PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels.

mallorykay13
August 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
What are your opinions? Are they good, bad, ugly? :cheese:

misstwist
August 2nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hate the texture but wonderful for sopping up wet hair.

Anje
August 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hubby got some little ones for cleaning the car (relatively inexpensive way to get them). I keep stealing them for polishing my glasses and blotting drippy hair. They seem quite good to me. Of course, no towel dries your hair very fast if it's soggy.

jitzgrrl
August 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
The ones I have seem absorbent, but my (fine) hair gets tangled around the texture of the towel and it's suprisingly difficult to get it all combed out again. So I've gone back to my normal cheap thin white towel. Your towels might have a different weave than mine (I believe hubby got them for dusting/polishing, or something of the ilk)

ange1ito
August 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm using a turbie towel which is microfire. The best thing for me was how it is much lighter and does'nt pull on the hair once rolled up like other towel's. If I leave it on for about 30 minutes it's pretty good at getting most of the water, then I can airdry the rest. Still use a blowdrier when it's cold though.

embee
August 2nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I got a big one for a hair towel through a group-order here on the old LHC! I think they were supposed to be for big dogs.... like I care? ;) Works great.

Intransigentia
August 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
I have one - it was sold specifically as a super-absorbent towel for hair - and it definitely absorbs more water than my "normal" towels. I've seen microfibre cleaning stuff that I wouldn't let near my hair though, they just have a grabby feel and I'm sure they'd try to bond with my hair forever.

rusika1
August 2nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
I have one that I bought at Big Lots a month or so ago. It's royal blue (colorfast) and about the size of a regular towel and it cost $5; I found it in the automotive department. I love it for hair, it isn't too bulky or heavy and it soaks up water like crazy. I went back and bought a second one.

ETA: I have fine, tangle-prone hair and have no problem using these towels. They stick to my hands, not to my hair! (I'm really bad about applying lotion.)

islandboo
August 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
I have a microfiber turbie towel and like it very much. No problem with tangling and it does a nice job of getting my hair from wet to damp.

justgreen
August 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
I got a big one for a hair towel through a group-order here on the old LHC! I think they were supposed to be for big dogs.... like I care? ;) Works great.

Ditto for me, still using it. What almost five years ago? I got my daughter one on the second group order and she has to hide it from her DH, he likes to dry off body parts with it, UGH. I'm lucky enough to have my own bathroom. If I ever saw Cyk touching my towel, well, that's grounds for murder in my book. :D

We keep small ones around for cleaning glasses and my Droid X phone screen. It has a screen cover on it for protection, but the microfiber cleans it just as well. I cut a small square portion from one of them and keep it in my purse for cleaning my Droid screen and also my Kindle screen.