PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares and Stress Dreams

lsnyder09
July 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
I am a vegetarian and have often had stress dreams about having to eat meat, but until last night I'd never experienced a hair stress dream. My hair is 30" now, and I am getting split ends trimmed this coming Wednesday. I don't plan to lose a full inch by any means, but in my dream last night I decided while in the chair to cut it up to my shoulders.

I was truly devastated in the dream and remember crying profusely at my stupid decision. All I could think about was all the time it would take to grow my hair back out, and I wouldn't be pretty to my boyfriend anymore, and all these silly emotions. When I finally woke up, I instinctively reached for my hair. I almost cried in relief when I felt the length!

My question would be, has this ever happened to you? If so, what was the dream like? What did you do when you woke up? Do you think these types of dreams mean anything?

Have a blessed day, and cheers to Long Hair!!

Yame
July 31st, 2011, 07:44 AM
I think I've had a couple of nightmares about cutting my hair short, or trying to dye it a different color and frying it to death. But it was a long time ago, so I don't remember details. All I know is that this type of dream thankfully doesn't occur often, I think it literally just happened twice.

More often though, I've had stress dreams about losing teeth, breaking teeth, etc. But I haven't had those in a while either. Come to think of it, I haven't had nightmares too often lately. It used to be, for a few years, that almost all the dreams I had were nightmares. I don't know why that was... but I'm glad it stopped!

allnight avenue
July 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Ugh. I just had a hair-related nightmare the other night for the first time ever. I don't even want to talk about it. It was basically about losing all my hair.

Spiffyhink
July 31st, 2011, 07:57 AM
Funny, I usually dream about loosing my teeth! I think I've had a few related to my hair, but they never bothered me quite as much.

To me, they just seem to mean that I'm worried about the thing I'm dreaming about, or maybe worried about something else and it's manifesting itself through my dreams. I usually just take it as a sign that I need to calm down and relax.

chahuahuas
July 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM
Oh my gosh! I've had stress-mares before, and those suuuck. You wake up feeling exhausted and scared and anxious... :( and the worst part is, you don't feel better as soon as you wake up like you do with a regular nightmare, because the stress doesn't immediately dissipate. I haven't had a hair stress dream yet, but I bet I would wake up crying if I dreamed about permanently straightening my hair.

trillcat
July 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Your hair is not who you are. It is part of it, but all you are is not your hair.
I had horrible dreams of cutting my hair, then I did it in waking life, from waist to pixie. My life did not end because I had short hair.
My life did not stop because I had short hair.
I was not happy with my new hair, but it is hair it grows back.
I cried, I lamented, I got used to it. I grew it back, and it was interesting.
Nothing like the dreams

TheMechaGinger
July 31st, 2011, 11:11 AM
I have nightmares about dbf going back to smoking and drinking. I always end up catching him doing something bad in the dream and then we get in this big fight and I wake up hysterical and call him crying. There were a few very traumatic experiences I won't go in to before he finally quit that cause them I think. I know it's hard on him too that I get like this every now and then

Night_Kitten
July 31st, 2011, 11:35 AM
I remember I had a bad dream in which I cut my then waist length hair into a short bob, and I was soooo relieved when I woke up and realised it was just a dream... It was during a stressed time, so I atributed it to being stressed in general...
I had more dreams in which I somehow loose my front teeth, and they also were always at stressed periods...
I think that it's just a result of stress.

If you are worried of the trim, perhaps you should bring someone you trust with you who can "look out for you" and prevent the hairdressers from convincing you to do things you don't want to do or from doing something you told them not to do

archel
July 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Oh, the stress dreams. :( Losing my hair, losing my teeth, ending up in public naked...oh yes. I'm glad I haven't had any in a long time...they are AWFUL.

Mairéad
July 31st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Most of the stress related nightmares I've had occur while I'm taking a math or chemistry class. :p

pixistixx
July 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
I keep having dreams where I eat cupcake after cupcake and binge on fast food, and I never even eat those things, but wake up feeling stressed and guilty lol

Slinks
July 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
lol .. I had a dream about two nights ago that I cut my hair see siggy to my shoulders .. ye-gads .. no way jose !!

Fluffy Squirrel
August 2nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
I keep having dreams where I eat cupcake after cupcake and binge on fast food, and I never even eat those things, but wake up feeling stressed and guilty lol

I sometimes dream I devour cream tart after cream tart and suddenly start thinking "they are made with cow's milk!" which makes me feel so guilty that I wake up :crazyq:

Last night I've had a stress dream about my hair.
I've hennaed yesterday and in my dream some of the henna rest on my scalp was itching so I scratched it and the hair on top of my head fell out.
As I wanted to show my boyfriend that bolt part, the hair was all back again and I woke up feeling all relieved.

lsnyder09
August 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I usually have dreams about my teeth falling out. That's why I was surprised to have a hair related dream. it was the first time. The trim went according to plan with no mess ups. It feels shorter than I would like, but it was less than half an inch cut (just the split ends). I'm glad it isn't up to my ears again!

Laurenji
August 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I once had a dream where I went into a hair salon to get a couple inches trimmed off. Instead, they proceeded to cut my hair into one of those weird helmet bobs, bleach it into oblivion, and then hairspray the hell out of it until it was really stiff as a helmet. I spent the whole rest of the dream wondering why I hadn't said anything, as I was now thoroughly miserable with my hair.

I woke up and was SO glad that it wasn't true!