PDA

View Full Version : Want darker hair... like a brown/auburn

Amber_Maiden
August 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I really want to take me hair darker, I think.. Make it a tiny bit more brown/auburn coloured... How can I do this? I really don't want to use Indigo, because the last time I used it, it didn't "stick"... also it makes my skin itchy, so I think I'm allergic to Indigo (not to henna though!!!)....

Any ideas???:confused:

xoxophelia
August 3rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I would just try a semipermanent if you are allergic to indigo. There may also be a vegetable dye you can use.

diverbel
August 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
Have you thought about using amla and buxus(katam) ? I have used a mixture of henna, amla, and buxus and it took three full head applications before the buxus took, but it finally did and is lasting about 5 weeks before I have to do it again. The buxus is very grainy though and a major pain in the butt to work with, but gives good color once you get it to stick. And it is no way near permnant like indigo is! That is unless you get it on the wall and don't remember to wipe it off LOL! I now have gray/black spots on my bathroom wall!

QueenJoey
August 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm starting to rinse my hair with strong black coffee because I've heard it darkens the hair. I'll let you know when I start seeing results.

whitestiletto
August 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Did it make your skin itchy even after it was rinsed out and gone? I found indigo itchy on my scalp and thought I was having a reaction, but it stopped when I washed it out so I think it was just the texture. Sorry I know you don't want to use it im just curious. Is anyone else allergic to indigo?

Unofficial_Rose
August 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
There was a thread on here once entitled "Itchy, itchy indigo". Some people have reported being allergic to it.

Avital88
August 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
oh really this makes me think about my itchy scalp after using hendigo:)
Yea semi dye would work best then, but i think your hair right now is really lovely!