PDA

View Full Version : Scalp acting out

fashionaddict
August 1st, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hello!

I don't usually create threads and instead take adventurous search-and-you-shall-find missions on the forums until I find my answer (which I usually do) but this time I am really troubled. As the name of the thread states my scalp has been acting out lately. At first I noticed that I got a few red pimples in my hair but as weeks pass (this has been going on for about a month) I notice more and more of those. My routine has not changed significantly and since usually my scalp does not break out at all, I am concerned.

I normally CO every two to three days and SMT (about) once a week. I do a heavy oiling on my ends and keep it on overnight, washing it off in the morning. I take 1 hair, skin and nails vitamin supplement and also Ca,Zn, Mg supplements after I noticed my scalp started acting out (I heard Zn was good for that and Ca+Mg help the Zn work; they are not bad for hair and nails either:)).

I thought about trying CWC for the summer months, although generally my hair hates shampoo as it is very drying. I also thought about clarifying, although I don't get much build-up and I have never gotten such a reaction on my scalp. I have tried different conditioners and product irritation does not seem to be causing this either.
I have pondered over what could be causing this for the longest time so obviously I have about as many thoughts on this matter as a regular conspiracy theoretic would over alien abductions and free-masons taking over governments, but I would really appreciate some help. Has anyone experienced something like this? Did you find something that worked for you?:confused:

Thanks!

Sundial
August 1st, 2011, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure exactly what causes it but I'm just here to contribute a few theories:

1. Is there biotin in your hair, skin, nail supplement? Biotin is said to cause acne outbreaks and I wonder if your supplement contains some.

2. Clogged hair follicles from your current routine. Maybe CO on scalp and oiling doesn't work for you. How long have you been on C and have you always oiled your scalp? It may help to revert to your old washing method to see if it clears up and if so, it means that you need to modify your washing routine.

3. The conditioner that you are using is not suitable for you or is unsuitable for CO washing

I'm just curious though, are you only breaking out on your scalp or are there specific areas where you are breaking out?

fashionaddict
August 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
1. My supplement does contain Biotin, but I have taken it before with great success (no breakouts). I will cut it from my routine for a while and see if there is any improvement. Maybe my body does not like Biotin anymore?:confused:

2. Since my scalp is naturally quite oily and I have fine/medium hair I stay away from scalp oiling. I do oil the length of my hair, then braid and bun it, so oil does not get on my scalp. I have been COing since I joined the LHC and gotten great results. In fact, I think most of the damage was caused by harsh sulphate shampoos.

3. I have not changed my conditioner, but if cutting Biotin does not work, I will try and hunt for something new, although I must say that finding a good CO conditioner in the US was so much easier. :)

Thank you for offering your advice and knowledge!:flower: