PDA

View Full Version : Do you use any leave-ins?

rena
August 4th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Who here uses leave-ins (oil, conditioner, your own special recipe, or what have you), after a wash? I use mine all the time.

loveandwaves
August 4th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Yup!

I add coconut oil to my damp hair after every wash. It makes it shiny, smooth, and tangle free! :gabigrin:

PorkChop
August 4th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Im thinking of purchasing some coconut oil today to try on my hair.

Does this look alright? Becaus im really not clued up on things like this. Heres the link

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=690&prodid=733&sid=0

Alaia
August 4th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Sometimes. I use oil when I need it.

Though right now I'm trying the George Michael products so I'm not putting anything else in my hair to see how it works.

CastaDiva
August 4th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Sometimes. I have a lot of different oils and other leave-in products. At the moment my favourite is the dumb blonde leave-in conditioner from Tigi:)

Theobroma
August 4th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I always use at least coconut oil. More often I use a mixture of AVG and coconut oil, and lately I've been adding a bit of shea butter into the mix. I also CO-wash My hair craves moisture and will pretty much soak up as much of it as I can feed it!

PorkChop
August 4th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Also, should I apply the coconut oil to the whole of my hair including on top? or just ends?

jackie_brown
August 4th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I always use a leave in after the wash... i think that curly-wurly persons need something to texturize hair and kill the frizz :mad:
Actually i use flax seeds gel emulsified with a little quantity of oils (i use a 8% of coconut oil-shea butter mix).
I scrunch my curls with it, after the wash, when my hair is still damp and dripping.
In this way i'm being able to reduce the most of frizz :)
I let it air dry putting some duck clips on the roots to lift them and avoid the flattening of hair near the scalp.

jackie_brown
August 4th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Also, should I apply the coconut oil to the whole of my hair including on top? or just ends?

Only on ends and lengths... put a little bit on palms, rub your hands then scrunch hair ;)
Your palms have to be slightly oily, don't overdo with the quantity or your hair will be very greasy.

longhairdntcare
August 4th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I love leave ins! I have an assortment I cycle through

Raiscake
August 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Coconut oil after every wash. My hair feels like silk afterwards. :D

Crysta
August 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM
nomnom NOM leave ins, are amazing.

loveandwaves
August 4th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Im thinking of purchasing some coconut oil today to try on my hair.

Does this look alright? Becaus im really not clued up on things like this. Heres the link

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=690&prodid=733&sid=0

Yes, that one looks just fine! I use this one:

http://savvybrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/nutiva-coconut.jpg

What I do is I take just a fingernail of coconut oil, rub it in my hand, and then finger comb half my hair with it. I do the same for the other half, and then I add a little more to my ends.

It took me a while to figure out the right amount of oil to use, so don't get discouraged if you over-do it a few times; just remember- a little goes a long way!

Lippytoes
August 4th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I use a bit (or a lot, depending) of my regular conditioner as a leave-in on wet hair immediately post-wash. I also add coconut oil sometimes.

Ligeia_13
August 4th, 2011, 05:40 AM
A bit of coconut oil on the ends once or twice a week. I try not to do too much to my hair, its doesn't like it.

Ardellis
August 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I add a touch of EVOO or coconut oil (I tend to alternate) to my ends a couple of times a week, usually when I'm going to be wearing my hair in a down braid and the ends will be exposed during the day.

ladyfey
August 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I use a little bit of Kinky Curly's Knot Today as a leave in. It is an awesome detangler, even for us straight-haired folk.

janeytilllie
August 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I do all the time. I use it after showers and inbetween washes. My hair craves conditioner and moisture. My hair is super dry and brittle if I don't.

I will either use regular rinse out conditioners or use normal leave in conditioners.

My favourties to use are Alberto Vo5 stawberries and cream, Garnier, Pantene, Herbal Esscences :)

kyandii
August 4th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I usually use coconut oil. I am however trying out a leave-in conditioner that my mother got me.

freckles
August 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I pretty much never leave anything in after a wash. I find that if everything isn't thoroughly rinsed out of my hair, it feels heavy and sticky ... like it's not really clean. I don't know if it's just because my hair is straight and fine, or whether I'm just so used to the lightweight, all washed out feeling so anything different feels wrong to me.

Occasionally I have tried a little coconut oil, but I can't tell how much I'm putting on wet and I always overdo it!

ccmso12
August 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM
2 drops tea tree oil with 3 drops jajoba oil scrunched in all over :) Coconut and olive oil are to heavy and dont absorb into my hair which leaves it looking greasy . . .the combo I use no one can tell I oiled my hair and it stays tangle free all day even when I wear it down all day.

I tried my combo on my oldest daughters hair and you couldnt even tell I put it in . . .she needs something much heaavier so am trying the coconut oil with her tonight

curlymarcia
August 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I use sweet almond oil daily, it makes a difference in the softness and shine :)

KlarissaD
August 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I usually use coconut oil as a leave in.

