PDA

View Full Version : this hair photo makes me SO SO SO HAPPY! :-D

archel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Can you look at this and not smile? I dare ya! I triple dawg dare ya!

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/xxjinx/default/rainbow-braid--large-msg-130885442759.jpg

estelwen
August 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
That's incredible.

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
My heart literally went all crazy looking at that! That would be so fun to have...but only for a day!

jitzgrrl
August 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I love it! Thanks for sharing-

whitestiletto
August 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Here's her flickr, she has a ton of beautiful rainbow make up and hair, and even describes her hair routine a bit. Wisely Chosen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/)

For more LOLS: expectation vs reality (http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/400x-expectation-vs-reality.jpeg)

cindy58
August 2nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
She's certainly unique! My first thought at the photo was that I like "real" hair better, but then after I looked at a few more, the green/blue/purple shades started growing on me, especially when they're curled.

archel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
I love the rainbow corkscrews! And her rainbow makeup. Yay! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

perkidanman
August 2nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
It makes me think of rainbow brite all grown up.....also that it looks like it should be edible and sweet....*drool*

archel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
I used to have wild colors of veggie dyes, but only for my bangs. A whole head of all those colors would be WAY too much work for me. I love this long and natural color thing (my henna barely shows and won't need to be done often). I get to be lazy. But yeah - she's fabuloso!

archel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
It does look like candy! Like a giant swirly lolipop.

DakarNick
August 2nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Here's her flickr, she has a ton of beautiful rainbow make up and hair, and even describes her hair routine a bit. Wisely Chosen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/)

How do you know that is Wisely Chosen?

archel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
I think you can tell fom the URL of the photo

DakarNick
August 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
I think you can tell fom the URL of the photo

The flickr and LHC links are her but the OP's link is this one http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/xxjinx/default/rainbow-braid--large-msg-130885442759.jpg

whitestiletto
August 2nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/5700267678/in/set-72157625502305556

DakarNick
August 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/5700267678/in/set-72157625502305556

Thank you. I wasn't doubting you. I just didn't see a correlation between the link and her flickr page :)

Too bad about Wisely's hair though, she cut off a lot of length!

McFearless
August 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Her hair is indeed amazing. It remains healthy despite all the bleach and dying too.

Friesiangirl
August 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'd just like to remind everyone, the last time her photo's were posted, some people were quite mean. Please don't let this turn into that again, it was hurtful to watch.

It takes a lot to post yourself on the Internet, and she is not here to decorate our world no more than we are hers.

Beautiful hair, of course.

whitestiletto
August 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Thank you. I wasn't doubting you. I just didn't see a correlation between the link and her flickr page :)

I only know because there was a previous thread about her a week or two ago.

I don't know how/why people were mean about it before, but her flickr is amazing and I'm glad she takes the time to make herself art.

DakarNick
August 2nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
I joined after she left here. I think she is gorgeous and very brave for posting pics. I have nothing against her. Though her short hair bums me out!

Roseate
August 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I'd just like to remind everyone, the last time her photo's were posted, some people were quite mean. Please don't let this turn into that again, it was hurtful to watch.

Actually, I think we've had at least three threads since then where someone's come across her and linked her photos here. Her profile (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=26423)'s still up here, she hasn't been back herself though.

Damn shame we chased her right off like that, clearly she has lots of fans at LHC! We shot ourselves straight in the foot with that one.

pennyroyal
August 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
I have said it before & i'll say it again-i LOVE that hair!!!!! I wish i could have it!

Kosmos
August 3rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
Man. I'd love to have hair like that but I've given up the dye. Fufu

gthlvrmx
August 3rd, 2011, 01:00 AM
I did not smile and it's my second time looking.
It's very interesting.

watermelon
August 3rd, 2011, 01:20 AM
It looks so cool. She manages to make it look very polished, whereas a lot of the "rainbow" hair I've seen just looks muddled and/or damaged. I'm surprised that her hair is in such good condition for all the bleaching & recoloring it goes through. :skittles:

PrincessBob
August 3rd, 2011, 02:03 AM
I now want rainbow sherbet. Or some delicious skittles! :skittles:

Oh, man, could you imagine the awkwardness of me meeting her!

PB: "Excuse me, but may i have a lick of your head? I just have to know if it is as delicious as it looks.":tongue:

WC::run:

Yeah, that won't creep anybody out.:grnbiggri

aaperez
August 3rd, 2011, 02:25 AM
I love it! Her hair works great with her.

