PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when....

lynnala
March 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I hate it when the top of my hair fork bumps into the door frame of my car when I'm getting out. Or if I'm reaching back in to get something off the seat. It feels horrible and I usually have to take it out and redo it.

Islandgrrl
March 13th, 2008, 03:23 PM
:lol: This so made me giggle. I did this very sort of thing this morning. I got the end of my fakkare caught on my seatbelt as I got out of the car and tweaked my bun all out of sorts. Bleh!

Gladtobemom
March 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I've actually broken a couple of hair ornaments that way!

Yep, I don't like it at all. Mostly it just makes me feel dumb because I didn't pay attention.

My kids call my hair sticks, "Mom's Antennae"

Neon Gloss
March 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Mhmm, that's a real pain, especially when you have to redo it! ;(

You've gotta love the times when absolute nightmares happen, though. Heh, as for me, I'm in high school, and I'm the teacher for my 3rd period dance class (don't even ask how that works). We weren't expected to dance one day when the stage was being used, so for once, I did a nice updo. Suddenly, the stage became available, and we HAD to dance, and of course, I HAD to teach. My hair wouldn't cooperate for 4th period at all.

Never again..

thetokenlady
March 13th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Oh man, I feel your pain! I actually bent the pin on one of my Longlocks sticks hitting it on my car! Thank goodness they're pretty sturdy and I was able to bend it back. I hit forks and stuff all the time because my car is so low (I drive a Camaro) and then have to comb and redo the updo.

FrannyG
March 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Oh, I used to have that happen all the time when I was new to wearing hair sticks. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. :) Yes, I hate when that happens!

eccentricquirks
March 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I had that happen on the way to an interview - after I had put my hair up with two "Good Days" combs and had a nice french roll going that looked great......got into my car and the danged thing got knocked out of place.....had to wear hair down rest of day. Was not happy.

That's why I'm making my own low profile forks....LOL.

lynnala
March 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
So glad I'm not the only one! I always feel so stupid when I do it!

Stagecoach
March 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Aarrgggg, yes, this bugs the life outa me!

Iylivarae
March 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I only got caught in my dentist's chair with my braid, once... That was quite embarassing, I just couldn't get off that chair anymore :o

AJoifulNoise
March 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
This happens to me all the time in the car. Especially when I'm rushing to get to church on time (I have to pick a couple people up on the way). Or, when I get to church someone hugs me just right and knocks my stick outta whack! Arg!

That's why I usually wear a cinnabun with clippies. A very hard 'do to knock.

Teacherbear
March 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, I DO hate that! That is one reason I don't wear my beautiful hair sticks very often. I ALWAYS seem to remove a chunk of hair and/or scalp by getting in and out of the car. :( I don't seem to have so many problems with forks, though.

Anje
March 13th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Uggh, yep. Had the top of my french twist hop out of the 'do and flop over on me today within minutes of getting in the car. So it ended up being a bun day after all.

hrimfaxi
March 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I hate that. It's only happened a couple of times, but it sucks a lot.

sweetkandi
March 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM
when my hair was longer, I did this a lot! lol So irritating, cuz then i have to re-do it, and it might not even turn out as nice!

lynnala
March 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
This happens to me all the time in the car. Especially when I'm rushing to get to church on time (I have to pick a couple people up on the way). Or, when I get to church someone hugs me just right and knocks my stick outta whack! Oh yeah, that one! The friendly "just-rip-my-hair-out-by-the-roots-thank-you" love hug!

eadwine
March 13th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Whahaha I SO recognize all this :lol:

AlleyKitten
March 13th, 2008, 07:34 PM
This happens to me all the time! It hurts, too, because usually if my updo is solid, it's pretty tight, so whacking the stick on something gives me a big yank at the roots. The other problem I have is when I'm putting my coat on, reach one arm around behind my head, and bonk the stick. I tend to feel pretty stupid then, because it happens all the time, and you'd think I'd have figured it out by now...

