PDA

View Full Version : Flexi-8?

longcurlygirl<3
August 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
So I got my new Medium Flexi-8 and it is so pretty, but it does not fit as a pony tail and I tried to get it in and I did but it is kind of tight. I can use it as a half up only which I don't mind, but the chart ssaid it was for think hair even curly and my hair is not thick?!:cool: but I was wondering if I would need a large or XL to fit my hair in a updo? What do you all think. My hair is really curly on top and looser 2c/3a strands/ curls on the side bottoms. Plus I have alot of hair.
TIA!

longcurlygirl<3
August 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Does your hair get tangled abit in the beads/ design? I wonder because a few of mine did :(

BlazingHeart
August 4th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I don't have trouble with tangling, but my hair is pretty low-tangle generally.

I wear a large, but my pony circumference is over 5.5", lightly wavy (mostly smooth, as I brush it, which flattens the waves)

~Blaze

longcurlygirl<3
August 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
The pony thing just confused me thats why? I get tangles if I do not maintain my hair in braids/buns.

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
To be honest, I didn't find the sizing chart particularly helpful. I ended up ordering 3 times and now have Flexi8s in every size except x-small. Just to help you get a perspective, my ponytail circumference is about 4.25" and I use a medium for ponytails, a large for folded braids, XL for center held buns and mega for full buns. I bought a mini too but it couldn't hold my bangs (it's a full fringe cut growing out)

HairStickler
August 5th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Trial and error seems to be the best way to figure out flexi sizing. I also have flexis in most sizes, and now I know which ones work for which hairstyles. I think you are right, a large or an XL would be better for updos for you, but I'm not sure which one would be best...you will just have to try one or both and see. :)

dulce
August 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Hair stickler said what 1 was going to say.