PDA

View Full Version : First Argan Oi use

pittsburgpam
July 31st, 2011, 07:13 PM
I received the argan oil today that I ordered from Amazon! I've only used it on my ends so far but it feels wonderful! I put some on my elbows to see how that goes before trying it on my face.

My cat approves too. Curious that she is, she had to come check out what I was doing. I let her smell the oil on my fingers and she was entranced, then she started purring, then licking it. Will have to guard my hair or she'll be licking that too.

I got Slice Of Nature Virgin 100% Pure Argan Oil in the 100ml size for $28. The ingredients list is just argan oil. They also have a 50ml size with a spritzer top for $22. I got the larger size since it's twice as much for just $6 more and with Prime it's free shipping.

Need to wash my hair in the morning for work so tonight I'll do an oiling before braiding. Can't wait to see how it works!

HairFaerie
July 31st, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ohhhhh....I just got some 100% argan oil the other day and I must say I am in love!

It makes my hair so soft and shiny. I rubbed a small amount between my palms and rubbed it through my hair. It isn't heavy or greasy. It's WONDERFUL!

Three CHEESE for argan oil!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Jayce
July 31st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I love the Argon oil! It's a big help with the summer frizzies

DarleneH
July 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
I think 100 ml is a little over 3 oz.
16 oz from Camden-Grey is $29.95.

http://www.camdengrey.com/essential-oils/Raw-Material-Carrier-Oils/argan-oil.html

archel
July 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
I get it from Makeup Artist's Choice for $10 for 4 ounces. This is all I use on my face for moisturizer except in the hottest part of the summer! I love it for my hair too, but sometimes I need something more for my hair.

redwoman
July 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
I've wanted to try this for a while. Does it sink into the hair shaft the way coconut does? What does it smell like?

pittsburgpam
July 31st, 2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think it has much of a smell at all, very, very faint out of the bottle and in my hair it just has a very slight scent of "oil", if anything at all. I actually smell the conditioner from washing it last Wednesday (it's been up ever since) more than the oil.

pittsburgpam
August 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Washed my hair this morning and then put a tiny amount of oil on my hands and applied to wet hair. It's fairly dry now, have it twisted into a long curl, and it is soooooooo soft and smooth! I can very slightly smell the oil scent and it's ok.

Not sure how much is attributed to the oil or to the fact that I finally remembered to get more Pantene. I've been out for a couple of weeks and been using Garnier Fructis, which I don't like as much. I do think it is much softer than it usually is with Pantene.

kmoc123
August 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
I use argon oil on my hair and love it....haven't tried it on my skin. I would bet it would be yummy!!

MonikaHa
August 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
I loove Argan oil! I can apply quite a lot of it and my hair does not look greasy, glad you like it. Sometimes I mix it with a drop of castor oil and my ends feel great.

archel
August 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Oh heck, I meant 1 oz - that's what I get for multitasking when sleepy!

archel
August 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Oooh Monika I have a new bottle of castor oil, when the argan doesn't feel enough maybe I'll try adding 1 drop of castor (had only planned on using it on my scalp for growth).

patienceneeded
August 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
I bought mine off Amazon too, from WATTS Beauty. I love it! I use it on my arms in the winter and it keeps my excema at bay too. Wonderful stuff!

archel
August 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
By the way, I love this stuff on my combination skin. I read that it's close enough to skin's natural oils that it helps balance your sebum production so you're not over-producing oil. I actually found that it helped to stop my breakouts. Who would have thought of treating breakouts with oil???

pittsburgpam
August 1st, 2011, 09:49 PM
After making sure there wasn't a skin reaction on my elbows I tried it on my face last night before sleep and instead of moisturizer this morning. It feels pretty good, not greasy or anything.

I twisted my hair into one long curl when wet and this is after it was dry today. Very smooth and silky. :)

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/sensuouscancer/House%20Hunting/IMG_20110801.jpg

AceOfCurls
August 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM
I love Argan Oil. I also buy it from MUAC. I usually use it on my combination skin as well and it works great!