PDA

View Full Version : Yay :) no more mullet :)

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Well I cut the back of my mullet hair as I've been growing out a pixie and it's a short about chin length bob I don't mind at all :). I just wanted to share, idk y. But now I have to
Keep the scissors away and collar bone length here I come :) and beyond.

spidermom
August 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
All right; I hope this makes you hate your hair less. Rock those accessories (suggestions from the other thread), and happy growing!

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM
It really does make me hate it less :) and thanks for remembering my other thread :). It was just the solution I needed at this point :)

Siiri
August 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
No pictures? I still have my mullet, I have trimmed it a few times but it keeps coming back from the dead..:brains:

misspriss
August 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I so know whwat you mean! I am keeping my mullet until after the wedding, because I am doing a half up and I want the length in the back, but after that? I'm getting rid of this dang mullet!

The back is so long though, it's going to suck. It's below shoulder length! But the front? Not even chin yet. I plan to get it just below chin, not quite as short as the shortest layers but lose the thin small part that is the longest. I'll let my hairstylist work his magic, I'm almost never dissapointed. (He has curly hair, and actually cuts it pretty well). *sigh* The other problem is my almost chin length layers? They are above my ears when it curls. eesh.

I can't wait to lose the mullet though. I'm glad you are happy with yours!

Mairéad
August 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yay! Happy for you!

I'm keeping my mullet until I can get a cut that is collar bone length. Chin length hair do's never looked that great on me. In theory they're supposed to because my face has a lot of angles, but it always looked like I was covering my face in hair rather than flaunting my face.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
No pictures? I still have my mullet, I have trimmed it a few times but it keeps coming back from the dead..:brains:

i put one in the signature and lol i think i got mine its almost one length..

2peasinapod
August 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Congratulations! I remember that stage well. I'll never forget how great it felt to get rid of the mullet of doom! It just keeps getting better from here! :)

Qwackie
August 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Yay! No more mullets!

I just got rid of mine, as well. Mullets are evil. D:

ericthegreat
August 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
That's great to hear! Slowly but surely, your ends will become even again and you will be able to grow all of your hair long and to the same overall length. I also like to add that I like the bangs that you currently have, they give your haircut a really nice style.

mrs_coffee
August 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I can't handle the mullet either. It drives me crazy. I'm glad you're pleased with the results. It will make growing it out much less painful if you don't hate it.

Mesmerise
August 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Well that's what I did last time I grew out a pixie! I grew it for awhile while keeping the mullet (used to just twist it up and clip it most of the time instead of wearing it out) and kept it long enough that it could be done in an updo for my sister's wedding (it needed LOTS of pins and hairspray though... I had a huuuuuge stash of bobbypins afterwards) and then after that I ended up cutting it into a bob to get rid of those layers. Fortunately by then it was just about long enough to make a ponystub and a couple of hairclips would keep the sides in!

BUT it grew heaps better after I'd cut it, and within a few months it was getting to a reasonable sort of length again!