PDA

View Full Version : How long has it been since you've blow-dried your hair?

kellinaturalmom
August 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone! I just blow-dried and straightened my hair today, my birthday, for the first time in at least 6 months which is awesome for me seeing as I used to do it everyday. The thing is though is that I don't like it. I am so used to having it curly that now I hate it straight! So how long has it been for you guys?

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/kellinaturalmommy/hairdo/020.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/kellinaturalmommy/hairdo/024.jpg

vintage88
August 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Congratulations for lasting 6 months! It's been about 5 weeks for me which i'm proud of as I used to dry and straighten a lot. Your hair looks lovely :) I can't imagine straightening or blowdrying again as my hair is in much better condition.

Alvrodul
August 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
For me it has been at least a couple of years, but quite honestly, I don't miss it! I did not much like how my hair felt after blowfrying it, especially once it got some length. :)

gthlvrmx
August 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
Blow dry? Well when i got my final cut in January the salon lady blowdried it a bit, if that counts. If i ever go back it's not happening again.
Last time I blowdried my hair was....4th grade for fun?

Mairéad
August 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
The last time I blow dried my hair must have been nearly 4 years ago. Even while I was dying the crap out of it and shampooing it non-stop I could never get turned on to heat styling and product.

Elysium
August 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
I think it was around Christmas last time I had my hair blowdried, can't say I enjoyed it either! :p

bluesnowflake
August 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hmm.. I can't remember the last time I blowdried it. Probably in 5th grade, which means it was about 4 years ago. I do pretty well without because I shower at night and then it's at least mostly dry when I wake up.

elbow chic
August 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
About two weeks ago. I blow-dried it for my anniversary, but it wound up looking worse than if I'd just let it air-dry that morning.

Maybe because I set it on low and didn't get enough heat to blast the hair into submission. Back in the day, I used to set it on high and the hair'd be almost too hot to touch! :eek:

Before that, though, it had been about a year.

whitestiletto
August 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I used to blow dry my hair in highschool (10 years ago).

Last year I blew dry my hair 2-3 times because my doctor told me I had ringworm and the heat would help kill it (I didn't have ringworm, turns out).

Madora
August 1st, 2011, 03:41 PM
41 years ago. Someone gave my mom a hair dryer and I tried it...just once. Not my cuppa tea!

christine1989
August 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
I straightened my hair for college graduation a few months back but I haven't blow dried it since 7th grade- that's 9 years! :D

chopandchange
August 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM
I still blowdry my roots sometimes, (if it's very cold or I'm about to go to bed). But I don't blowdry the length.

RitaCeleste
August 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
About 4 months ago.

ellen732
August 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
I have to say probably over 20 years ago.

pittsburgpam
August 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM
The last time for me was Mother's Day this year. The time before that was in November for my son's graduation.

Twice a year is about right. :)

Roseate
August 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
About 8 months ago, I had it salon blowdried and straightened after a trim. It was fun for a change, but I can't believe I used to go to all the trouble to do it myself every week! My current method is about a billion times easier.

I stopped blowdrying/straightening regularly around the time I joined LHC, since then I usually do it a couple times a year. Now that I have bangs, I do dry them every time I wash, though. Otherwise they are a very funny little ball of curls!

kdaniels8811
August 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Years! I stopped when I realized the damage it was causing. Joined here ... ummm 2006? So about 5 years.

princessp
August 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
I've never done it at home, but hairdressers tend to dry that way. So that would be about 3 years ago when I got my last professional trim.

SC
August 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Few weeks ago, my thought was to style it somehow differently, and before that I blow-dried my hair 6 months ago.

slo2gro
August 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
omg i think its been about a year or so since i used the blow dyer or straightener

MonaLisa
August 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM
around 4 months :O im proud and i dont miss it!
Only thing that's been bugging me is...that i have a wish to flat iron..just to see it all straight!

Mesmerise
August 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
I've never been much for the hair dryer, to be honest. I used to blow dry the hair at the front to get it to sit right, but never bothered doing my whole head, because despite my relatively thin/fine hair, it takes ages to dry (a hairdresser also commented on this once... she ended up frying my hair because she put it too hot and close to my head as it was taking soooo long to dry).

