PDA

View Full Version : Boar Briste Brush and Curls

whitestiletto
July 28th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I thought the BBB I just got in the mail would demolish my curls... Not so! Well when I brushed with it at night my hair got very straight but also very sleek. I then went to bed and when I woke up my hair looked like this:

Pardon the bedhead and roots... but look.. it's wurly as usual! And I would note that the curls are unusually frizz-free.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8177&pictureid=108926

skyblue
July 28th, 2011, 06:22 AM
looks beautiful!!

Chetanlaiho
July 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hmm I think I need to find a better BBB (not sure if this one is 100% BB) because my wurls don´t really cope with it as well as yours do =(

PinkyCat
July 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hmmmmmm interesting *twirls imaginary moustache*

whitestiletto
July 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Just wanted to say I've been brushing my hair with this the past three nights, making sure to get my scalp with it a bunch, and I feel like I could never wash my hair again... This does a great job distributing scalp oils. My hair is SO soft. I think I'm in love.

rena
July 29th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Hmmmmmm interesting *twirls imaginary moustache*

Lol! There should be a moustache twirling smilie :D.

Lostsoule77
July 30th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Thank you for posting this. I have yet to get a BBB because I've stopped brushing my hair since finding this site. I generally am only finger comb, though I do really comb once in awhile. I had put off getting a BBB because I thought it would only cause frizz. Seeing this I just might like to give it a try. :)

Madora
July 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Just wanted to say I've been brushing my hair with this the past three nights, making sure to get my scalp with it a bunch, and I feel like I could never wash my hair again... This does a great job distributing scalp oils. My hair is SO soft. I think I'm in love.

I'm happy to read that you're having such good results from your bbb, whitestiletto! Those bbbs really deliver the goods!

princess03
July 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
very pretty! my hair textture is similar to yours. where did you purchase this BBB and can you tell me how it looks I know theres lots out there
Ive been meaning to buy one but like others wrote i was afraid of getting frizz

thanks!

Jader_Jem
July 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Is there a a BBB brand that will work better to get through thicker hair?

whitestiletto
July 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I actually section my hair to brush it. It's not that thick, but I put the top half up to brush the 'mullet' part, so that the brush can get all the way to the scalp. Butterfly or octupus clips hold it up fine.

I got this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017PUPMK) brush. It's comfortable to hold.

This is REALLY helping me stretch washes. I understand now why boar bristle was used historically, before we started wasting so much water as modern techno robot people.

whitestiletto
July 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you for posting this. I have yet to get a BBB because I've stopped brushing my hair since finding this site. I generally am only finger comb, though I do really comb once in awhile. I had put off getting a BBB because I thought it would only cause frizz. Seeing this I just might like to give it a try. :)

If I were you, I would comb it in discrete sections that correspond to your curl clumps.