PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "LHCers" when I am out and about....

MermaidOH
August 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Today my family and I went to the zoo and I found myself studying peoples' hair, thinking "maybe they are on LHC" or "that person looks like they might CO wash". I have found myself doing this more and more lately since joining LHC, looking at the condition of others' hair and wondering if they are on LHC....just a thought. Anyone else do this?

longcurlygirl<3
August 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Today my family and I went to the zoo and I found myself studying peoples' hair, thinking "maybe they are on LHC" or "that person looks like they might CO wash". I have found myself doing this more and more lately since joining LHC, looking at the condition of others' hair and wondering if they are on LHC....just a thought. Anyone else do this? Hehe I am guilty :D plus I love seeing really long beautiful hair and I am scared to asked if they are LCHers because if they aren't I will look like a loser:rolleyes:

Alaia
August 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Yup I do that.

I don't actually know what the hair looks like of many English members or members who might be in London for some reason, so about the only people I would actually recognise would be those whom I have already met.

spidermom
August 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I've seen some people that probably should be, but I'm pretty sure they aren't.

Crysta
August 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I've done it in the past - and asked on one occasion if someone was on the website, which they was :D I used to see her all the time at college though, and always adored her gorgeously straight, glossy black thigh length hair.

Hello again, if you're still about :3

Keller1128
August 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I do this too! Especially on the hair care aisle at the store.

MaryLA
August 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yep I do that!

Kleis
August 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I've never looked per se, but I've met LHCers twice--once at work (she PM'd me here and said something like, "I think we work at the same place") and once at my gym. She had a superlong braid, and one of us asked the other. Not sure who asked who anymore.

I also once was heading through security to board a plane in Frankfurt, Germany a few years ago. A young woman with long blonde hair was also going through a line which split off to go in a different direction. My hair was loose, too. We made eye contact and she had a look on her face like she was DYING to ask me something in the few seconds we were passing. I've wondered for the last few years if she was an LHCer, wondering if I was the same.

Avienda
August 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
yes, i am guilty! I'm so glad to find out i'm not the only one!!! lol

Coan-Teen
August 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I also do this. :) Usually when I see someone in an unusual hairstyle like a french braid or a more complex bun. Hair that is up in my area is generally ponytailed or messily bunned so anything other than those two styles makes me wonder, even at shorter lengths. I look at their hair and think, "Are they protectively styling to get good growth?"

Avital88
August 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
uhm never but thats because everyone here has long hair and they probably dont even know about the existence of this site :)
Too bad

gthlvrmx
August 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh my god, me, all the time...:D

If you're ever in southern california and you see a GUY with a hairstick (my brown one), you know it's me. It's harder to find guys wearing hairsticks...ever!

Diesel Tech
August 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Not until recently, but I find myself doing it more.

QueenJoey
August 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I do that, but I never actually ask, because it's too embarrassing. We should make shirts or something. So we can just know who's one of us without actually having to talk. Then we could have a secret wave or something. But that's probably more embarrassing than asking if it turns out they just happen to have long hair.

MagicAndMayhem
August 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
If I see someone with long hair, I might wonder about it. For example, if they have long hair and it's in a ponytail, I might not think that they belong here since we know how much damage those cause :p

I've never looked per se, but I've met LHCers twice--once at work (she PM'd me here and said something like, "I think we work at the same place") and once at my gym. She had a superlong braid, and one of us asked the other. Not sure who asked who anymore.

Haha, that's pretty cool that you worked with an LHCer in the same building.

sarahbrownie
August 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I have an idea that if I see anyone with a Ficcare that they must be apart of LHC, after all I haven't seen anyone wear them besides myself!

celebriangel
August 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I do this too! I know there's someone on my campus who's also on here, so I keep an eye out :)

C.H.
August 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Always. I work with the public and ride public transportation, so I lay eyes on a lot of different people on a daily basis. That's part of my hairtoys spotted in the wild search--I'm looking for long healthy hair if it's down, or interesting hair toys if it's up.

I'm secretly looking for Luxepiggy. I think I would recognize her hair if I saw it. I will be looking for trolleypup next time I ride the trolley, street car, or cable car. I think I would recognize Madora and her signature braids if we ever crossed paths in the city, but she lives in another town.

C.H.
August 4th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I have an idea that if I see anyone with a Ficcare that they must be apart of LHC, after all I haven't seen anyone wear them besides myself!

Me, too. I sometimes wonder about some of the items and brands that are popular around here. Are we, TLHC, the primary source of revenue for certain artists/vendors? I think that must be case.

Take Ficcare, Ketylos, GTS--do they have a large following/customer base completely independent of us? Or are we their bread and butter?

racrane
August 4th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I've seen a few people with protective updo's where I live and I am dying to ask but since they're strangers, I keep my mouth shut. I did see a woman at my local grocery store with gorgeous loose white hair and she had Suave natural products in her cart. I cracked and said "Your hair is lovely" and she said thank you and all, but I still wonder.

Unzadi
August 5th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I see a friend of a friend at said friend's annual New Year's gathering, whom I suspect may be on LHC, or might be interested if she isn't. Gorgeous nut brown hair laced with silver sparkles, in protective updos, so a likely suspect.

Also had a clerk at the local CVS with utterly thudworthy dark brown hair, loose but for a thin headband, at least classic. Almost asked, but I had to be somewhere on time.