The only heat I really used to use was the straightener!

It has been just over 6 months since my last straightening (go me!) and a bit longer since a hair dryer touched it :D.

Yozhik
August 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
I never blowdried my hair except for when I got my hair cut at salons or perhaps 3 times in my life at home (each time it turned out horribly puffy and I resolved never to do it again). :)

However, I used to straighten my hair everyday my senior year of high school, which was 6 years ago.

Kathie
August 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Five months ago... it wasn't me! It was the hairdresser :P

jacqueline101
August 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Its been 7 months for me.

islandboo
August 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
If you count salon blowdry after styling, it's been about 8 years. As far as doing it myself, that would be about 20 years ago in college so I didn't have wet hair at the bus stop in winter. Airdrying is less work than blowdrying and I am lazy.

EmiliaF
August 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I last blowdried on New Year's Eve. I had oiled my ends the night before and realized at the last minute that I won't be able to wear my hair down because it was still too oily. So I washed again and then had to blowdry. It was an emergency-situation :justy:

BlazingHeart
August 1st, 2011, 04:48 PM
I let my stylist blow it out when she cuts it, so last May for that. For me doing it to myself, um...I may have done it once during the winter of my first year of law school, so 3 1/2 years I guess?

Rustella
August 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
5 days, and that is a long time for me. I have a problem, I know. I don't fry it or do it until it is completely dry. I just don't like how it looks air-dried. I am trying though, and will only do bangs (since I am keeping my bangs anyway).

Pray for me. My name is Rustella and I am a blo-dry-aholic. :oops:

RitaCeleste
August 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM
I just forget I own a blow drier. I do sometimes use it after coloring or a treatment when I need to see how my hair looks dry. I'd say the amounts of time between blowfrying in this thread are somewhat odd compared to what most people do.

MissManda
August 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Well, let me see...

The last time I had my hair blowdried was the last time I visited a salon about two and a half years ago. I have never owned a blowdryer, nor do I even know how to use one to dry my entire head of hair. :p

I don't mind my hair being blowdried when I go to the salon since I never do it myself.

Cowgirl16
August 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hmmm; probably about 7 years ago?? It made my hair sleek and I liked that, but I don't miss it; I've learned to embrace my waves :D

Diesel Tech
August 1st, 2011, 05:21 PM
I've never used a blow drier, but then again I'm a guy, and don't have much idea how to either. My own ignorance has damaged my hair, so I don't plan on learning how to use one.

AlexiaBlue
August 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Well, I gave it up cold-turkey once I discovered this forum in June of this year. I went from blow-frying a couple of times a week to none at all.

Sadly, I *did* fall off the wagon about a week or so ago. :o My DH and I were out of town and I washed my hair before dinner. It was taking FOREVER to dry, so I had to blast it with hot air so we could get out the door at a decent hour. So, technically that is the last time. No more! :D

Toiréasa
August 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM
I last blowdried in January when it was cold and my hair was to wet to go out,I should have wash at night but got lazy.

Avital88
August 1st, 2011, 05:46 PM
uuhm that was last thursday.. that also was the last day i washed it... hmm i really could use a nice shampoo at the moment,, go to sleep now and tomorrow morning it will be the first thing.

luthein
August 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
About 2 amazing years.

Mamakash
August 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Usually every time I wash, two hours in . . . I can't stand having my hair damp for hours, it drives me crazy. LHC has convinced me to try the cool setting more of the time. I have never found a blow dryer to be damaging if used on damp hair. I've done it for years, and I've had lots of long and short hair for the past 20 years. In fact, I still have my Conair Curl Dazzler defuser from 1990! It still works and my mom uses it occasionally on her curly hair. It's hardly ever warm enough here to completely air dry. I don't feel guilty about my hair drying habits!:D

aliceinmadness
August 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
Uuummm...a week and a half? Every now and then I'll get this HUGE itch because I just cannot and never have been able to give myself a "blowout" ...I want to be able to do it on principle, and every now and then I'll succumb to the urge to try and inevitably regret it later.

