PDA

View Full Version : Zinger scissors

Dina L.
July 28th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hi,

Did anybody hear of the German brand called Zinger? I found on our local ebay a very good bargain for hairdressing scissors (both with normal and hair thinning blades) and I wonder if they are good enough.

didrash
July 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Nah... I have heard of the German company Singer, pronounced Zinger. They make sewing machines and are very old and well established, but maybe they are not the same thing.

Dina L.
July 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
No, they aren't the same. My mum has a Singer sewing machine, I learned to sew on that (was fun!), but these scissors are supposed to be from Zinger (as written on the wrapping).

DoubleCrowned
July 28th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I have heard of Ginger scissors...

Carolyn
July 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Do you mean Gingher scissors? I didn't know they made hair scissors but maybe they do now. They make excellent sewing and embroidery scissors. I also have their kitchen and garden shears.

Loreley
July 28th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I have heard about Zinger scissors but I don't know whether they are good or not. :confused: I want to buy Fiskars hair scissors (a Finnish brand, I think). A bit expensive but it's totally worth it. My mum has a pair of (not hairdressing) Fiskars scissors which are about 25 years old and still very sharp although they have never been sharpened. Excellent quality. She used to trim my hair with it when I was a child. :)

archel
July 28th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Fiskars are amazing! My father is a crafter and ties flies for fishing and he uses pretty much nothing but Fiskars.