PDA

View Full Version : Curse you glasses!

mrs.bad85
July 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Before I joined LHC I was wearing glasses and every once in a while they would grab a break a hair or two.

That was back before I cared but recently I noticed I had a bunch of short puffy "bangs".....I don't have bangs!:disgust:

I am so sad now I am going to have to grow all of these out :(

Now I am wearing contacts so it's not happening anymore.

Has anyone else's glasses eaten their hair?

Dragon Faery
July 28th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Oh yes. My current pair not so much for some reason, but yes. Definitely.

Kayla Nyx
July 28th, 2011, 10:10 PM
yes, my glasses do all the time! there is a little gap between the ear piece and the frame and hair gets caught between there sometimes and rips/breaks a couple pieces when I take them off. Usually I wiggle them a little before I take them off and they usually come loose and nothing happens

pittsburgpam
July 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, especially when my hair is back in a bun, which is almost all the time. There is a little ledge where the plastic of the earpiece meets the metal of the frame and it catches right there.

My next pair is going to be solid plastic with NO transition between the ears and frames.

Dragon Faery
July 28th, 2011, 10:25 PM
My hair gets caught in the hinge between the earpiece and eyepiece. I used to always have at least one piece of a hair in there that had broken off but wouldn't unstick from the hinge. Not sure why this pair does it less, but I'm so glad it does!

aliceinmadness
July 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I wear contacts on the whole, but my sunglasses are a different story. It's ridiculously bright around these parts, especially while driving, so I can't really bring myself to give them up - but I have the bad habit of pushing them on top of my head and snagging whatever poor, unsuspecting hairs are up there. Meh. Bad Alice; no cookie.

TheMechaGinger
July 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh yes! My glasses demolished my hair and still do, but my eyes are so bad I can't even legally drive without them. I'm growing out bangs now the shortest is to the tip of my nose and the longest is to my chin and they get caught all the time so I always have to remind myself to pin them back. Thet get caught in the nose piece and in the sides where it bends. And if I push my glasses up over my head I end up tearing out multiple strands! I definitely need to get new ones that don't do this

twilight_faerie
July 28th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Ugh, yes. My hairs get caught in the hinges and then when I take my glasses off it rips out the hairs and ohhh, the pain. Luckily I've gotten better at stopping myself before I take my glasses off and reminding myself to remove them verrrrry gently so I can free the hairs.

allnight avenue
July 28th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yes! More than anything it's painful when the hairs snag. Grr. Hopefully I'll have contacts by the end of next month...

naereid
July 29th, 2011, 01:08 AM
That was back before I cared but recently I noticed I had a bunch of short puffy "bangs".....I don't have bangs!:disgust:

I am so sad now I am going to have to grow all of these out :(
If you're saying what I'm thinking, you probably won't be able to grow them out. A lot of people, even on LHC, have finer, shorter hairs framing their face (especially on the temples). These hairs have a shorter terminal length and never grow as long as the rest of your hair.

I put a little collection of threads in this thread, check them out and see if that's what it is. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1169268) :)

Sweetie
July 29th, 2011, 01:57 AM
this is one of the main reasons why I'm happy to use contact lens....but the problem gets back with sunglasses...

theodora
July 29th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Same here, I cannot wear my glasses with my hair down without breaking at least two hairs. It's because the logo on one side catches hair and then breaks it. It doesn't do it on both sides strangely. I keep thinking about sorting it out but not sure how. Mostly I try to remember to keep my hair up.

SC
July 29th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I don't break my hair with my glasses, that didn't even happen with my old glasses or sunglasses. Maybe my glasses are weid just, because it seems to be happening to everyone else :?

MasCat
July 29th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Yep, that damn thing where the metal part of the earpiece ends and the plastic one starts. I't's extremely irritating, and most frequent when I drive my motorbike with glasses - I have to put on the helmet, put on my glasses, and of course first that off glasses, then the helmet. And there is no room for the hair when I take my glasses off with the helmet on...

Gotta buy myself a new pair of glasses I guess...

Nae
July 29th, 2011, 05:41 AM
There was a thread on this about the gap between the metal earpiece and the plastic. We came up with a bit of a solution. Of course, it would depend on your pair of glasses.

Check it out. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=41430

But I am going to say that those short hairs may just be a natural phenomenon. There are always shorter hairs right around the hairline.

Hope that helps!

kamikaze hair
July 29th, 2011, 06:06 AM
hell yes, and all the more reason to switch to contacts, as soon as I can afford them, also I really need to get a pair of sunnies for driving but I dont want to get prescription sunnies, they cost to much and I always lose/destroy/sleep on and crush/whatever my sunnies. :mad: so not worth spending lots of money on prescription sunnies.

Raqdoll
July 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Ugh, yes. My hairs get caught in the hinges and then when I take my glasses off it rips out the hairs and ohhh, the pain. Luckily I've gotten better at stopping myself before I take my glasses off and reminding myself to remove them verrrrry gently so I can free the hairs.

Yep, exactly. It's the bane of my life...I have contacts but prefer the ease of my glasses most days.

pepperminttea
July 29th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I have this problem with my mother's glasses. There's a bit on the frame that catches on my hair, even when it's up, every time I hug her. At that point we normally keep ours heads very close together and beg my father for help (when he eventually stops laughing). :p

Lostsoule77
July 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I have this problem sometimes, but not always. I just try to be careful. I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade so I've had a lot of time to get used to it. :)

Yame
July 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yes, that happened to me all the time... but since I started bunning 5 days a week, I haven't had the problem again.

Cowgirl16
July 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
My hair gets caught in the hinge :( My old glasses were the worst; it seemed like they ate several hairs a day, thank goodness my new glasses don't do it so much, maybe once a week :rolleyes:

mrs.bad85
July 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I have really only had this problem with this pair of glasses.

I haven't had "bang" fuzzies before

but i do have neck fuzzies those are super annoying tangley short fine hairs

metricfuture
July 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Yep, same story here. I yanked out a hair this morning when I was in a big rush and took them off to put on my sunglasses. Pre-LHC, it would have barely registered, this morning I was mortified. I just sat in my car, staring at the single hair (I mean, really, it's one hair) like I just ran over a puppy. Sigh...

boomtownrat
July 29th, 2011, 09:12 PM
It used to happen constantly with my previous pair of glasses, so I was eager to get contacts for that and for the simple fact that it's annoying to switch between glasses and prescription sunglasses when I'm going in and out of a lot of stores. (I'm photosensitive and bright lights are a migraine trigger for me, so I can't do without sunglasses. Transition lenses don't work because I often have to wear my sunglasses indoors.) Then I went for an eye exam and my eye doctor said my vision wasn't bad enough for contacts to be effective. So I got a pair of glasses that doesn't seem to cause this problem. They're rimless and made of titanium as opposed to thick plastic frames, so I guess that's the reason they're safer for my hair.