Cania
August 3rd, 2011, 03:23 AM
How does she keep it in such good condition? :o
It looks absolutely beautiful. Even if you're not a fan of the colours, the skill she must have to dye it like that is impressive.

tgagurl27
August 3rd, 2011, 04:51 AM
thats soo cool.. I wonder how she gets such amazing colour.. She must have to dye it every week. I had blue in my hair and it lasted about a week.. It was supposed to be permanent too.. ?? In some photos she looks like a wax figure to because of her airbrushed looking skin shes fantastic at make up application

mrs_coffee
August 3rd, 2011, 04:55 AM
I think she is super cool. I could look at her Flickr page for hours.

alwayssmiling
August 3rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
She makes me want to do crazy things to my hair. Wow! So beautiful......and the make up!

Elysium
August 3rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Her hair is amazing, but the maintenance must be awful!

Lozzie
August 3rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Wow! Are her parents clowns?! hee hee she looks really cool and is obviously very dedicated to her look :)

Seishin
August 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Love it!! love it!! Love it!!! Wish I could pull that off:)

AlexiaBlue
August 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Why in the world would anyone say mean things about her? I think she's actually really beautiful, and I love her hair. It definitely wouldn't work for the "average" person, but it really suits her well. Heck, I wish I could carry something like that off! :)

Quahatundightu
August 3rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I LOVE it!!!! SO colourful and beautiful :) I definitely have hair envy :)

robynlh87
August 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
while I would never do something like this I LOVE it! I really like the really light blonde with all the colors, reminds me of cotton candy :)

Peggy E.
August 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Can't be a wallflower and pull this off, now, can you?

I love it - what fun! But the "one day only" thing would be just about my limit, too - not to mention having never dyed my hair, it would be an odd undertaking to start out with now!

princessp
August 3rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah it did make me smile!

StormVixen
August 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
I :heartbeat Wisely Chosen...

Avienda
August 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Can't be a wallflower and pull this off, now, can you?

I love it - what fun! But the "one day only" thing would be just about my limit, too - not to mention having never dyed my hair, it would be an odd undertaking to start out with now!

sure you can!! You'd just be a very colorful flower! lol

BrightEyes7
August 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
How does she keep it in such good condition? :o

thats soo cool.. I wonder how she gets such amazing colour.. She must have to dye it every week. I had blue in my hair and it lasted about a week.. It was supposed to be permanent too.. ?? In some photos she looks like a wax figure to because of her airbrushed looking skin shes fantastic at make up application

There have been threads about her in the past. She has said she her hair is made of steel (not her exact words). She bleaches it white and uses Manic Panic to color it. I believe she says she bleaches just the roots. She is a natural red head. Her hair is naturally curly too.

Her flickr makes me smile and wish I had her hair. Not that my hair looked like hers, but that I had HER hair.

And I've seen on her Flickr that she uses the Manic Panic foundation too... though I think she may also use photo shop to make her look a bit doll like.

No matter what... that woman has TALENT! She does her own hair, awesome at make-up, does a lot of different artsy type things, and is a really gifted photographer/photo shopper.

Sunshineliz
August 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but it's given me a crazy urge to try Manic Panic on my gray streak....but I'm afraid it wouldn't wash out well.:confused: Don't want to LOSE the silver.:eek:

Shypii90
August 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
That is EPIC hair :D. Once I saw a tourist walking by with the same coloured hair in fine braids and it reached her hips; it's really something to see that in person!!

long gone
August 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Misti told me to stop worrying about my age, and this would be one way to do it!! Dye the waist length white streaks, lavender and maybe blue? A new take on 'blue-haired old lady'. I love that her picture got re-posted.

archel
August 3rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Well, I'm a 40-year-old woman with a peirced nose and 8 earrings - if you want colorful hair, go for it at any age I say :)

Kyla
August 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM

I believe that I read on her flicker that she doesn't do anything to prevent the color fading, as she likes the variety. She bleaches her hair almost white, so I suppose that's helps give it such a bright color? I believe the braid pic was taken when it was freshly dyed.

Wait, here's a link to the pic where she says she doesn't do anything: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/5891036895/in/photostream

Dye process, and white-ish hair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/5864990756/in/photostream

newbeginning
August 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Amazing...the hair and makeup and nails.