PDA

View Full Version : DH helped me :-)

Slinks
July 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I did a clarifying yesterday and had these horrendious knots appear from out of no-where !! I oil my hair with almond oil every night to hold my sleeping english braids in as I don't use ties. Then yesterday I decided to do a clarify but first I deep oiled with evoo then did the clarify and OMG .. I didn't scrub my hair, I just cwc'd using the condish on my length, running my hands down, then used diluted poo on my scalp, rinced then did the run my hands down the length again with the condish .. I could feel that it was clarifried (no that's not a typo) so I ran a small amount of cones thru, wrapped my hair as usual in it's towel, no rubbing or anything .. got to the bedroom where I sit, finger comb and do my hair business and WOW I had two really huge knots !! I had to put leave-in condish on my fingers to sort thru the mess .. in walked darling hubby poured leave-in on his hands and sorted the mess out for me :crush: turned out I had all this shed hair tangled up in my hair !!

Amber_Maiden
July 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Aw!!!! What a good husband! My husband does the same for me (while I squirm and cry sometimes because it hurts!!!)... He's much more patient than I am when it comes to my hair. I guess we're pretty luck eh? :p

embee
July 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'd be very suspicious of what I clarified with.

I *cannot* use baking soda, my hair goes immediately to straw condition. And it does not recover right away, even with conditioning. :( I wept after that baking soda bit, feared I'd ruined my hair which is already fine and thin.

Good for your DH, he sounds like a "keeper"! :D

Slinks
July 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I'd be very suspicious of what I clarified with.

I *cannot* use baking soda, my hair goes immediately to straw condition. And it does not recover right away, even with conditioning. :( I wept after that baking soda bit, feared I'd ruined my hair which is already fine and thin.

Good for your DH, he sounds like a "keeper"! :D

I claryfied with what has been recommened of these boards, sometimes what's good for the goose is not good for the gander :-) I used Alberto Balsam Herbal Escapes, Kiwi Lime Squeeze .. I have used the baking soda aka Bi-carb and had barnyard fodder results too but that was better than this claryfRying !! lol .. I will still use it (when I need to) but I will only use the condish once for the first C and wash with the poo dituted for the W but will use a heavy CONE on my final C, if this fails, in the bin it goes !!

BTW my DH is a keeper, he cooks and washes the dishes !! :-)

Slinks
July 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Aw!!!! What a good husband! My husband does the same for me (while I squirm and cry sometimes because it hurts!!!)... He's much more patient than I am when it comes to my hair. I guess we're pretty luck eh? :p
:-) as lucky as we come ..

Laurenji
July 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM
The other day, I let SIL do one of those embroidery floss hair wrap things on me. It looked really cool, but after a while it really started to pull on my scalp, so much so that it was getting irritating. I tried to undo it, but it was a bunch of little tiny embroidery floss knots and really hard to get out. DH, noticing me struggling to get it out, said "here, let me do that," and patiently helped me pick all the embroidery floss out. It took forever! He's so sweet...

Slinks
July 29th, 2011, 07:48 PM
:smooch: :cloud9: :inlove: :hifive: for DHubbys :-)

winona
July 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
This is crazy sweet:)

GRU
July 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Y'all are so lucky to have such wonderful DHs!!!!

And a tip for people who have tried baking soda (or any clarifying product, actually) -- follow up with an acidic rinse -- ACV, white vinegar, citric acid, lemon juice, etc., diluted in water.

Baking soda and shampoos are very alkaline, and hair/skin are slightly acidic. Particularly if you've been CO-washing, your hair isn't used to that alkaline environment, and the cuticle gets all fluffed up and pissed off and tangles like the dickens!

allnight avenue
July 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Oooh, I never knew that was *why* you're supposed to use vinegar after. Although, I always shampoo and condition my hair after the baking soda anyway.

GRU
July 29th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Oooh, I never knew that was *why* you're supposed to use vinegar after. Although, I always shampoo and condition my hair after the baking soda anyway.

Still might want to do an acidic rinse... conditioner isn't acidic, and won't necessarily bring your scalp/hair back to baseline....