I'll use it on cool pretty frequently though to dry my nape.

embee
August 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Decades, but I don't know how many. Do I still even *have* a blowdryer? Never had a straightener, hair grows that way by itself.

neko_kawaii
August 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Once, this winter when the temps were below freezing for a week and it was just too cold to let it dry in its own time. Before that, in the order of years. I think I bought the blow dryer to dry the cat when she was a newly adopted stray, had fleas and got regular flea baths.

I spent a week in Iowa one winter and went to the gym with friends and between the gym and the car in the garage my wet hair froze. So, how to people in truly cold climates manage not to blowdry?

wvgemini
August 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
This morning. I have been out of town for the past few days and the hotel had really hard water. So today I wanted my hair to be all nice and sleek.

Speckla
August 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
four years

archel
August 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM
I think I've blowed it dry less than 5 times all year. The last time was when I had my first show with my band and I crimped it afterward. My hair looked amazing, but I paid for that for DAYS while I hot oiled it back to life. I will not be doing that for every show. (Repeat this to myself over and over). It will get harder this winter, so I will just try to wear very warm jammies and slippers and sit in front of my space heater while I air dry.

archel
August 1st, 2011, 08:43 PM
And OMG your cat let you blow dry it?!? My cat thinks the blow dryer is a cat killer and gets so freaked out and scared that I think that is yet another reason I never use it anymore. (Yes, my Bella is spoiled.) I seriously think I'd die from blood loss if I tried to blow dry her.

Keller1128
August 1st, 2011, 08:43 PM
My last time was late June for my friend's wedding. I had just found LHC around that time so hadn't really started taking good care of my hair yet.

Coan-Teen
August 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Haha. My last time was this morning. I pretty much blow dry whenever I feel like it. Usually when I wear my hair down.

Poppy Seed
August 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
10 years, maybe a bit over.

Basically, once I started growing out of the bob, that was it. I couldn't be bothered any more!

Melon Collie
August 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM
I spent a week in Iowa one winter and went to the gym with friends and between the gym and the car in the garage my wet hair froze. So, how to people in truly cold climates manage not to blowdry?

Wash the night before and patiently wait for it to dry. :) I've also found that washing the night before and after a good sleep my hair tends to tame down a bit without having to use any products to keep the static-y flyaways in check.

foogrrl
August 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM
The last time it was blown dry was at the salon when I had it cut, just over a week ago.

The last time I actually used a dryer on it that I can remember? That would be when I was in college, when I was in a rush to get out the door, about seventeen years ago. It feels like forever ago now...

I never was one to use a dryer often.

luxepiggy
August 1st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Erm . . . last Friday (^(oo)^)

Ermine
August 1st, 2011, 11:31 PM
This morning. That being said, it's on the cool setting and I only blowdry it until it's damp. At this point, my hair is so short that it has to be blow-dried or it looks terrible. At least it's short enough that it doesn't tangle much. But once I have shoulder length hair, I think I'll try air drying again.

pink.sara
August 2nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
About a week ago. Although come winter I'll be back to most days. People say to be patient and let it airdry, but there isn't enough time in the day for that to happen! If I stand on a bus stop with wet hair In the morning it or I will freeze. And it takes 4+ hours to dry naturally so even if I got home and washed straight away I would still have wet hair for bed which keeps me awake all night and looks greasy again by morning.
I love my hairdryer. <3

WaterMusic
August 2nd, 2011, 12:32 AM
Probably December, when I last got my hair cut at a salon. Before that... I can't remember when my last hair cut was, maybe the November before that?

Jeno86
August 2nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
I think it's been at least 6 or 7 years.

Ligeia_13
August 2nd, 2011, 05:48 AM
2 years? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Tuna
August 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
Huh... years. 6,7 years... =)

Jing
August 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
Four hours. Air-drying gives me permanent beach hair.

Sweet Beat
August 2nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
About a week ago or more I think. Cool settings :)

IanB
August 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
Well, it must be about 30 years ago!

georgia_peach
August 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
This morning. That being said, it's on the cool setting and I only blowdry it until it's damp. At this point, my hair is so short that it has to be blow-dried or it looks terrible. At least it's short enough that it doesn't tangle much. But once I have shoulder length hair, I think I'll try air drying again.

I understand. I finally stopped blowdrying about 2 months ago once my hair got to the top of my collar. It's really hard to just let our hair type air dry when it's super short.

