PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a ridiculous suggestion towards my hairdresser?

eilz90
August 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ok so I want a hair colour nearer to my own. Was gonna ask my hairdresser to colour my ginger/blonde hair brown again but avoid the roots. Do you think its realistically possible to colour my hair without having to go near my roots?

Macaroni
August 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Ok so I want a hair colour nearer to my own. Was gonna ask my hairdresser to colour my ginger/blonde hair brown again but avoid the roots. Do you think its realistically possible to colour my hair without having to go near my roots?

A good colorist will be able to color your length to match your roots.

eilz90
August 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
A good colorist will be able to color your length to match your roots.

But without actually colouring my roots? Where I have virgin hair I don't any dye to go near it.

spidermom
August 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
I think it would be hard to totally keep dye off your roots. The hair coming off the top of your head touches the roots of hairs growing between it and the nape of your neck, so if it has dye on it, some is going to get on the roots, I think, unless maybe the stylist foils every strand. They might do that, for a price.

Shany
August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
It's possible if you can find a very good colorist. I already had it done before and it matched my roots very well, without dyeing the virgin roots.

Ithonna
August 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
A colorist cal foil your hair, that should keep majority of the dye from reaching your roots.

vanillabones
August 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I would love to get this done again but with a tinted hair gloss. They fade very quickly but are good for the hair and coat it to protect for awhile. I want to get this done again but without touching my precious roots I really do wonder if it's possible... this thread gives me hope. I think I'll call my stylist and ask once autumn is here :)

Chiara
August 4th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Yes, its possible, I've had this done.
Just bear in mind that the length will need need to be redyed, as the colour may fade somewhat.

Macaroni
August 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
But without actually colouring my roots? Where I have virgin hair I don't any dye to go near it.

Yes.

Conversely, if your hair colorist were to bleach/color your roots to match the length, he/she wouldn't let the bleach/color bleed onto the already bleached/colored length.