together :)

Cowgirl16
August 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I made a similar mix several months ago and found I really didn't like it as a leave in. This sounds like the perfect way to use it up! Thanks :flower: