PDA

View Full Version : It's been a looooong time, but I'm back!

lyneya
July 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM
So...I think it's been three years since I've been here! Once I went from waist-length to chin length, I felt a little guilty. ;)

So...three years later, I'm back to I suppose BSL? I've made peace with the fact that in order for ME to be happy and have longer than mainstream hair, I need to go to the salon semi-regularly for color and layers. When I chopped and colored my hair last time...one comment stuck out. Remember I just cut off two feet of hair...people were ooing and ahing a bit over the change. One semi-stranger said "How different is it, I can't remember what it looked like before?" The other not-quite-so-stranger answered "it was grey!" *sob* (I was only 32 at the time!!) I tried and tried to be ok with going very very grey so young, but I have made peace with the fact that I'm not ok with it. So, I'm compromising. (And yes, it's VERY grey...not just a few strands, but enough that it washes out my skin tone. One day I'll have to let it go, but today is not that day.)

BUT...now that it's BSL length and I'm going to keep getting it colored, I need to relearn all of the skills I have forgotten for nice healthy hair! And I also think I'm going to keep some layers. Last time I didn't. We'll see how long I keep it up, but with the curls, it looks nice and doesn't get quite so overwhelming.

Last time it was long, I was growing it for me, but the spouse (now ex) really didn't like it. This time, I am growing it for me again. It made me feel special. And as I venture into the dating pool (divorce is two years old, but I haven't dated since 1999!!!!) I will just find someone that likes it. :P

So I'm back! I never really forgot about you all. And now I need to reread and relearn everything!!!

Oh, I realized I was back on the path to being a long-hair again when I could feel the curls tickling my elbows. :-D I missed that feeling!

[ETA: Woah, super old siggy pic and avitar! I'll have to work on that! The baby is 4.5 yrs old now!!!]

oktobergoud
July 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Welcome back! :D
Your hair looks really pretty in your super old siggy pic ;) :)

SarahKayfa
July 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hi. Nice to meet you. I think your hair looks beautiful. And congratulations on doing things for you again.

lyneya
July 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks! That's about what it looks like again now. A few more layers I suppose.

It's nice to be back. :)

Joliebaby
July 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome back! I can completely understand you don't want to be grey at 35. I stopped coloring a year ago but I have yet to find my first grey - I'm not sure I could go grey at 35 either.

I've been here on and off too. I just cut my waist length hair but I'm growing it back immediately so I didn't go anywhere.. ;)