PDA

View Full Version : 1/nil to the hair!

defineinsanity
July 30th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Sometimes you just think there's some hair demon out to get you...

The days when you actually need your hair to go right! just like it has done many times before on those indoor lazy days... but noooooooooooooooooooo, maybe your hair thinks it's funny to end up a complete unfixable mess the day you're told you're going to a wedding in the evening. ¬¬
Wonderful says my hair, lets get some grease flows going at the top and a handful of static dry frizz thrown in at the bottom... oo and for fun, lets let half go curly and the other half straight just for a change eh ;)

touche hair touche.

Anyone care to share their awful hair day stories? :) lets all have a good ol' laugh at the evil hairs attempts to make you cry before a night out .... and we're so kind to it!

Seeshami
July 30th, 2011, 08:28 AM
My hair's name is the naughty mess for a reason. I pretty much leave it alone and let it do as it pleases.

For a horrid story, yesterday it kept falling down in the middle of talking to customers. It was kind of funny (because I am accustomed to this bad behavior) but very annoying (because I have to keep it up or I pull it over my shoulder and cover my name tag).

defineinsanity
July 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Oh that must have been annoying, why wouldn't it stay up?
My worst would probably have to be my prom night where i attempted overnight foam curlers, but they were too tight and looked like i was wearing incredibly fluffy earmuffs :L

Mirsha
July 30th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I have one from my sister.

My sister has about.. 2a/2b wavy hair. She likes her waves and she's all about enhancing them. About oh, 10 years or so she had the marvellous idea of trying rag curls for Christmas. She spent about 2 hours wrapping the tiny shreds of rag in her hair which was about shoulder length.
The next morning, when everything had dried she took her rags out, proceeded to brush her hair et voila, an afro.
We even have a picture of her in her bathrobe in front of the Christmas tree with her decidedly red afro curls.
She wants it burned, but we kept it hidden from her so far :D

defineinsanity
July 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
oh yes the dreaded afro brushing-curls sin :L i also learnt the hard way, do you think she'd mind if you posted the picture? or would she kill you for it :P

Slinks
July 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM
:lol: I've enjoyed reading this thread !!

Mirsha
July 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
oh yes the dreaded afro brushing-curls sin :L i also learnt the hard way, do you think she'd mind if you posted the picture? or would she kill you for it :P

I'd have to find it myself first, that is how well it is hidden. :D

MidnightStar
July 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Oh yes, I know that hair demon well! Like the time I had an important court hearing and needed my hair to look sleek and professional...and instead, I looked as though I'd just come from an all night rave. Or when I'm trying to get my hair up before going in to work and the stick/bun I've used dozens of times just refuses to hold properly. Gah! So frustrating!

Seeshami
July 31st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh that must have been annoying, why wouldn't it stay up?

Because it's the naughty mess and it laughs in the face of all hair toys.

rena
July 31st, 2011, 10:49 PM
Oh gosh, I <3 you for this post!

It always, always, ALWAYS seems like whenever I'm going out, or we have company over, that my hair is reacting poorly to the weather, or its a wash day >_>

And yet, when there's nary a soul around, my hair is so fabulous, it makes me sick :p.

Here's a hair prayer to say to keep those dreaded hair demons away!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73092