PDA

View Full Version : How often to ACV?

Amber_Maiden
August 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Just wondering how often I should be doing an ACV rinse? How often do you guys do it?? Thanks!

heatherovka
August 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
I try to do one every wash (sometimes I forget to mix it before I get in the shower). I use 1 - 1.5 tsp ACV to 8 oz water. Now I am on well-water which I suspect is fairly hard, I could probably benefit from increasing the ACV a little. I let it sit on my hair for a minute or two and then rinse.

Anje
August 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Depends on why you're doing it. There's no reason you can't do one every time you wet your hair. If you're trying to avoid hard water buildup or are washing with a soap-based product, it's probably preferable to use it every time.

If you just want to boost shine occasionally or if you get flat hair from doing ACV rinses too often, then you might want to do it less. As I currently have a water softener and CO wash, I only do them sporadically.

mallorykay13
August 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Do you do it after you wash and condition?

Dina L.
August 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
I do it each time I wash my hair (4-7 days).

Busybee
August 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Depends on why you're doing it. There's no reason you can't do one every time you wet your hair. If you're trying to avoid hard water buildup or are washing with a soap-based product, it's probably preferable to use it every time.

If you just want to boost shine occasionally or if you get flat hair from doing ACV rinses too often, then you might want to do it less. As I currently have a water softener and CO wash, I only do them sporadically.

Anje - your hair color is fabulous - plase tell me that is natural so I can drool?

To comment on the OP's question and your answers - what if the hair is dyed? Should you ACV every wash or just clarify once a week - or both?

I have ACV, and I also have a clarifying shampoo with a little bit of ACV in it. With dyed hair, I don't want to over do it....

Just curious on behalf of us dyers

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
I do ACV every wash (every other or every 3 days). My hair has never looked better!

whitestiletto
August 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
My hair is dyed (well, stripped, then dyed) been dyed 4 times. I use ACV every time I shower, which is 1-3/wk. It helped make my crunchy dyed hair softer (the hairdresser wanted to just cut all the damage off... **** no)

ETA: and I put it on after I rinse conditioner out.

BlazingHeart
August 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
I ACV every time I wash (except when I'm forgetful, heh). I also do a chamomile tea rinse if my scalp is itchy - the combination of ACV and chamomile rinses has helped SO much!

I shampoo, conditioner, dip my length in the ACV, and then pour it over my scalp, let it sit as long as I can stand the smell, and then rinse it. If I do a chamomile tea rinse, I do it after the ACV, same method (though I time it because that smell doesn't especially bother me like vinegar-y smells do)

~Blaze

Jing
August 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
I use it as a final rinse every time I wash, for the soft and shiny.

rbs22
September 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I did an acv rinse for the first time the other day and I am in love!! My dyed, frizzy hair is actually soft, shiny, with less fly-aways. These were the results I was hoping for when I started coconut oil (which I've stopped). I'm still in the process of stretching out my wash days from every day to 2-3 days now, but I will continue to try acv after each wash and see how it goes.

celebriangel
September 13th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Every wash. My hair visibly gets shinier even in the shower. It seems to think vinegar rinses are some kind of ambrosia.

YepLilly
September 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I do ACV rinses every time I wash my hair. It seems to like them :)

teal
September 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Almost every time I get my hair wet. I find the ACV helps with detangling, which for me is well worth the chance of "flat" hair. I rarely wear my hair down anyhow. It's almost always in a bun or a braid, and not because I'm babying the ends. I'm helping the ends avoid baby. :)

ETA: I don't leave it in. I rinse it out every time, then finish with a cold rinse.

Alienor
September 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'm not doing an acv after every shampoo because it tends to make my hair a little dry.
So it's when I feel like to do it, no special habit.