Unzadi
August 2nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Honestly don't remember, but probably the last time I was in a salon, so five-ish years is my best guesstimate.

Raiscake
August 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
I used to blowdry/flat iron/curl my hair everyday in college. I haven't blowdried my hair in about 2 months now, but I did flat iron my hair a few days ago. It was my birthday too!

mira-chan
August 2nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
Whole life? :D Never used one and don't own one.

CurlyMopTop
August 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
In the last 2 years I've blow fryed my hair maybe 10 times. Usually in the wintertime on days that my daughter had dance competitions, usually out of town ones. Long rides in 0 degree weather and wet hair do not mix well! :)

Khiwanean
August 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
I blowdried mine in May so it would be dry for my passport picture. I can't even remember the last time I blowdried it before that though. I've never been one to fuss around much with blowdriers.

kellinaturalmom
August 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
WOW! I am surprised that so many of you have gone soooo long without blow-drying! That's awesome!
Last night when my husband got home from work he told me my "haircut" looked great. I told him it wasn't a haircut, I just straightened it, and he said he thought I cut it because it looked THINNER! Another reason not to wear it straight. Won't be straightening again for a long, long time.... maybe forever!

kellinaturalmom
August 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Congratulations for lasting 6 months! It's been about 5 weeks for me which i'm proud of as I used to dry and straighten a lot. Your hair looks lovely :) I can't imagine straightening or blowdrying again as my hair is in much better condition.

Thank you!:)

Rosetta
August 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
I've never been one to fuss around much with blowdriers.
Same here :) I never blow-dried regularly, I think my hair's been blow-dried maybe 4-5 times in my whole life, and most of those have been by a hairdresser; the last time was maybe 8-9 years ago, at my last visit to hairdresser's :)

(And I can't even take credit of the "achievement" of having gone so long without blow-drying, as I've never liked it, it's never improved the look of may hair IMO, on the contrary :) So for my part, I'm puzzled why so many are "addicted" to it...)

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hmmm...I wanna say 2 months? And I'm very proud, but unfortunately my mother keeps telling me I "must" blowdry it.

I don't know what her problem is, it's like she tells me to do stuff so it's the exact opposite of what I've learned here. She wants to take me to get my haircut and I just know she's gonna force me to have the hairdresser blowfry my hair.

Corvus
August 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Yesterday! :eyebrows:

janiejones
August 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
I know I've blow-dried my hair once this year. I had to go to a dinner banquet, didn't plan for hair-drying time, and couldn't really go all soppy wet. I did not like how my hair felt/looked at all (DBF agreed) and was actually self-conscious about the little frizzy bits drying it created. However, my mom thought my hair looked wonderful? At least she was happy.

freckles
August 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I blow-dried my hair just last week (Monday I think) because I didn't give it enough time to air dry before a job interview. I never considered myself addicted to a blowdryer, but I think I've given up on completely giving up. I blowdry semi regularly still (probably averages out a couple of times a month, less in summer, more in winter).

Busybee
August 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I had gone 1 month!

But went to get my roots/dye job done, and of course my stylist needs to "cone" S&C my hair, and then blow dry.

ARRRRGGGHH :taz:It looks AWEOSOME, silky and soft.

Why can't I achieve these results without blowfying and cone products???

AceOfCurls
August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
The last time was in December because it was winter and cold, so about 9 months.

KittyLost
August 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
I had to do it once in january quickly and hated it. The hairdresser did it once at the start of april and I still hated it. I haven't done it for so long I just don't like my hair straight anymore whivh is so weird because for years I never left the house unless it was super sleek and straight. I just find it flat now if I did it.

nobeltonya
August 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I might have tried it once, a long time ago.. before I had long hair, and even knew what to do with it. I've briefly considered it when it's cold outside, and I'm in a hotel or somewhere that has one.. but I don't own one, nor do I intend to. I've started drying it loose, at least half-way [like an hour]. Then, I put it up into some kind of 'do.. generally a bun or figure-8 [only lately, as I've figured out how to do them proficiently]. Today, I made a decent french slide/twist, so it's still up. Still learning how to use my hair sticks. :) Need to invest in some good ones, along with other toys [ficcare, flexi-8, etc]. *sighs* One day...

kellinaturalmom
August 2nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hmmm...I wanna say 2 months? And I'm very proud, but unfortunately my mother keeps telling me I "must" blowdry it.

