PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Have to re-think my Arwen braid.

HeavenlyTresses
June 26th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Came across the pictures in a link in the Old beautiful styles thread and I have to re-think my Arwen braid. Pictures of the actual style are hard to find and this one shows a lace braid on the side but the back is a complete mystery to me.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4647/idhrenethmerilattlearwen3my1.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6073/battle6ym4.jpg

These are the instructions I followed (there are pics in my album):

http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/Arwen.htm

Gothic Lolita
June 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think you did really well! I can't count how many times I've read the instructions and yet I don't understand them perfectly. What exactly don't you understand?

JessTheMess
June 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yikes!!! that looks like a lot of work....and patience lol

HeavenlyTresses
June 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I think you did really well! I can't count how many times I've read the instructions and yet I don't understand them perfectly. What exactly don't you understand?

I understand the dreamweaver instructions but they are different from the picture of Liv Tyler as they do not have the lace braid on the side. It looks like once the lace braid reaches the back of the head it is braided to the ends of the hair but I can't tell how many other braids there are and how exactly they are weaved together.

Islandgrrl
June 26th, 2008, 02:04 PM
HT, that's really beautiful. I wish I could offer help, but that's just way beyond my ability!

Ohio Sky
June 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM
The instructions on DWB basically use a 7 strand method once you get it all braided right? That second pic you posted isnt detailed enough to be sure, but it looks more like it may only be a 5 strand. Maybe its just a lace braid instead of what DWB shows and a 5 strand method?

ETA: Actuallt, it looks like it may even be a 4 strand...

FrannyG
June 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
To me it looks as though the two lace braids on the side join at the back and then form a (5-strand?) braid, and that is woven as one of the strands in a very thick 3 strand braid. To be honest, judging by the appearance, it looks easier than the phenomenal braid you have done. :applause

It's hard to tell from these small photos though, isn't it?

Ohio Sky
June 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I can see the back of the braid fairly clearly and I definitely count 4 strands. Looks like a regular 4 strand flat braid, but its hard to tell how they did the top.

Tried to find more pics to clarify, but no such luck :shrug:

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 03:30 PM
wow!! you did a great job!!!
Im not much help on the instructions part, but keep us posted!

Gladtobemom
June 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
It really looks like the two lace braids are blended into two conventional braids that go to the end of the length.

Then those seem to be part of a 4 strand braid, (two pre braided, two just combed)

At least that is what it looks like.

It really doesn't look like a 5 strand, just 4.

The other one is very impressive and beautiful, I think it looks actually harder.