Sundial
August 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I always use a leave-in! My damaged hair needs them for slip. I use oils, AVG, or a non-cone serum depending on occasion

longcurlygirl<3
August 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
kinky-curly knot today leave-in is AMAZING! plus then a bit of gel, and occasionally coconut oil or grapeseed oil to seal :)

Herb
August 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Since it's summer, I've been using my keratin-sunscreen leave in every day. I forget what brand it is. I usually use it every couple of days when it's not so sunny, but I figure my hair needs a little extra protection right now.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM
All the time, a macadamia and argan oil leave in. Sometimes just argan oil. Sometimes coconut oil sometimes all of them. But I always use a leave in, I don't know the purpose but I have damaged chunks in the front from bleaching,

NightOwl26
August 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I recently made a homemade leave-in \spray gel and my hair is so shiny and feels amazing. I mixed water, aloe gel, small glob of coconut oil, and cone free conditioner (for smell)-Garnier, and a small amount of alcohol free gel.

Loreley
August 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I always oil my damp hair with coconut oil. I love it!

ellen732
August 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I use Fox's shea butter conditioning cream as a leave in.

terpentyna
August 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I always use some, but only at the ends. Camelia oil most of the time.

Vlientje
August 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Yeees, since I discovered leave-ins, I've been using them the whole time! I use Yes to Cucumbers! ^^

MissAlyssa
August 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I always use a leave in conditioner or smoothing cream, they help fight the frizzyness that fluffs up while I air dry ;P

CurlyNaomi
August 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Yup. I put one all the time...but for me It's almost useless if I don't seal my hair with oil right after it. They needs each others. :)

alliekat
August 4th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I finally found coconut oil at a Whole Foods that's not so near me, and I've used it about three times. The first time, I used too much even though it didn't look like much on my hands, and turned into a grease ball. The next times I used less, and my hair has still been rather tangley and not slippy at all.

I just switched to CO a couple weeks ago and I have not been able to find the right conditioner for washing and for moisturizing yet I guess.

spigette
August 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I use a home-made leave in spray of part conditioner and mostly water which I use when detangling. I also use argan oil or coconut oil.

I have recently started using Tressemme Naturals cone-free conditioner and my hair LOVES it. It feels so soft, smooth and light, and I seem to be using less oil than I used to.

vanillabones
August 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I always use an oil and a detangler

Stub
August 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I generally try to not wash out every bit of conditioner, (thus, 'leaving some in') and then use a little oil. Usually jojoba, but recently tried sweet almond and loved it, maybe even more!

QueenJoey
August 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I apply jojoba oil to my ends after every wash. My ends are very dry. :(

Cassie 123
August 4th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Pre-LHC, I used a coney Garnier leave-in conditioner. Currently, I use a very dilute citric acid solution as a final rinse, and leave that on my hair, and I also apply a bit of oil (a homemade blend that varies). I haven't yet tried using my regular conditioner as a leave-in, but I think I'll try it soon. I also have a big tub of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie waiting to be tried. I don't think I've ever not used a leave-in, at least in recent memory.

slo2gro
August 4th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I love leave ins! I have an assortment I cycle through

me too, same. infusium, coconut oil, sometimes both, i use sometimes a gloss spray just for my ends, i know not really the same thing. I sometimes use pantene leave ins.

winona
August 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM
My all time favorite commercial leave in is Sally Brand GVP Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" leave in. It is $10 for 33oz:)

shellblue1
August 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
First I spray in a mix of GVP Infusium leave-in that has some detangler mixed in. Then, I use a mix of TIGI Curls Rock leave-in conditoner and the GVP version of Redken Anti-Snap.

Just a heads up when using wash-out conditioners as leave-ins, some regular wash-out conditioners contain a couple of ingredients that can sensitize the skin - they are methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone.

xoerincolleen
August 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I have a fantastic leave-in, it's Isvara Organics Hair Serum and is a combination of a bunch of fantastic smelling oils. My aunt got it for me a couple months ago, I'm trying to not use it daily anymore because it's going fast and it was pricey. It's wonderful though!

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I use the Aussie leave in.

RitaPG
August 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Yes, I use one all the time. Usually it's either a bit of coconut or monoi oil, or my regular conditioner

Lorisal
August 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I use regular conditioner diluted with water in a spray bottle, most of the time. I also use the Aveeno leave-in treatment, occasionally.

Keller1128
August 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I've been putting coconut oil on my hair after the shower.

ladonna
August 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Coconut oil is awesome! I use it after washing, and before shampooing I mix in some rose essential oil and leave it on my hair for at least 15 minutes. I my hair has changed alot since starting this routine.

halfbroke
August 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I use coconut oil and/or jojoba oil after every wash. It keeps the tangles away and smooths down the frizz.

Yame
August 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
What kind of a poll is this? The only options are:

Yes (always)
Yes (sometimes)
Yes (occasionally)
and Cheese?

Where is the "no" button?