I don't know what her problem is, it's like she tells me to do stuff so it's the exact opposite of what I've learned here. She wants to take me to get my haircut and I just know she's gonna force me to have the hairdresser blowfry my hair.

I know what you mean. My mom totally means well but she dyes her hair once a month with commercial dye and blow dries every time she washes and does not understand that some people (me) want to do things differently. She thinks all this natural stuff is pointless.
I don't think she can force you to have your hair blow-dried, can she? I've found the best way to deal with people that don't like or understand your ideas about hair is to just not talk to her about it. Don't scream "NO I will NOT blow-fry my hair because it is very damaging!!!" and then list everything else you won't do. Just calmly say no and change the subject. Don't tell her about what you are doing with your hair or the ideas you have gotten from LHC. Good luck!

Ardellis
August 2nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
It's been probably about 5 months for me. I never blow dry when the weather's warm enough, but that 20 minute walk to the train station can be brutal in winter if my hair's wet, so if the temperature is significantly below freezing I use the bowfryer to get at least the roots most of the way to dry. It probably works out to once a week or so between early December and late February.

AshleyTheRed
August 2nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
About seven months or so. I was in a play and it was raining outside. I had to blow dry it, so I could put it up and get ready!

kouran
August 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
3 or 4 years really, but just because I was too lazy. :)

Macaroni
August 2nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
In the winter I air dry to 85% then use a blowdryer on low cool to finish. I bend at the waist and blowdry to give it volume.

In the summer, I air dry in front of my desk fan and then bend over and finish with the fan.

Alias
August 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
I did it on July 1st. Like a month ago.

Cupofmilk
August 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
I think I last used a hair dryer in 2002.

mrs_coffee
August 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
About 15 hours.

BlazingHeart
August 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
It occurred to me that around here, people will actually be amused by what my blowdryer gets used for, instead of looking at me like I've just grown horns.

I'm a crafter, and among other things, I make candles with things in them. I use the blowdryer to melt off the outer layers of wax to make the things inside more visible. My blowdryer actually lives in my candlemaking things, because it never gets used on my hair.

~Blaze

Mirsha
August 3rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
Yesterday.

I actually started using my blow-dryer after reading on LHC how to use them. Low heat, away from the hair, not totally dry.. because sometimes without a blow-dryer my hair will be wet for 24 hours straight. Usually when I go swimming while stretching washes.

Liss
August 3rd, 2011, 03:33 AM
This morning! Haha, I think I'm one of the odd ones out.
I don't like to go to work with wet hair and since I wash it every morning, I tend to blow dry it every morning.

tigereye
August 3rd, 2011, 04:23 AM
My hair stylist at the salon uses the hairdryer on the cold setting, because I refuse to have the heat blasted at my hair. Personally I have only blow-dried my hair twice myself. I get fed up, because it even takes the hair stylist about 20 min to dry my mass of hair, never mind myself. Last time I used it must have been about 5 years ago(it wasn't even my own one), and my mum hasn't used one in about 10. My brother had the GF over not that long ago, and asked if she could borrow our hairdryer. Needless to say they never found it.:p

slz
August 3rd, 2011, 06:00 AM
15 years ago or something like that. Then the blow dryer (with a fun duck head shape) was permanently moved to the dog stuff area, then I lost it during a moving.

NotInPortland
August 3rd, 2011, 06:03 AM
About a month ago. Before that a couple of months. Sometimes if I'm in a big rush to go somewhere and my hair is still really wet I'll give it a helping hand along with the hair dryer. I use it so little I don't see the harm in a quick 3 or 4 minute hair dryer session on a cool setting every once in a while. I just use it to get the "heavy" wetness off so to speak, I never fully dry my hair with it.

inertia
August 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Last night. Stretching washes doesn't work for me and I don't want to spend half my life with damp hair, so I blow dry nearly every time. I'm not planning to grow my hair much beyond its current length (and just cut it back from classic a couple of weeks ago) so I don't care if accumulated damage means I won't be able to get it super-long.