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
I hate when people used to ask me why I wear my hair up and why is my hair v shaped.

melusine963
September 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I hate when people used to ask me why I wear my hair up and why is my hair v shaped.

jacqueline101, is there a reason you keep bumping ancient threads? Right now it's 2008, but a few months ago you were on a 2011 bend.

TiaKitty
September 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
She won't answer. I've asked before. I don't think she comes back to follow up.

melusine963
September 23rd, 2013, 11:04 AM

This really irritates me. She's burying threads that are current to post inane comments that have nothing to do with the original posts.

Liz_park
September 23rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
This really irritates me. She's burying threads that are current to post inane comments that have nothing to do with the original posts.

It is a little curious, but maybe there is a good reason why she's doing it? Maybe her browser clicked to a super old page by accident and she hasn't looked at the date?

I wonder if she's feeling a bit lonely?

It doesn't make sense just to post to up one's numbers when one has over 5000 posts. I can understand your frustration, but I think there must be another explanation.

TheVegan6
September 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Oh gosh, I hate it when that happens! I almost broke my favorite hair clip while in the car! I pity you.

lapushka
September 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
jacqueline101, is there a reason you keep bumping ancient threads? Right now it's 2008, but a few months ago you were on a 2011 bend.

She won't answer. We have the same behavior of posting very short one sentenced-answers and not looking back on uTT. Sometimes the posts don't even make much sense as she misses pictures someone posted in the front of the thread, answers wrong to some things... the list goes on.

Not gonna lie. It is *very* annoying!

It is a little curious, but maybe there is a good reason why she's doing it? Maybe her browser clicked to a super old page by accident and she hasn't looked at the date?

It doesn't make sense just to post to up one's numbers when one has over 5000 posts. I can understand your frustration, but I think there must be another explanation.

I doubt this is by accident. I've often wondered about this very poster. I think it's odd behavior when all you do is post very short one-sentenced answers since the very beginning. And it's not just here, either!

PetuniaBlossom
September 23rd, 2013, 06:09 PM

Thanks for being kind. Wish there were more like you on here.

TiaKitty
September 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I've wondered and wondered about this. Loneliness is a possibility, but I would guess if that were the case, she'd want to actually interact with someone. I've tried replying to her, engaging in dialogue, but she never comes back to read the replies after hers, or if she does, she doesn't want to have any discussion. It is as if she's just leaving her mark. It is perplexing. The only thing I can think of is that she must equate a high post count with some sort of status. Sometimes, it is as if she hasn't read any of the post, just the title, and bases her answer on what she thinks the thread is about. It happens over and over, with so many posts being dredged up from the past... It isn't a matter of kindness at this point. Kindness and interaction have been tried... Now it is just a matter of confusion and wonder and irritation at the repetitiveness of the situation.

Bagginslover
September 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM

I am SO glad someone else feels this way, its been driving me insane!

I too wonder if she realises she's doing it though, as if its on purpose, its extremely obnoxious!

furnival
September 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I don't think there's any particular reason why the poster does what she does other than a very basic misunderstanding of how forums work.
Has anyone tried contacting her directly?

melusine963
September 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I am SO glad someone else feels this way, its been driving me insane!

I too wonder if she realises she's doing it though, as if its on purpose, its extremely obnoxious!

She seems to have stopped for now (cross fingers), but in future there's always the report button. The more people do it, the more the mods might take notice and have a quiet word with her.

melusine963
September 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I don't think there's any particular reason why the poster does what she does other than a very basic misunderstanding of how forums work.
Has anyone tried contacting her directly?

People have responded directly to her comments in threads, but she never seems to go back to read what other people have to say. I don't know if anyone has PMed her or posted a visitor message.

Bagginslover
September 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
She seems to have stopped for now (cross fingers), but in future there's always the report button. The more people do it, the more the mods might take notice and have a quiet word with her.

