PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a crisis (for me anyway!)

pinksquiff
July 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have not posted in ages and I think that the neglect is beginning to show in my hair. I am just touching tailbone four years after making the decision to grow and do have regular trims. However in the last couple of weeks then ends of my hair have turned to straw! The bottom three to four inches are really dry and no amount of conditioner/intensive treatment seems to sort them out.

I have been using cassia for about a year now and love the effect on my hair. My last treatment was about 3.5 months ago (normally done every 6 to 8 weeks) and I have not had a chance to do the treatment again until this coming week.

Can anybody advise, is the dryness down to the lack of regular cassia or is it due to washing a bit more often in the last few weeks due to hot weather? Will I ever get the moisture back or will I have to get rid of the three to four straw inches and go back to hip? :(

Any help greatly appreaciated. Many thanks! :D

spidermom
July 31st, 2011, 04:29 PM
I don't know about your ends, of course, but for me - there comes a time when there's just no saving them. I had 7 inches cut off this past March because they were dried out and stuck together like Velcro and went snap! crackle! pop! every time I combed them no matter what I did to try to improve them.

I don't find losing length to be very traumatic, though. I'd rather have smooth, silky, shorter ends than hang onto dried ends that I have to fight every day.

rhosyn_du
July 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Have you clarified recently? I've found that when my ends start feeling dry beyond repair, clarifying usually fixes them right up. And when it doesn't, that's when I know I need to trim.

Macaroni
July 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
I don't know about your ends, of course, but for me - there comes a time when there's just no saving them. I had 7 inches cut off this past March because they were dried out and stuck together like Velcro and went snap! crackle! pop! every time I combed them no matter what I did to try to improve them.

I don't find losing length to be very traumatic, though. I'd rather have smooth, silky, shorter ends than hang onto dried ends that I have to fight every day.

Your post prompted me to do my semi-annual self trim, thank you.