PDA

View Full Version : Quick I am going to Sally's what do I NEED yo get?

MermaidOH
July 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I know I am getting some:
GVP Biolage Conditioning Balm
Nail Brush (I know big excitement)
Anything else i should get?:bounce:

MidnightStar
July 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Do you have a tangle teezer? I got mine there, I think it was $10 and I don't know how I'd live without it now!

HairFaerie
July 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If you don't have them already:

Boar Bristle Brush
Satin Pillow Case

Anje
July 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Get a small bottle of Cure Care conditioner, if you're not protein-sensitive (or if you don't know) or a silicone addict. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, the label says it'll work as a light body lotion, and if it does work for you, you can buy it by the gallon for really cheap. (ETA: Just checked. It's $8.49 per gallon online, before any of their club discounts. Cheaper than Suave at Walmart even.)

Oh, and if you have no hair scissors for self-trims or S&D, at least take a look at what they sell.

McFearless
July 29th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh, and if you have no hair scissors for self-trims or S&D, at least take a look at what they sell.

Yes that is where I got my scissors from and they were 15$. They also sell scissors for 130$(crazy) but mine are more than good enough. Very sharp.

C.H.
July 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
If you don't have them already:

Boar Bristle Brush
Satin Pillow Case

Alternatively you can get a sleep cap if the pillowcase is not your preference. They have a nice selection and they are cheap cheap.

Madora
July 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Perhaps hairsticks..or barrettes..if you are interested in same. What about slip off elastics? Bendy curlers?

C.H.
July 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Perhaps hairsticks..or barrettes..if you are interested in same. What about slip off elastics? Bendy curlers?

Yes, my very first hairsticks were from Sally's. They were a good buy, $7 for two pairs, and even now I still use them. So pick these up if you are at all interested in trying hairsticks if you don't have any already.

Arianoor
July 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I second the tangle teaser and decent scissors!

Mine doesn't have spin pins, but it is the only place where I can find Magic Grip hair pins anymore. They work great for my fine/abundant, very slick hair.

MissManda
July 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I third the Tangle Teezer and good scissors!

newbeginning
July 29th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Another person here for Tangle Teezer and scissors.

Animae
July 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I buy packs of hotel shower caps there (you know, the thin plastic ones) for doing deep treatments. I also got my heat cap there. and Ion makes a re-constructor that is cone free that I love.

Chetanlaiho
July 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Another vote for tangle teaser. Other than that I can't give much product recommendations since I'm not anywhere near one but satin sleeping cap/pillow case is something I've been wanting to try for ages.

CurlyMopTop
July 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
The conditioning balm is an excellent choice. I'm also voting for the tangle teeser, satin pillow case, satin sleep cap, a good pair of hair sissors, and if you have curly hair you may want to try the Biolage hair gel (CG friendly). :o

Delila
July 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Great suggestions so far!

I bought a gallon of Cure Care the other day, I've been using it regularly to help rinse out cassia treatments, so I might as well get a big jug. (so, so cheap!)

If you want something other than hair stuff, check out the Swissco glass nail file (up front near the register, usually), Beauty Secrets Nail Polish thinner, and the FingerPaints and China Glaze nail polishes. FingerPaints has a new one called Cordur-Orange that's really pretty.

RubyEmpress
July 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Hair stuff: Tangle Teaser, Cure care conditioner, scissors, satin pillowcase or sleep cap

Nail Stuff: If you paint your nails I highly recommend Seche vite fast dry top coat!