For today maybe, but she's been doing it for weeks, possibly longer!
I will report it from now on, I didn't realise that was an option, thank you :)

melusine963
September 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
For today maybe, but she's been doing it for weeks, possibly longer!
I will report it from now on, I didn't realise that was an option, thank you :)

There's a little black triangle with an exclamation mark at the bottom left of every post. When you mouse over it, it reads 'Report Post'. You just click and type your grievance into the box that appears. :)

furnival
September 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
People have responded directly to her comments in threads, but she never seems to go back to read what other people have to say. I don't know if anyone has PMed her or posted a visitor message.
I think it would be kinder to send her a PM or visitor message rather than reporting her. I'd offer to do it myself but I'm perhaps a little blunt for this sort of thing ;)

melusine963
September 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I think it would be kinder to send her a PM or visitor message rather than reporting her. I'd offer to do it myself but I'm perhaps a little blunt for this sort of thing ;)

I'm more worried about stepping on the mods toes. I just checked out her page, and she does address things a little in her blog post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=39455) from yesterday.

Anje
September 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm more worried about stepping on the mods toes. I just checked out her page, and she does address things a little in her blog post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=39455) from yesterday.
FYI: Reporting a post just alerts us that there's an issue, after which we tend to read the thread and make our own judgements. It doesn't automatically get a person in trouble or anything else, and it's definitely preferable to making harsh comments, PMs or other messages to the poster you're having a problem with.

Skade
September 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM
If anyone wants her to change this (it really doesnīt bother me) just send her a PM about it. Because talking here about it and saying things like that she always only writes short comments comes very close to bullying in my book. Show some understanding. We donīt know all the people behind the computers or why they write the way they do. She always writes such nice comments to others when they post their pictures. Is this what she gets in return?

Unicorn
September 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
If anyone wants her to change this (it really doesnīt bother me) just send her a PM about it. Because talking here about it and saying things like that she always only writes short comments comes very close to bullying in my book. Show some understanding. We donīt know all the people behind the computers or why they write the way they do. She always writes such nice comments to others when they post their pictures. Is this what she gets in return?

I agree strongly with Skade. The bolded (bu me) bit bothers me particularly.

On a separate note, I rather enjoy the zombie threads. Some are interesting in themselves. For others I just smile while wondering how many posts it will take to people to notice the date :) Yes I've posted on some before now, without noticing the date for some time, and no doubt will do so again at some point. Some are more worth bumping that others, but that's true of all threads regardless of age. Anyone who finds the thread interesting can post, anyone who doesn't can pass.

I can't see why people are making such a fuss. If it bothers you, don't bump it further. Simple really.

Unicorn

KittyBird
September 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM

^^^ This. I think she really just didn't notice that the threads were made a long time ago. I'm also sure I can remember her stating that she uses her phone or a tablet to access LHC, which could make it more difficult to see that the threads were really old. Annoying? Sure, it bugs me when zombie threads drown all the new and active ones, but I don't think she did it on purpose. And if it was on purpose, maybe she's struggling with some personal problems. Who knows. I think she's nice, regardless of how short her comments may be. :)

Aliped
September 24th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I get stuck, when I'm taking my messenger body bag off, over my head. It's always really embarrassing.

Oops, I didn't notice this was a zombie thread, until I read all the forum etiquette comments. I really don't mind old threads, but discussing another member like this does make me uncomfortable.

Bagginslover
September 25th, 2013, 07:09 AM
^^^ This. I think she really just didn't notice that the threads were made a long time ago. I'm also sure I can remember her stating that she uses her phone or a tablet to access LHC, which could make it more difficult to see that the threads were really old. Annoying? Sure, it bugs me when zombie threads drown all the new and active ones, but I don't think she did it on purpose. And if it was on purpose, maybe she's struggling with some personal problems. Who knows. I think she's nice, regardless of how short her comments may be. :)
I almost exclusively use my phone here, its just a simple to see the posting date on it as it is on a PC.