PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon French Braid. (picture alert)

AshleyTheRed
August 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
So I saw this and wanted to try it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PaQhDCrZj4

My hair is much much longer than hers, but this turned out really pretty!
The ribbon is black but for some reason looks blue? O.o
http://i55.tinypic.com/1037ehx.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/mkkeo7.jpg

Alaia
August 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Awesome! That looks so great :D

Is it french or dutch? I suppose I should watch the video to find out :lol:

ETA: How the heck did you do that! Did you get someone to help? Or do you have four hands ;)

owlathena
August 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Pretty! I want to try to use more ribbons in my hair.

Mirsha
August 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
I'm horrible at recognizing hairstyles, but is it a boxbraid with the ribbon as two of the strands? edt: I'm wondering because it doesn't look like the video a lot :)

Looks very pretty at any rate. I've been putting off getting ribbons.. hmmm maybe I should :D

KittyLost
August 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
That looks really pretty

Madora
August 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
@Ashleythered...

Thanks for the link! Your version looked perfect! I certainly admire your finger dexterity!!

Slinks
August 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Ashley, very pretty indeed :-) I don't the ribbon looks blue, lol, it looks a dark purple on my computer ..

arc691
August 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
That looks

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/bd8b6e456429495796ed16b3303b98c8.gif

serious
August 3rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
So beautiful!!!

And, I agree with Mirsha and Madora, your version looks different ( and waay prettier!)

taimatsuko
August 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
That's so beautiful. I most certainly have to try it out sometime. Did you just hold the two ends in your teeth when you did it?

vendethiel
August 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Very beautiful! It is also versatile, you could use different colors of ribbons to give it a different look.

AshleyTheRed
August 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Awesome! That looks so great :D

Is it french or dutch? I suppose I should watch the video to find out :lol:

ETA: How the heck did you do that! Did you get someone to help? Or do you have four hands ;)

I held it in my mouth and had my mom tie it off at the end :D

I'm horrible at recognizing hairstyles, but is it a boxbraid with the ribbon as two of the strands? edt: I'm wondering because it doesn't look like the video a lot :)

Looks very pretty at any rate. I've been putting off getting ribbons.. hmmm maybe I should :D
My hair is much thicker, we followed the video exactly.

@Ashleythered...

Thanks for the link! Your version looked perfect! I certainly admire your finger dexterity!!

Finger and mouth that is xD

So beautiful!!!

And, I agree with Mirsha and Madora, your version looks different ( and waay prettier!)
Thanks!

That's so beautiful. I most certainly have to try it out sometime. Did you just hold the two ends in your teeth when you did it?

Yes Yes I did. :eyebrows:

AshleyTheRed
August 3rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Very beautiful! It is also versatile, you could use different colors of ribbons to give it a different look.

Yes. I used black because it contrasts so well with my color.

AshleyTheRed
August 3rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
The reason I did this braid today was to distract people from the oillyness of it. I just did an ACV rinse to fix that problem but the ends in that picture look all yucky :(

MissAlyssa
August 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
My mom used to do the same thing to my hair when I was younger :) She used much thinner ribbon, and would use three strands for each section of hair, and let the ribbon hang out a bit longer at the end, which was my favorite part haha ;)

evampr18
August 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
This is BEAUTIFUL on you. I really love it. Really. :)

Sweetie
August 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I love it!!! Wish I had your patience and skill!!!

Neneka
August 4th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Oh, so pretty! I want to try this when my hair grows. I love ribbons in a hair. (Actually I have already bought some nice ribbons that I can use later :o)

AshleyTheRed
August 4th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Oh, so pretty! I want to try this when my hair grows. I love ribbons in a hair. (Actually I have already bought some nice ribbons that I can use later :o)

I have a drawer full of ribbons and headbands!

My mom used to do the same thing to my hair when I was younger :) She used much thinner ribbon, and would use three strands for each section of hair, and let the ribbon hang out a bit longer at the end, which was my favorite part haha ;)

Eh I really just didn't feel like braiding then end xD

This is BEAUTIFUL on you. I really love it. Really. :)
Thank you!

I love it!!! Wish I had your patience and skill!!!
Thanks!

EricaLee83
August 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM
This looks so elegant and pretty! Great job!

Lollipop
August 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I have to remember to try braiding in scarves and ribbons more often :p. It looks beautiful! I have some ribbons that I either braid into my hair, or I weave them in later with either a large yarn needle or my scunci design weaver (same thing, but a bigger eye :))

AshleyTheRed
August 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I have to remember to try braiding in scarves and ribbons more often :p. It looks beautiful! I have some ribbons that I either braid into my hair, or I weave them in later with either a large yarn needle or my scunci design weaver (same thing, but a bigger eye :))

I've never had any luck doing that >_< the needle always fights back or gets stuck!

HoneyJubilee
August 19th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Very pretty! You're certainly more coordinated than I am...I can't even manage a regular French braid on my own hair :)

Airmide
September 24th, 2011, 10:20 PM
It looks so pretty!! I wonder how come yours looks so much nicer even than the tutorial? I'm going to have to give this style a try sometime!

maria_asa
September 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM
That looks great. I really want to try it but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to figure make it.