PDA

View Full Version : Today I did something crazy..

Bambi
August 3rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Well I went to an Italian restaurant with my family today, and totally inspired by all of you, I heard this little voice in my head.."Try to put some Olive Oil on your ends" so I took some from the container and massaged it gently through my hair. It worked fabulously:)

My aunt just laughed, always nice to make somebody happy!

I have been experimenting with oils lately and Coconut Oil is working good as a deep conditioner but not so much as a leave in. Jojoba delivers a nice sheen but it is sticky, the Olive Oil just sealed it and made it so smooth. Off to the store I go to buy some EVOO:cheese:!

Cheers!

Avienda
August 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm gonna have to try this! I've read about oil here several times, but i've always been scared cuz my scalp is naturally oily.

gypsymoth
August 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
I love olive oil - on my hair, on my skin, in my tummy...Mmm, now I want to go to an Italian restaurant...:yumm:

Bambi
August 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
I love olive oil - on my hair, on my skin, in my tummy...Mmm, now I want to go to an Italian restaurant...:yumm:

The food was diiiiviiine!!!

CastaDiva
August 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
An Italian restaurant, not the worst place to find out that your hair likes olive oil:D I love EVOO too:)

gthlvrmx
August 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
EVOO is great! Makes the hair so soft, perfect for a deep conditioning treatment and doesn't make the strands clump too much

archel
August 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
I love EVOO! I steal my boyfriend's when I'm over there to put it in my ends.

BlazingHeart
August 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm glad EVOO works so well for you. It's a total disaster for me - sticky, messy, snarly. I do much better with coconut.

Avienda, if you put the oil on your length not your scalp, your oily scalp shouldn't be an issue.

~Blaze

spidermom
August 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
You applied oil to your hair while sitting in a restaurant? I wouldn't like to see that. Hair care and being at the table seem mutually exclusive to me.

ellen732
August 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
I hope it wasn't the oil that you dip your bread in. :p

LisaMonster
August 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
You applied oil to your hair while sitting in a restaurant? I wouldn't like to see that. Hair care and being at the table seem mutually exclusive to me.

Agreed... ucky.

Olive oil isn't too expensive at the grocery.

Bambi
August 4th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Agreed... ucky.

Olive oil isn't too expensive at the grocery.

I know, I know, no need to worry, I was extremely careful, because I wouldn't want to see that either.

Of the Fae
August 4th, 2011, 02:13 AM
I like EVOO a lot too, it really works well, the only downside is that it can be a bit too greasy when overdone, and then hard to get out. So either the slightest amount possible, or in a hairmask with other ingredients for me :)

Avital88
August 4th, 2011, 03:19 AM
arg now i want pizza

Sweetie
August 4th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Good to know EVOO has been great for you! It works great for me too, on my hair, and as a make up remover, too!!! (I'm also happy you appreciate Italian kitchen!)

ericthegreat
August 4th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Ohh this isn't crazy at all. Nor are you the first LHC member to do this exact same thing. :p

I would however caution that you should at the very least be very discreet if you decide to do this again at a restaurant. The other diners at the restaurant may not approve of seeing you applying the same kind of edible oil that they are eating with on your hair, and they may make a complaint to the restaurant manager. Maybe next time, look around to make sure no one is watching you, and then dip your fingers into the oil and quickly apply it to your hair.

Bambi
August 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Ohh this isn't crazy at all. Nor are you the first LHC member to do this exact same thing. :p

I would however caution that you should at the very least be very discreet if you decide to do this again at a restaurant. The other diners at the restaurant may not approve of seeing you applying the same kind of edible oil that they are eating with on your hair, and they may make a complaint to the restaurant manager. Maybe next time, look around to make sure no one is watching you, and then dip your fingers into the oil and quickly apply it to your hair.

Oh this was definately a one time only occasion:eyebrows:! I do not reconsider doing it in public again, I just did it on a whim. I am a really careful person so this is very crazy to be me:cheese:!