PDA

View Full Version : Tangle Teezer

PorkChop
August 3rd, 2011, 04:02 AM
Just a quick thread, Im thinking of bobbing out and buying one of these on my dinner break, do people actually reccommend them?

freckles
August 3rd, 2011, 04:13 AM
Lots of people (including me -- and I have a similar hair type to you if that's any consolation!) love them. Some people find that they don't work for their hair.

Here's a nice long thread about the tangle teezer (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9334).

I have two, thinking of getting a third. They smooth my hair like I can't get a comb to do, and detangle without snapping hairs unlike other brushes I've had :)

Chetanlaiho
August 3rd, 2011, 04:22 AM
Have had mine for a month or so now, and I love it to death. Wish I'd gotten the travel version too ^_^ it has made my detangling process, sooo much easier and less unpleasant =)

PorkChop
August 3rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks for that thread freckles

Mesmerise
August 3rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
I bought one for my DD in the hope that she'd be able to detangle her hair better with it. Well...she still struggles in detangling, but I find it quite nice in mine (and nice on my scalp). The one person in the house who really benefited was my 10 year old DS who HATES his hair being brushed. He has the most sensitive scalp I've ever come across... all you need to do is touch it and he says "OUCH!" and yet, he'd do his hair with the Tangle Teezer (which I call the "TT"). However, he's since had his hair cut and it doesn't need any brushing now lol.

Still, me and DD use it regularly, even if it doesn't totally help remove the tanglies in my daughter's hair.

NotInPortland
August 3rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Yes, get one you won't regret it ;) I love mine, in fact I'm thinking of going out and buying the bright pink one as well as my black one so I can find it more easily! :p

CastaDiva
August 3rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
I love my Tangle Teezer! Detangling wet hair has never been easier and more effortless, it just glides through the hair. Also love how it works on dry hair:)

UP Lisa
August 3rd, 2011, 06:27 AM
I was skeptical that it would work, but I have a lot better luck with it than I do with a comb. It makes scary sounds when you use it. It sounds like it is breaking off all of the hairs, but it isn't. I wish I would have had one years ago.

vanillabones
August 3rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
I love mine, I brought it to the beach, thank goodness I did otherwise I would've had the worst hair day ever :)

Anje
August 3rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
I like mine, and while I haven't been using it exclusively, I'm noticing that I've got fewer splits than I used to have when I only used wide-tooth combs. I think it might be what's allowing me to get ahead of the splits with S&D.

If you have a cat, you may find you need a second one for him/her. Mine's perpetually full of cat hair just from one of mine rubbing himself on it (plus whatever fuzz has collected in my hair), and he regularly begs to be brushed while I'm detangling my hair. He seems to think it's the best cat brush ever.

Cowgirl16
August 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
I LOVE my TT! I like how it massages my scalp and smooths my hair. I use it everyday :D

seethruugirl
August 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I love mine! Thats almost all we use here at the house. My girls love it too. I noticed they have a purplish one at Sally's I will probably go back and get that one too. I think I should get one for my dogs as well! :)

newbeginning
August 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
I just started using one recently and It makes my hair smoother and less frizzier.