PDA

View Full Version : Well... I thought I was loving CV but I guess not :(

GabrielleRose
July 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Well I thought I was really loving CV, but that's gone down hill ever since I tried not washing my hair everyday which I was able to do for a full 3 days! :) My CV bar just didn't clean and I used an ACV too as well! I don't know what is going on???:confused: I'm thinking of going back to just shampoo and conditioner because all this trial and error is stressing me out!

Mairéad
July 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Have you visited the shampoo bar thread?
It could be the bar you're using, or how well you're rinsing. It could be the strength of the ACV rinse and the hardness of your water. Also, did you clarify before switching to the bar? How long have you been using the shampoo bar? Some people experience a transition, especially if they're used to washing every day with an SLS shampoo. So, there are reasons things may not be working.

Also, there are a bunch of other routines you could give a shot if shampoo bars just flat out don't work for you.And of course, shampoo and conditioner DO work for many people. :)

GabrielleRose
July 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I've been using them for almost 2 months now. I do have hard water and I do use an ACV rinse. The bar I'm using is the butter bar which worked for me through my transition, and worked before I did the no washing thing. If I go back to shampoo and conditioner I have no idea what to use!!!!

Mairéad
July 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
When I used shampoo bars the results were inconsistent. Some times I'd get awesome hair and some times I'd get a stringy, gunky mess.

I ended up going CO with much, much success after discovering bars were a no-go for me. I guess for you, going back to shampoo and conditioner would depend on what type of ingredients your hair likes and what needs your hair has.

GabrielleRose
July 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
My results are pretty inconsistent. :( I don't really know what my hair likes, but I would assume cones for my splits and tangles, but I have been thinking of going back to Garnier Triple Nutrition since it worked pretty well. I've tried CO, but results were good for a few days and then it turned into a flop. Also, since I have blonde hair I have the problem of it looking dark when I use certain products. :(

nocojojo
July 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I love CV but for washing everyday (and I must) it's incredibly time consuming. I've finally found a combo that works for me; I can't imagine doing this for long. But my hair is so happy . . . How can I not spend 20 minutes per day in the shower? It's simply not possible. (I have a family and a small water heater. Any alternate suggestions?)

Mairéad
July 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM
My results are pretty inconsistent. :( I don't really know what my hair likes, but I would assume cones for my splits and tangles, but I have been thinking of going back to Garnier Triple Nutrition since it worked pretty well. I've tried CO, but results were good for a few days and then it turned into a flop. Also, since I have blonde hair I have the problem of it looking dark when I use certain products. :(

The Garnier Triple Nutrition actually has no cones in it, so if that worked well for you, you may want to look into other no-cone options.

I know what you mean about having light hair. I'm strawberry and my hair takes on color easily. I had to stop castor oil because it was putting ash tones in my extremely warm toned hair. Also, since I only wash once a week, it looks like I have a completely different hair color by the end of the week! I just washed so I'm gonna have fluffy light-colored hair when it dries. :D

OhioLisa
July 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Just a couple of ideas. You chose one of the most moisturizing CV bars... maybe THE most moisturizing. And when I say moisturizing, I mean it leaves behind more oils when rinsed away. I bet if you tried a different bar, you might see a difference. Also, if your ACV rinses are too strong, they will leave you looking stringy sooner, making you want to wash more often. Personally, I enjoy washing my hair daily and both hair and scalp are happier that way, but if you are wanting to stretch out washings, it's just going to be about finding the balance. I personally wouldn't give up on the bars just yet.

GabrielleRose
July 29th, 2011, 01:03 AM
The Garnier Triple Nutrition actually has no cones in it, so if that worked well for you, you may want to look into other no-cone options.

I know what you mean about having light hair. I'm strawberry and my hair takes on color easily. I had to stop castor oil because it was putting ash tones in my extremely warm toned hair. Also, since I only wash once a week, it looks like I have a completely different hair color by the end of the week! I just washed so I'm gonna have fluffy light-colored hair when it dries. :D

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I had the castor oil may end up darkening hair so that was a no-no for me.

Just a couple of ideas. You chose one of the most moisturizing CV bars... maybe THE most moisturizing. And when I say moisturizing, I mean it leaves behind more oils when rinsed away. I bet if you tried a different bar, you might see a difference. Also, if your ACV rinses are too strong, they will leave you looking stringy sooner, making you want to wash more often. Personally, I enjoy washing my hair daily and both hair and scalp are happier that way, but if you are wanting to stretch out washings, it's just going to be about finding the balance. I personally wouldn't give up on the bars just yet.

I know it is pretty moisturising, and I've tried many of their other bars to no avail. I don't believe its the ACV leaving my hair stringy either, because I always got the stringiness from the bars. I also enjoy washing my hair daily, but I thought I would give the no washing for a few days a try. But I may give up on the bars, because alot of money is being wasted. :(