PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for scalp oils

Cupofmilk
July 28th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I am experimenting with scalp oiling as my scalp is very dry and itchy. Bhringraj oil really helps with the itching. I wonder if anybody has found any other oils that help.

I have tried Neem but the smell is too much !

Sundial
July 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Some people who use castor oil for hair growth has said that it helps with their scalp problems so you may want to add that in your list of to-try items. Castor oil is usually mixed 50:50 with a carrier oil like olive oil or avocado oil (other oils should be fine too) to make application easier since straight castor oil is very stocky.

Personally, I like olive oil and avocado oil. I tend to apply a little to my scalp for scalp massages while I'm oiling my hair. And I occasionally use castor oil mix too.

bonnie1735
July 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I have been using Tea Tree oil and Emu oil for my itchy scalp. Works pretty good. However the Tea Tree oil has a stong smell to it. Husband complanes about it. It doesn't bother me.

Cupofmilk
July 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM
OOh I have castor oil I should try that! I also have teatree oil which does help - I should really mi it with something. I am off to google emu oil.
Thank you all.

IanB
July 28th, 2011, 09:38 AM
You could try Vatika coconut oil, massage in your scalp, leave overnight and wash out in the morning.

cherry blossom
July 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
coconut oil for regular use, and castor oil for weekly, works like charm for my scalp..

pepperminttea
July 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
NightBlooming's Triple Moon oil blend is lovely for scalp massages. :)

winona
July 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I personally love a Argan/Rice Bran/ Castor Oil mix. My roots are flourishing with this:)

Dina L.
July 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm a castor oil / EVOO mix fan! I'm impressed how it stopped my shedding. :)

Tea Lady
July 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I've recently started using Pandora's Soothing Scalp and Growth formula (http://pandoraslocks.blogspot.com/2011/01/pandoras-soothing-scalp-and-growth.html). I like it a lot. No itchies with it!

Tea Lady

battles
July 28th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I use castor and olive oil. :)

Flaxen
July 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Cocoveda (http://hennablogspot.com/cocoveda-hair-oil/) is a lovely hair oil. :smile: