PDA

View Full Version : desperately unhappy :(

MOOBUG
July 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM
I went to have my layers tidied up yesterday as i was starting to look like a shaggy dog. Enjoyed being at the hair dressers. The girl was really friendly and we chatted away the whole time. I was very careful about quizing her regarding her experience and training and i was very specific about wanting 2cm or less off the length and a tidy up of the layers.

Well, Iv gone from bra strap to just past shoulders and my layers are blunt cut and almost the same length as, well, the length.

Unhappy with it :( I will have to have it cut again just to clean up the blunt cut mess.

although, having said that, i have just taken a picture and its not as horrible as i thought from the back, but its WAAAy too short and the layers are very choppy. they dont blend well at all. I feel like iv lost a part of my identity. Is that ridiculous?

And that this is why i dont trust hair dressers!

MomOf2Gremlins
July 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Oh no!!! (((Hugs))) I'm so sorry! :(
It seems so hard to finding a hairdresser who a) knows what they're doing and b) listen and really only trim and don't chop off a lot!.. [I think if I haven't gone to hairdressers the past few years while planning on letting my hair grow long, I'd have much longer hair by now!..]

I hope you'll find someone trustworthy to 'fix' this and then speedy growth for your hair!

AnnaJamila
July 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry you don't like it! Just think of how much damage is gone now! It's cold comfort but at least it's something. :(

MOOBUG
July 31st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Thats the worst part. I had gotten to a stage where I hadnt used heat or anything on my hair in so long there was almost no damage! It was in such good condition :( Although, i suppose you are right. It was probably the universes way of saying that my ends needed cutting.

oh well. It grows back i suppose

Eire
July 31st, 2011, 03:25 PM
It's sad these stories are so common. Imagine if the majority of waiters just unilaterally decided to serve you something other than what you ordered. "I know you said you like alfredo, but everyone knows marinara is much better..."

The stylist I trust most lives near my family, so I only get haircuts when I visit. I'd rather that than risk running into someone who ignores me. I don't think there's a lot you could have done, but it will grow back soon, I'm sure. Once you do find a good stylist, keep her!

x0h_bother
July 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry you got a rather blunt hemline that you didn't want. I myself want a blunt hemline. I guess the next time I go to the hair dressers I should say "2cm off the length and tidy up the layers" :P