PDA

View Full Version : cassia/henna=increased growth? *poll*

jojo
June 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Okay I have just read a post where one of the members (Lora i think) has got increased growth from using cassia. This has got me to thinking that cassia and henna are good for strengthening the hair, so does this equate to faster growth.

I have been trying cassia, this month and I love how it makes my hair shinier and more soft; I would be over the moon if it increased my growth.

So please vote and tell me your experiences!

TIA:blossom:

ETA- Ive only just started cassia, so I don't know if it has any effect on my growth rate as yet.

julya
June 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I haven't noticed any increased growth from using cassia, but it has made my hair really soft and shiny. It seems thicker too.

LaurelSpring
June 26th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I felt like the henna increased my growth. It seemed like I needed to do roots every other week. I dont remember that being the case with the chemical stuff. When I stopped hennaing so much due to color build up it didnt seem to be growing as fast. I dont know if the Cassia will have the same effect but I want to try.

jojo
June 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM
julya the softness and shine is what I love about the cassia!

LaurelSpring Do you think because you are aware of your roots whilst hennering that you are more aware of the growth? or do you think due to its strengthening properties it prevents damage, allowing for optimum growth?

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I think that my growth is the same as it ever was. However, I shed far less. But, the addition of henna coincided with the removal of dying my hair with ammonia/peroxide/PPD dye, so it could be that.

Islandgrrl
June 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I don't think henna and/or cassia have changed my growth rate at all. Don't I wish!!! :)

Karmal
June 26th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I have curly, fine hair. Its been years since I could grow it much past shoulder length. I don't think the henna/cassia (and I use both now) make it grow faster, but it has strengthened it so that it doesn't break off or even split at all. Its grown right around seven inches in the last year. Without the henna/cassia, those inches would have broken off and I would have never seen them. Am I making any sense here? :)

Nightshade
June 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I voted henna, though I now use a blend that's mostly cassia with some henna.

As I dyed my hair red before, I could tell that I got roots at about the same rate with henna as I did with dye. The difference for me was that the ENDS stopped breaking off like they did with dye.

ladystar
June 27th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I use henna and it stayed the same. Hmm Maybe I should henna again, might make it grow? lol I wish? Hey would cheese work?:cheese:

LadyMoon11
June 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Switching from chemical dyes to henna kept the ends of my hair from breaking off, so in that way it has improved growth, yes. :)

Feenzauber
June 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I use(d) Henna and Cassia as well and my growth stayed the same, of course.;)

Jeni
June 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I use cassia and haven't noticed any increase in growth.