PDA

View Full Version : Honeysuckle vs big body ( kiss my face ) vs SKR as CO ??

jaquelines
July 31st, 2011, 11:02 AM
I read that the less "softening" ingredients a product has, the better for the CO-wash. But if I take those 3 products, I see a lot of great ingredients in Kiss my Face and Honeysucklerose, comparing to SKR. Still, according to this statment I read, those "great" ingredients might be good for conditioning, but not for CO-wash. Since containing lots of moisturizer ,or coconut oil, oils in generally, they would not really clean good comparing to something like SKR, which has only limited ingredients. True or not ?
I would like to point out my case and the fact that I do condition after each wash with SMT, so my hair doesn´t lack conditioner after the CO-wash.
Even though I know, it depends on each one´s hair, I am more intrestead on the theoretical side of this issue, if, a less "rich" (cone-free) conditioner like SKR for exemple, works better than a "richer" one like honeysuckle, or big body from kiss my face.
I have listed all 3 products and their ingredients. I am sure you ladies already now the ingrediens by now, but I thought it is good to have a whole list in front of us.

SKR : Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Juniper Communis Extract, Chamomile Extract, Fragrance, Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Corn Oil, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, D&C Red No. 33

KMF : Aloe Barbadensis , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Flower Extract) , Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus Flower Extract) , Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass Extract) , Equistum Arvense (Horsetail Extract) , Rosa Canina (Rose Hips Extract) , Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf Extract) , Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Extract) , Rubus Ideaus (Red Raspberry Extract) , Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme Leaf Extract) , Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Colza Oil) , Glycerin , Stearalkonium Chloride , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Oil) , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) , Hydrolized Wheat Protein , Hydrolized Wheat Amino Acids , Tocopherol , Hydrolized Rice Protein , Lecithin , Panthenol , Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile Oil) , Caprylic Acid , Glycine , Cyamopsis Tetragonolobus (Guar Gum) , Potassium Sorbate , Citric Acid

HSR: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

jaquelines
July 31st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Anyone here?

AnnaJamila
July 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Just bumping the thread for you, I actually have no idea! :(

I would vote for less ingredients, though. I like CO but I have to alternate with shampoo or herbs as it weighs down my hair A LOT, lol.

jaquelines
July 31st, 2011, 02:59 PM
:oThankx for answering. I find my self kind of lost everytime when I post something because I don´t get much answers.:rolleyes:
I think I was living by the motto "more is better".
So far so good, I have one vote pro "less".

theodora
July 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
I feel bad that I don't know more about this to help you. My experience with CO has been limited and not crazy successful too.
- On the one hand, I would say that I found more moisturising conditioners like Triple Nutrition to leave my hair heavier and greasier used in a CO wash than say the cheapie own brand supermarket cone-free conditioner I tried which left it cleaner.
- On the other hand, I think less ingredients are better and I am personally more for 'natural/organic' products. Because of scalp sensitivity, I found the cheap supermarket conditioner does irritate my scalp a bit because of some chemicals in it (preservatives I am fairly sure).

You'd have to ask one of the pros here, who know a lot about ingredients and about CO washing! Sorry I couldn't be more help with my limited experience.

rhosyn_du
July 31st, 2011, 04:29 PM
Have you considered using two conditioners? When I CO, I use a lighter conditioner (usually VO5 Free Me Freesia, although I have used SKR with good results) on my roots and a heavier conditioner (HSR) on my length.

torrilin
July 31st, 2011, 05:45 PM
I've never particularly worried if a conditioner is supposed to be "good" for CO or not. Either it works on my hair, or it doesn't, and if a conditioner suits my hair, chances are good it will do fine for CO.

CO tends to work badly for me if I'm having to fight hard water. My hair is pretty fond of hard water build up, and most conditioners don't lather well in hard water. The combination makes my hair pretty hard to deal with. In Curly Girl terms, that means I tend to do well with conditioners that are a "low poo", not "no poo". I can get around this by using diluted vinegar rinses, but it ends up being a pretty high maintenance routine.

With softer water and a conditioner that suits my hair tho, it's great.

jaquelines
August 1st, 2011, 08:06 AM
- On the other hand, I think less ingredients are better and I am personally more for 'natural/organic' products. Because of scalp sensitivity, I found the cheap supermarket conditioner does irritate my scalp a bit because of some chemicals in it (preservatives I am fairly sure).

Theodora, what do you mean by that ? Is it for you something like SKR also irritating your scalp ? I would also prefer to wash my hair with CO, but with more natural ingredients.
Any ideas ?
That is why I actually looked for the HSR and the KMF, because I thought they have more natural ingredients than SKR.
But I tend to say that SKR did a better job as a CO-wash, than the others.