Nae
August 3rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
I think last winter, when it was absolutely freezing outside. I hit it with the cool setting for a couple of minutes so that I wouldn't have hair that was frozen solid when I went out. (But that might have been the winter before.....I lose track.)

Crysta
August 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
It's been a few months - i work out a lot so my hair gets super sweaty so I have to wash it before I go out most times, and usually that means with a half an hour to go - I blow dry it until it's damp then leave it - I don't want to risk completely drying it out.

I think the last time ay have been about a month ago.

NativeGirl
August 3rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
I blowed dried it on Monday...the first time since Christmas '09. I hateblow drying my hair. My arms get tired...and my hair doesn't look as pretty when I'm done.

AlannaMaria
August 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
The last time I blow-dried my hair was when my stylist did it...so...several weeks ago. Before that, it had been a couple of months. But now my parents want me to blow-dry/flatiron "my beautiful long hair" (not that long : P) for some family reunion. Ugh. Definitely trying this wrapping technique out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-4TDEuUCM

My hair finally has no splits, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Jezerellica
August 3rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
January 2010. My last professional hilight and all that damaging stuff. Gotta say, I don't miss it at all!!

Quahatundightu
August 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
About 6 months ago when I went swimming in the winter, I didn't dry it all the way though!!

The last time I dried it completely would be 10 years or so I guess? I am thinking of getting a diffuser to help set my curls now :)

Lollipop
August 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Over a year ago, but less than two. I hate it so much!!!!!!! It takes a long time, it makes my arm hurt, it makes my hair frizzy, it turns my hair into some curl-less amorphous cloud, it's damaging, and to top it off it makes my face and scalp sweat, so by the time I finish I feel dirtier than before I showered:mad:.

loveandwaves
August 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Eight to ten months ago.

My hair is in such great shape as of late, ever since I've discovered the beauty of CWC and coconut oil! I can now make my hair look like it has been blow dried straight, despite my natural hair texture being a little wavy.

What I do is I run my tangle teaser through my hair, right after I wash it. Afterwards, I just let it air dry, and run my tangle teaser/comb through it every 10 minutes or so. When it is 80% dry, I put a little bit of coconut oil in there and on my ends. I keep brushing/combing it straight every 10 minutes thereafter until it is all dry.

If I do this, it comes out looking exactly as it did when I use to blow dry it straight! My friends don't believe me when I tell them I don't use a straightening iron/blow dryer, hehe. :cheese:

- Love&Waves

HeatherJenae
August 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Yesterday! :)

Jenw777
August 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ummmmm, perhaps 6 years ago? I've only blow dried a handfulof times in my entire life. My mom was really low maintenence and never really bothered so I didn't "primp" much.

oddbeat
August 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM
About three weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out how to airdry it and still get the perfectly smooth and straight look that I used to with blowdrying. Guess there's a bit of a learning curve to it.

I've been going outside and drying it that way now. I have no idea what I'm going to do once winter rolls around. I really don't think having icicles hanging from hair would be very beneficial.

xoerincolleen
August 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Last week, haha. But before then it was almost 3 months!

clairenewcastle
August 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I gave up blow drying my hair when I was 15, I'm now 45.

ladonna
August 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
In February when I had a "professional" haircut. I have wavy hair that looks more like frizz and all these short hairs from when I had my one year old, for some reason I get bald spot's after having a baby. So if I blowdry I turn into a giant puff ball.

wishywashy
August 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I used it yesterday. On the cool setting.

sun-kissed
August 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I haven't used heat in I-don't-know-how-long, I never really liked the feeling of it in my hair. And I'm not sure, but I think it was the end of May when I last cool-dried my hair for my graduation.

Shoga
August 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I think in March when I got my hair cut last. I havn't used a blow dryer myself since last August. =)

marioma
November 6th, 2011, 03:10 PM
it's been 3 months , it's still a challenge for me ! the growing hair is curly and the rest of my hair is straight and damaged

Feng-Shui
November 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM
More than ten years.:)

Amber_Maiden
November 6th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Well, I had it blow dried at the salon when I got my hair cut, even though I didn't want it. The girl doing it was so bad, I must have told her 5 times she was getting too close and burning my scalp! AGH!

cobden 28
November 6th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I don't posess a hair-dryer or anything like that; it must be years since I last used a hair-dryer! When I go to the hairdresser to have my split ends trimmed (twice yearly) I usually just ask for a wet-cut, where my hair is thoroughly towel-dried and then left to dry naturally.

