PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share a cool updo(pics)

bunzfan
August 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hi all i wanted to share a cool updo i tried today. Its a double Fish tale braided bun with my new fork. I have been trying to find a big bun as my new fork is a little big for most buns.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P110804006.jpg

What do you think?

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 08:34 AM
It does seem to eat up a large part of your fork :D do you have instructions on this?

bunzfan
August 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM
It does seem to eat up a large part of your fork :D do you have instructions on this?

Hi Sundial,

You put your hair in a ponytail split the pony in half and fish tale braid each half and just coil them round and tuck the ends in. I found if you wrap the first braid round the ponytail band it hides it better:)

What i love is it's not that hard but looks really complicated.

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks!! I'll give this a try! I've always liked fishtail braids but have always worn them down on their own as a braid

bunzfan
August 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks!! I'll give this a try! I've always liked fishtail braids but have always worn them down on their own as a braid

Would love to see a picture if you do;)

Mrspuddinhead
August 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
This up-do is beautiful!! My hair is 24 1/2" and I to would like to try this though I don't have hair forks only sticks so it should work. My hair is much thinner then yours and I'm afraid my bun isn't going to be quite as full or as beautiful as yours but it is still worth a shot. Thank you for sharing. :)

Coan-Teen
August 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I like it. It's like a more defined herringbone. I've got to try this and see if it works for my layers. I think I might be a tad too short for it at the moment. I'm an inch and a half away from APL. Looks great, though.

MissEarlGrey
August 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I do this style all the time with different braids, but I secure the bun with two spin pins; works like a charm!