Lostsoule77
July 30th, 2011, 12:15 AM
That was very sweet of your DH. You definitely are lucky. I don't think my fiance would do the same. Because I spend a couple hours a week on here and try a few new things (like coconut oil and honey lightening) he things I am hair obsessed! Only time will tell I suppose. He does cook and do the dishes though, so that's enough for me. :)

x0h_bother
July 30th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I've clariFRIED (lol) before. The results are similar to when I go cone free. My hair used to like feeling naked (I was poo only for years) but now I can't go without cones and I can't clarify too much now. I'm sorry you are going through this tangly time! Cones are to the rescue for me too when this happens.

Slinks
July 30th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Y'all are so lucky to have such wonderful DHs!!!!

And a tip for people who have tried baking soda (or any clarifying product, actually) -- follow up with an acidic rinse -- ACV, white vinegar, citric acid, lemon juice, etc., diluted in water.

Baking soda and shampoos are very alkaline, and hair/skin are slightly acidic. Particularly if you've been CO-washing, your hair isn't used to that alkaline environment, and the cuticle gets all fluffed up and pissed off and tangles like the dickens!

OMG !!! is that why it happened .. thank you so much Gru !!! I deff had tangles like the DICKENS, it was a nightmare, my hair was pissed off with me, wow - I totally understand now .. took DH a good 10 mins to sort it out .. I can't thankyou enough for coming forth with that bit of info Gru .. :bowtome: :smirk: :D

Slinks
July 30th, 2011, 01:52 AM
That was very sweet of your DH. You definitely are lucky. I don't think my fiance would do the same. Because I spend a couple hours a week on here and try a few new thinks (like coconut oil and honey lightening) he things I am hair obsessed! Only time will tell I suppose. He does cook and do the dishes though, so that's enough for me. :)
:-) you're lucky your hubby only thinks, :lol: mine knows !! hahaha lol :-)

Slinks
July 30th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I've clariFRIED (lol) before. The results are similar to when I go cone free. My hair used to like feeling naked (I was poo only for years) but now I can't go without cones and I can't clarify too much now. I'm sorry you are going through this tangly time! Cones are to the rescue for me too when this happens.

it's the new word added to the LHC dictionary :eyebrows:

MissAlida
July 30th, 2011, 06:35 AM
The vinegar rinse does the trick for me too:D. I'm off shampoo, only do a BS/ white vinegar rinse twice a week...some coney conditioner diluted in a spray bottle. My hair is happy...tne things one can learn in 3 weeks on LHC:crush: Your story, Slinks, is very sweet:p.

GRU
July 30th, 2011, 09:37 AM
OMG !!! is that why it happened .. thank you so much Gru !!! I deff had tangles like the DICKENS, it was a nightmare, my hair was pissed off with me, wow - I totally understand now .. took DH a good 10 mins to sort it out .. I can't thankyou enough for coming forth with that bit of info Gru .. :bowtome: :smirk: :D

You're very welcome... I think that everyone who mentions baking soda washes here should be REQUIRED to include the acidic rinse information within the same post! Like you, I started off reading around LHC and decided I wanted to try it all. Washed my hair with baking soda, and :blueeek: -- NASTY results that NOTHING seemed to fix!!!!! (You know how tangled your STRAIGHT hair was.... imagine my curls in that situation! shudder: )

It wasn't until a week or so later that I found out about the whole alkalinity / ruffled up cuticle thing.... that'll teach me to try new things without THOROUGHLY researching them first!!!! :lol:

Slinks
July 30th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Washed my hair with baking soda, and :blueeek: -- NASTY results that NOTHING seemed to fix!!!!! (You know how tangled your STRAIGHT hair was.... imagine my curls in that situation! shudder: )
:lol:

Ye - gads !! I can only imagine .. what a mess .. BTW I loved your skipping Sydney story :D that was so cute :-)

GRU
July 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ye - gads !! I can only imagine .. what a mess ..

We could have made an LHC version of "Nightmare on Elm Street" or something, it was truly truly horrid!

BTW I loved your skipping Sydney story :D that was so cute :-)

She is such a cutie-pie, just makes smiles everywhere she goes! DS decided to take the summer off from taekwondo (too busy having outdoor fun), so I haven't seen her in a while, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve for when he starts up in the fall and I see Sydney on a regular basis again. :eyebrows:

SoulOfTheSea
July 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
That is so sweet! =) Sometimes my DB does my hair, or attempts to braid it... xD. And he does like my hair up in chopsticks, so I love how our men are getting involved with our hair!