The last time I had my hair trimmed, back in April-May time this year I think, I did have it blow-dried and the hairdresser commented on how unusual it was to see a woman with hair down to her waist nowadays. I have to admit I felt very proud that day when I walked out of the salon with my nice clean & shiny hair flowing down my back!

IanB
November 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, it must be about 40 uears ago for mr too!

<3OnHerSleeve
November 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I haven't blowdried in over a year, and the last time I straightened my hair was about 6 weeks ago

Shuan
November 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I guess it's about three years by now, it was after I got a haircut at the barber.

einna
November 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I usually only got my hair blowdried at salons, because it gives me big hair and I am lazy. So 11 months ago, at the salon, right after I joined LHC. I wanted to skip it, but it was december and freezing outside, so I let the hairdresser do it. She was very rough on my hair , pulling out several strands from my scalp, and I actually had to tell her it hurt. This was an organic salon I was soo happy to have found, but I did not feel they were very sincere, so I was dissapointed. Been cutting my own hair since that.
Just to clarify: I dont hate salons in general, they just have a different view on hair than me, and I feel very empowered beeing able to have the control selftrimming offers.

sarahramen
November 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM
almost 2 years exactly...:cheese: i really dont miss it, it took so long and i only ended up with triangle hair anyways

Keller1128
November 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I got my hair cut and blowdried about a week ago, but hadn't blowdried it myself since July 25th (my friend's wedding). Before that, I used to wash and blowdry my hair every day and usually straightened it too. I miss not having strange waves in odd places, but I like that I'm not damaging my hair anymore.

blondie9912
November 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM
It's been exactly two months. I'm not a blow-dry addict, I swear :p

The last time I blowdried my hair was after dying it at home, because I was impatient to wait for it to air dry...I had to see how the colour would look RIGHT AWAY

tamchronic
November 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh goodness, now I feel guilty...it's only been a few weeks! I blowdry in winter sometimes when I need it to dry in a hurry. I generally let it air dry at least halfway, though.

It's a bad habit I really need to cut out altogether! Since joining here, I've resolved to try and eliminate blow drying entirely.

Maktub
November 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
2 times in the last 2 years (one in the spring and once this autumn), but only to get the excess water out at my roots before going out in the cold... not a total blowdrying session.

2 years also without flat ironing and 2 years of better care !

KiwiBum
November 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Not since January. ;)

Lissandria
November 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Apart from my Fringe (fringes don't count) prob not for six months.

KwaveT
November 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I thnk I have blow dryed my hair on the cool setting one time since about September. That was only on the back of my head to get it to finish drying that night.

Shermie Girl
November 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Yesterday. :D

I don't like to go out and about with wet hair so if I have to wash my hair right before I need to step out the door, I blow my roots dry, smooth my overgrown fringe and mostly dry my length before I put it up. On the rare occasion I wear it down, I like it to be very smooth and straight and will do a blowout so that it looks that way.

I *heart* my blow dryer and I don't really think that using it now and again on lower heat settings is really doing all that much harm. :)

Arashi
November 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Do bangs count? A few days ago. But as for the length of my hair... I don't even remember. The blow dryer gives my hair this fluffy, floaty, poofy look.. one that plagued my youth because my grandmother would force the hair dryer on me and my poor hair(and would burn my head each time!). Now you couldn't pay me enough to use that thing on my length, but my bangs do get dried every few days or so, on wash days.

Vanilla
November 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
7 months. My stylist blow dried my hair after she cut it.

aisha.christine
November 6th, 2011, 07:29 PM
The last time I blow-dried my hair was almost two years ago. I always hated blow-drying my hair, it made my hair incredibly fluffy. The last time I used heat on my hair (flat iron) was in May, so about six and a half months ago. I am always tempted to flat iron it so I can see my length, but I refrain and just pull it down instead.

