PDA

View Full Version : Wen Hair Care

Blonde222
July 27th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Has anyone tried this? I've ordered it, but haven't had any success with Wen. Wondering if anyone has any tips or should I just toss it?

starting the CWC tomorrow with my Pureolgy products. Also, wondering if I should clarify ASAP as I haven't used a clarifying in a year!!!! Eeek.

Mairéad
July 27th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Someone should always clarify before starting a new hair care routine. Wen is just expensive conditioner only washing. You could do the same thing with Suave. In fact, I think Wen has a silicone in it which means it probably isn't even good at what it claims to do.

Blonde222
July 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
So I should try the VO5 clarifying shampoo and then is there a good basic conditioner I should pick up that has no "cones"? Trying to figure out what products I should be using...there is so much I don't know....yikes!

Thank you!

Mairéad
July 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM
It's ok. A quick read around and you'll quickly figure things out. :)
The VO5 clarifying shampoo is probably as good as any other, and I think it's the one that smells like limes!

Depending on what routine you want to use will determine what products. If you're wanting to do CO like the Wen, then you'd want to pick up conditioners that are -cone free. (These ingredients and in -cone and -ane; dimethicone for example). For CO you'd want a light conditioner to clean. Suave and VO5 get rave reviews here for this purpose. And, you will also need a heavier conditioner to moisturize. There is a thread all about CO so you can learn exactly how to wash your hair this way.

If you want to CWC there should also be a thread. I've personally never CWC so I don't have the pointers for you. But, use the search bar to your advantage and read some threads.

ccmso12
July 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I co and love WEN! I rotate due to cost between WEN and my vo5 kiwi lime . . but my hair looks best after WEN . . .its just more $$$