PDA

View Full Version : The 'poos and con's of your routine!

kwaniesiam
June 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I mix and match brands of products, despite them generally being formulated to work together. Anyone else do the same? I find that if one works for me, the other one doesn't. Right now I love Giovanni shampoo and clarify every once in a while with Suave. For conditioner its either Burt's Bees raspberry and brasil nut or some form of Nature's Gate.

spidermom
June 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I used to buy my products in pairs, but I was always running out of conditioner before I ran out of shampoo. In recent months, I've decided to ignore the "formulated to work together" thing and have a couple of different brands in my shower/bath area.

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I don't know if this counts but I just don't buy the shampoo, lol.

Starr
June 26th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I buy matching shampoo and conditioner, but I only use the conditioner and my DH only uses the shampoo- so I have yet to figure out if they actually work together.

Anje
June 27th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I mainly just buy conditioner. Last time I bought shampoo, I grabbed it by mistake thinking it was a huge bottle of condish! (Well, it's the Suave coconut shampoo, and it's opaque!)

DH is discovering CO washing and shampoos maybe once a week, COing most days. I think he's got some WR stuff, but he's decided that he likes my conditioner. He uses it up faster than I do! Oh well -- guess I just need to stock up some more.

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I use all different kinds but right now mainly my new Aveda shampoo for colored hair and for conditioner either Dove if I want a cone or Giovanni SAS or VO5 strawberries and cream and a couple others. So yeah I never hardly go with the same line for both.

Riot Crrl
June 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I mainly just buy conditioner. Last time I bought shampoo, I grabbed it by mistake thinking it was a huge bottle of condish! (Well, it's the Suave coconut shampoo, and it's opaque!)

I totally almost did that the first time I went to buy Suave coconut. Good thing I'm a label reader. I was like "Whoa, this conditioner is full of sulfates, what is going on?"

girlcat36
June 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I never buy matching pairs, or entire product lines. I don't know why.

harley mama
June 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I don't use shampoo as a rule. But, when I was using it, I didn't worry about
matching brands. I liked to try new stuff.

cobblersmaid
June 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I don't match. I am using Trader Joe's refresh shampoo and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner.

roxyhead
June 28th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I have so many different ones they're slowly taking over my mother's bathroom again. Not that she doesn't have 46 thousand products of her own...despite having about an inch and a half of hair herself. (my shower sucks, so I always use hers, much better) I mix and match everything, though the Burt's Bees stuff mentioned above and my Nature's Gate stuff are favorites in the conditioner department. My mother got some Ojon cone/sulfate free shopping channel stuff that actually might be worth swiping for a change, but that's about the only time I can recall recently using the same brand shampoo and conditioner. My Au Naturel shampoo doesn't even have a matching conditioner, at least that the store I got it at sold.

lady_hero
July 10th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Right now I'm using the Refresh Head & Shoulders shampoo about twice a week and I CO with Dry Scalp Head & Shoulders condish everyday. Yeah, I've got funky scalp issues. I wish I could go SLS-free and use all natural ( I like to eat organic and I buy hormone-free meats) but, alas, my scalp goes nutso when I use anything but H&S :-/

Ohio Sky
July 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I've always used matching shampoos and conditioners just becasue... well, because how do you figure out if one works better than the other, really?

It also has about || that much to do with the fact that I'm completely neurotic.