SoulOfTheSea
August 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Now I want to be on the lookout. ^_^ I just do not think I would have the guts to approach a stranger and ask! :o But if I recognize their mane for sure, then I will say hello! :)

Scarlet_Heart
August 5th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I used to but then it dawned on me that there is a large percentage of people on here who are currently growing from short hair that I wouldn't pick out in public anyway.

robynlh87
August 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I saw a girl the other day beautiful silky looking classic length auburn hair, extremely healthy!! I was wondering if she was on here, but I figured my DBF would have been embarrassed if I actually asked her!

Madora
August 5th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Always. I work with the public and ride public transportation, so I lay eyes on a lot of different people on a daily basis. That's part of my hairtoys spotted in the wild search--I'm looking for long healthy hair if it's down, or interesting hair toys if it's up.

I'm secretly looking for Luxepiggy. I think I would recognize her hair if I saw it. I will be looking for trolleypup next time I ride the trolley, street car, or cable car. I think I would recognize Madora and her signature braids if we ever crossed paths in the city, but she lives in another town.

Well, C.H., maybe we'll meet at one of the upcoming LHC meets here in the Bay Area! You never can tell :)!

Charlotte:)
August 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Yes, in fact, I was doing this earlier today while I was out shopping :)

excentricat
August 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Which zoo? Because there was at least one person at the Columbus, OH Zoo yesterday who's and LHCer.

Yame
August 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I have a co-worker with hair which I believe is longer than mine (it's hard to tell, but I think it's at least the same length). I wonder if she's on LHC!

Aside from that, I am sure a lot of belly dancers I know are here as well, since this is how I found out about LHC in the first place.

And yes, I do find myself wondering if people I see are on LHC... not too many people have long hair where I live, but the other day I was in NYC and saw quite a few longhairs, and wondered if they might be on here.

Zesty
August 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Reading this thread made me smile. It's like LHC is a secret society. :D

That being said, I've only met one suspect, and it didn't seem that likely since her hair was always down and the unusual hair care she practiced was more "common sense" than "LHC" (e.g. silk pillowcase to reduce damage).

HairStickler
August 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM
In lieu of a secret password, I have a plan for discovering if a stranger is an LHCer. If I see someone with a specialty hairtoy or complicated bun, I would test the waters by saying, "Nice flexi!" or "Is that fork tulipwood?" or "That is a really nice rose bun." Another member would instantly identify me as an LHCer (if it weren't already obvious from my own protective updo and hairtoys), but would just be considered polite conversation by a non-member.

So far I have not had an opportunity to use this plan, but I am always hopeful.

janeytilllie
August 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I do it all the time. I see people all the time with beautiful long hair, protective styles, hairsticks, felixs etc. I always wonder if they're LHC members.

whitestiletto
August 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Guilty... ;-) always on the lookout for very healthy hair. I see a couple regular posters from the same state as me, North Carolina, but I don't recognize them.

I did post on Facebook about putting indigo in my hair and a friend from college posted some advice, so I messaged her and asked, and she is an LHCer. Though no longer active.

Jenw777
August 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM
There are a few Ohio-ans on here. I'm in the backwoods of the state, and they are all closer to the cities it seems.

There's a woman at Behulers (sp?) when I go with knee length twin braids. I've complimented here, but haven't asked. I'm DYING to though!

pineconejg
August 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I am always on the lookout, but I rarely see anyone with hair longer than mine (at just past BSL). I told my DH this morning that I will still probably think my hair short if/when I get it to my waist.

Sweet Beat
August 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, I'm guilty:o

Wheatland
August 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I do that all the time. I never have the courage to ask though. We should have a secret hand signal!! For instance, if you make eye contact with someone you think may be an LHC'er then you can.. scratch your forehead... or something.... So if they aren't an LHC'er they'll just think you have an itch.

bparnell75
July 11th, 2018, 12:47 PM
It happened today at Walmart. I spotted a chopstick and then a blond cinnabun. I approached her and pointed to my hair sticks with a comment. "Sisters". She smiled big, "I have so many sticks." After conversation I found out she now has tailbone length hair which she cut back from ankle. She grew to ankle while on LHC. I guess it had been a while because she could not remember her avatar name. She said I just remember people were Rapunzels. We followed each other through the rest of the store and smiled. That makes two scores for me now.

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2018, 01:55 PM
In lieu of a secret password, I have a plan for discovering if a stranger is an LHCer. If I see someone with a specialty hairtoy or complicated bun, I would test the waters by saying, "Nice flexi!" or "Is that fork tulipwood?" or "That is a really nice rose bun." Another member would instantly identify me as an LHCer (if it weren't already obvious from my own protective updo and hairtoys), but would just be considered polite conversation by a non-member.

So far I have not had an opportunity to use this plan, but I am always hopeful.

Oh this is an excellent idea! There seems to not be any consensus about a codeword (a la 'Helmut' for the LHN) but an interest in, and knowledge of hairtoys and protective styles would be fairly distinctive - and if such a person were not already on here, they may be receptive to the idea of joining.

Sadly I'm yet to see any hairtoys in the wild or any LHC suspects (unless they've hidden their hair exceptionally well). I'm always on the lookout though!

Jas
July 11th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I have something to add to this actually - I was on holiday in Greece a few days ago and finally spotted the first person IRL I think I've seen with a hairstick! I complimented her on it and she said it was a cat stick she bought in Egypt - we ended up chatting and she was lovely, gorgeous wavy hair HL+ and so thick with a blunt hemline, silver streaks through her hair that were so pretty. We even ended up going to hers as she was nearby and rescues cats, she had 12! Had such a lovely time - I never actually asked her about LHC because I didn't want to sound obsessed :P I have my suspicions though!