PDA

View Full Version : Rant-Summer hair!

Kristamommyx3
July 31st, 2011, 06:38 PM
I am not enjoying my hair much this Summer! The extreme heat and humidity are giving me some majorly bad hair days...lank, limp, frizzy in little patches, stringy in others. All together crappy! Ok, that feels a little better. I cannot wait for less heat and humidity! How's your Summer hair?

Sundial
July 31st, 2011, 07:09 PM
It always feels like summer all year round here so I've learnt how to deal with it :p I'm just learning to be friends with my hair now :thumbsup:

Why don't you make full use of the humidity and do SMTs whenever your hair feels blah? Then you could probably skip oiling and not have the oils weigh your hair down. How's your routine like? I know a lot of people have different routines for summers and winters :flower: you could adjust yours accordingly

QueenJoey
July 31st, 2011, 07:14 PM
My hair is constantly greasy, especially now that I'm trying to transition to WO. It's disgusting. :(

celebriangel
July 31st, 2011, 07:35 PM
You know, I hear a lot about how hot and humid it can be in the US in a lot of places. Thank god I live in britain! For me, all I need to do is put my hair up and I'm fine.

Don't get a summer frustration cut, whatever you do! You'll love your hair scarf come winter :)

pepperminttea
July 31st, 2011, 07:47 PM
You know, I hear a lot about how hot and humid it can be in the US in a lot of places. Thank god I live in britain! For me, all I need to do is put my hair up and I'm fine.

We're about to get a taste of it - we're apparently due a heatwave with high humidity this week. :shake:

rena
July 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm with you Kristamommyx3, my summer hair is BOO! Can't wait for less heat and humidity either.

Lostsoule77
July 31st, 2011, 07:53 PM
I can't stand the heat and the humidity is even worse. The heat I deal with just by putting my hair up. The humidity is hard, but when it's there you don't have any choice about it. My hair gets all frizzy and uncooperative. I still just put my hair up.
It helps when you put it up wet. I do a cool rinse before I get out of the shower. Then I put it up wet (during the winter I usually let it dry as long as I can before I put it up.) It seems to keep my head cooler. That and staying in a.c. as much as possible and being in water are all that I've found to help. I hope you find what helps you. :)

Arashi
July 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM
Oddly enough I've been having an exceeding amount of good hair days this summer despite the heat and humidity... it doesn't fare nearly as well in winter, though.

MissManda
July 31st, 2011, 08:32 PM
Oh gosh, the weather is terrible here. I hate hot weather with a passion, I tell you.
My hair gets greasier faster, but I need to be careful about how I cleanse and moisturize because I also get the straight-haired version of frizz that will not go away.

I wear my hair up in a high braid or bun whenever I possibly can because I don't like to get my hair soiled with sweat while it's covering me like a sheet. I can't even begin to understand how my DF can take the heat without a single urge to cut all of his hair off and his is the same thickness as mine, except he's coarser and wurly. If i complain that I'm hot, he'll say something like "Take your hair down! I know I can't stand to have my hair up in the summer, so I only wear it down." :bigeyes: :confused:

Well, all I've got to say to that is, "You must have insulation growing out of your head then, because wearing my hair down is torture for me." I would seriously like to know how he does it...

I must second the SMT for summertime! I did an SMT the day before yesterday and my hair has been more well-behaved. I'm getting ready to mix myself up another batch of it, actually. :D

archel
July 31st, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm having hot summer hair h*ll too...

.Amanaka.
July 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
If I leave my hair down, it gets EVERYWHERE and it seems like all the moisture is sucked out of it. I have been keeping it wet, doused with conditioner, and up all of the time. Unless I am doing photo romps with my friend, but everyone has their vices.

Kristamommyx3
July 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
I live five minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, in the Tampa Bay area, and though we have humidity and heat most of the year, too, this year is especially crazy. I coach cheerleading in the evenings, and some times it feels like we're breathing under water. I use a sls free shampoo, and swap between a protein treatment and a prewash hot oil treatment as needed. The problem is, it's sooo off the charts outside, my hair feels so crazy I don't even know what it needs? How can I tell when it always feels waterlogged even when dry? Lol. :D

It always feels like summer all year round here so I've learnt how to deal with it :p I'm just learning to be friends with my hair now :thumbsup:

Why don't you make full use of the humidity and do SMTs whenever your hair feels blah? Then you could probably skip oiling and not have the oils weigh your hair down. How's your routine like? I know a lot of people have different routines for summers and winters :flower: you could adjust yours accordingly

Kristamommyx3
July 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Well, now there's the answer...you hogged all of the good hair days from the rest of us!!! :p

Oddly enough I've been having an exceeding amount of good hair days this summer despite the heat and humidity... it doesn't fare nearly as well in winter, though.

Kristamommyx3
July 31st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Oh, if only that was the answer, like we always think it is! That, I remember clearly, only leads to shorter crappy Summer hair. Hehe. ;)

Don't get a summer frustration cut, whatever you do! You'll love your hair scarf come winter :)

ancientriver
July 31st, 2011, 09:18 PM
I actually like the summer heat and humitiy; it does wonders for my curls (and stops me from using my flat iron, which I'm sure helps too).

xoerincolleen
July 31st, 2011, 09:32 PM
I've been braiding my hair a lot. Usually a messy side braid or a french braid into a bun. Sometimes I take it out and it looks awesome, sometimes I take it out and it goes *poof* and looks horrendous. Humidity sucks.