PDA

View Full Version : First time, hair in the wind

sweetlidlred
June 26th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I actually have short hair compared to most people here. I have always had short hair (except when I was a little, little girl and I don't remember), shoulder length or shorter. My hair is now just past my shoulders and I was outside with my kids last night and a slight breeze blew, I realized that I have not felt the wind blow through my hair for years, it made me smile. Is anybody else growing their hair long for the first time?

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Not to rain on the parade but I think that will start to get old at some point, LOL! I'm just like "Wind! NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Belisama
June 26th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Riot Curl. The first time the wind blows through your hair, it's great. The second time, not bad. The third time you are grumbling as you pull hair from your eyelashes and mouth and are searching for a clip. But it's all an enjoyable experience. :)

Islandgrrl
June 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I read the title of this thread and my first thought was...."Noooooooooo...what a horrible tangled mess she must have!"

I'm glad you enjoyed the wind in your hair. :)

Calista
June 26th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I had short hair as a child and started to grow long around the age of sixteen. To this day I still love to feel the wind in my hair! True, it is a tangled mess afterwards, but hey, it´s my hair, and that´s what I´m growing it long for - to have some fun with it.

I´d say go ahead! :)

FlipHunny
June 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Lol I love the feeling of wind in my hair. I drive a convertible and it feels great as long as I'm not on the highway :) I think if I had longer hair, I wouldn't feel this way though :p

But the tangled mess afterwards? Yeah that's not so fun! I have to very carefully finger comb for temporary messiness relief, then once I get home it's time to CO.

Anje
June 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I love the wind in my hair -- so long as I'm facing into the wind. The moment I or the wind change directions, I'm searching for something to secure my hair so it doesn't blow/float everywhere.

My hair is fine enough to be floaty in still air, so the slightest breeze blows it every whichway.

Enjoy the wind in your hair, but pack a scarf if you're going to be in a convertible!

soprano
June 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I've had long hair for most of my life, and I still like to feel the wind blow through it. Most of the time I have it up or in a braid, but every so often (usually right after I wash it) I'll leave it down and go somewhere...

A few weeks ago, my husband and I went out to dinner. I had just washed my hair that afternoon. I put on a nice little red dress, did my makeup, put on some heels and left my hair down. We had to park about 10 blocks from the restaurant and walk. The sun was shining, it was windy, and people were staring! On the way back to the car the wind was at my back, so I just pulled all of the hair around and held it down with my left hand (I had my shoes in the other hand).

Enjoy it!

MeganS
June 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have the same conflicting emotions as other folks. I love the feeling, but I hate the mess afterward (and the hair in the mouth, eyes, nose, etc., if the wind should change direction or if, heaven help me, DH decides he wants to drive around with all the windows down).

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
It's awesome when it keeps sticking to your chapstick too.

FlipHunny
June 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
It's awesome when it keeps sticking to your chapstick too.

Oh I hate when that happens. I wear sticky lipgloss and not only does my hair stick to it, it'll drag the lipgloss across my cheeks!

HaiirPEACE
June 26th, 2008, 07:57 PM
the rain makes me hair feel amazing once it dries and i can comb it out

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I read the title of this thread and my first thought was...."Noooooooooo...what a horrible tangled mess she must have!"

Me too! I thought oh that poor girl, we've all been there! LOL!

I love the feeling too and yes I am growing out my hair for the first time. I had it perhaps to 26 or so inches a LONG time ago but never longer. I am LOVING it and learning so much about what to do with it in different situations. I also grab my hair and hold it if there is an unexpected wind. It works! :D

sweetlidlred
June 26th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all your stories, I cant wait until my hair is long enough to get tangled in the wind;).

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I have always had long hair.

paper
June 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I recently started growing my hair again after having it short for 5 yrs. Yes, it does feel great to feel my hair blowing in the wind. I just don't like combing it after. :p

GailH
June 27th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I am for the first time in about twelve years. Mine is almost shoulder legnth now.

Gail
http://crystalsandtrinkets.com

bex487
June 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I love this feeling! My hair is nearing APL, and last weekend I let my hair loose while riding on a jetskii. Yeah it was tangled-but it felt so good!