PixxieStix
November 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hmmm.... well, during the summer I can't say I use it at all, but end up doing so every few weeks in the wintertime if I need to get out the door and my hair isn't dry yet, always on low setting though and cool. So yeah, it'll be every few weeks for the next five months or so I'm sure.

turtlelover
November 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Last night. :cheese:

SteelRose
November 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Just over a month since the last time. I am trying to reform from the heat damage! So far so good, though it takes a whole day (and sometimes longer) to dry without it.

lady_hero
November 7th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Yesterday morning. Blowdrying on warm and cool never seems to damage my hair. I hate that flat, greasy look my hair gets without blowdrying *bleah*

Bish
November 7th, 2011, 05:38 AM
One month ago at the hairdressers.

I haven't blowdried myself for 3 months... and still counting :D

celebriangel
November 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
About a month. I was going out and I had left it way too late to wash my hair and let it dry, but my hair seriously needed a wash. I thought it would be okay, you know, since my hair is much healthier now than when I used to blowdry it.

Not so. Hair felt as it always used to after blowdrying - dry, brittle, tangly, a bit poofy with lots of flyaways (curls upset that they can't curl properly), and generally unhappy. I oiled it lightly to calm it down, and it was fine, but you bet I won't be doing it again except in a dire emergency.

Before that, I hadn't blowdried in like a year.

papillion
November 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
About half an hour ago. :D

Mayflower
November 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Yesterday! I blowdry my hair everytime I wash it, it doesn't get as much volume otherwise. My hair doesn't seem to be suffering from it too much:)

Shesta
November 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I had my hair blow dried last February before I even new LHC and long hair care existed as such. :D I've never been much into blow driers.

Hairitic
November 7th, 2011, 03:40 PM
It's been at least 6 months and probably closer to a year. That being said, August of 2010, I used a chemical straightener on my hair, part of which also had permanently lightened chemical color on it. What amazes me is that despite all that abuse, I have few if any split ends, get almost no breakage and only do a dusting about 2-3 times a year. Just yesterday I received a compliment on how neat and straight my hemline is :). I attribute it to using WEN Conditioning Cleansers (no standard shampoos with SLS/SLES) and perhaps to Henna :p. I'm kind of waiting for the old straightener to get cut off so I get my curls back but I'm not really cutting till I reach Waist Length (about 3.5" to go) so probably around next May.

pepperminttea
November 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Summer 2008, I think? The last professional haircut I had.

I don't own one. :shrug:

tori93
November 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
when i got it cut and blowdried in september, blowdrying my hair just makes it frizzier. I do blowdry my fringe whenever i wash it though, does that count?

justgreen
November 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yesterday. I usually blow dry my bangs and front short pieces, framing them around my face. Then I let the rest air dry until just barely damp, add some conditioner to the length and ends and work it through, then I blow dry on low just the area from my head down to within a few inches from the hemline.

justgreen
November 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yesterday. :D

I don't like to go out and about with wet hair so if I have to wash my hair right before I need to step out the door, I blow my roots dry, smooth my overgrown fringe and mostly dry my length before I put it up. On the rare occasion I wear it down, I like it to be very smooth and straight and will do a blowout so that it looks that way.

I *heart* my blow dryer and I don't really think that using it now and again on lower heat settings is really doing all that much harm. :)

Great minds think alike.:D Just sneaking this in, I LOVE your siggy pic! Your hair has really grown (and looks damn gorgeous!) and if you think it has bad ends, you need another think!

SwordWomanRiona
November 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I always blow-dry my roots (colds and sore throats issues if I don't! :(), but it's nearly one year since I stopped getting the blowdryer near my length :cheese:. I air-dry my length now, while disentagling it with my fingers, and it's healthier because of that :)

JamieLeigh
November 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I can't even remember the last time I used a blow-fryer...but I can tell you the next time I will - Never. ;)

Diamond.Eyes
November 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
The last time I blow-dried my hair...:hmm:? That was about three years ago. I avoid heat at all costs. I only use it for special occasions. The last time I used heat on my hair was when I curled it up for a Deftones concert in June :rockerdud. Gotta have concert-worthy locks. Haha :p