PDA

View Full Version : S n D question

slo2gro
August 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
ok im new to a lot of this n not sure if or how i can do this but with my hair being the length it is and the split ends being where they are not sure how to reach them. They are back and higher as i have layered back ends so any suggestion on how to seek and destroy and how do you all go about doing that.... i dont want to get a salon trim and lose the lil bit of length i have yanno :(

slo2gro
August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
oh and did i mention that i found 2 today and now im tramatized lol

Jenn of Pence
August 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Well, if I could only find two, I would die of elation. :lol: There's just not much you can do to see your hair when it's around shoulder length, but to be honest, at shoulder length there shouldn't be all that many splits anyway, unless it has been heavily heat styled or something. Two splits is nothing to worry about! If you know of someone you trust and owes you a favor, you could ask them to snip them for you. ;)

Maybe someone can recommend a trick that I don't know. Other than this, I fear that a trim is probably the only way to get rid of them if you do indeed have a lot.

NightOwl26
August 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I heard you can take a small section of hair and twist it. The shorter hairs will stick out. It will be hard with a shorter length and in the back! I have the same problem: My long layers are short in the back and probably split. I haven't S&D much, I don't have the patience.

Keller1128
August 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
You could bend at the waist so all your hair is right there in front of you. I think that makes it kind of difficult though because there's so much of it that it would be hard to single out hairs. Just a thought. I'm around the same length so I wonder the same thing.

slo2gro
August 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
thanks all, some great ideas, i appreciate it a lot.

spidermom
August 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Bend forward and let it fall toward the floor, but don't worry too much about splits at that length.

Sundial
August 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Bend forward and let it fall toward the floor, but don't worry too much about splits at that length.

That's what I used to do at that length. I'll pull it forward and hold it taut while I S&D but to be honest, like what spidermom and Jenn of Peace said, you shouldn't be worried about split ends at that length. It's a strain on the eye to S&D at that length and not worth the effort.

Just give it a few more months to gain a few more inches. When it reaches around APL, S&D will get easier. I doubt splits will travel as high as your growth by then.

slo2gro
August 3rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
awww thanks again as i said above most are at the top back middle where all the layers where done for the graduated bob and well there arent many but the few i found got me all worked up lol I do treat my hair well and with ccare so im trying not to stress about it. I keep thinking OMG im gonna have all split ends before i know it cuz i found two lol

americanjan1
August 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
I have the same problem. Best thing to do is have someone help you.

slo2gro
August 4th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thank you all you have been most helpful I really appreciate it, I am learning so much here on LHC thanks a bunch