PDA

View Full Version : Two years + 1 month!

Rivanariko
July 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I can't believe it's been two years already! I've never stuck with a forum this long before, but I just can't get away from this place! I wanted to post a 2 year update on my anniversary, but I was busy getting ready for my wedding at that point! I think we were baking cupcakes that day...

Anywho, the last two years have been awesome. I've learned so much and my hair is in such better condition than it was when I started. I've learned to baby it and treat it like the fragile lace that it is. I've learned countless hair styles and about the wonder that is the hair fork. I've tried several experiments, some successful, some not, and I really don't know if my hair would have survived the transition to hard water without this place. That might have been the straw that broke the camel's back that sent me to hair dresser's for a pixie cut. As it is, I'm still working on learning the best ways to work with the water here, and I can't wait till I get to move somewhere with softer water again.

So, without further ado, since I know it's all anyone really wants, pictures!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3456&pictureid=53029
My first "official" length shot in July of '09. my avatar shows my hair upon joining.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3456&pictureid=100293 April 2001, inching toward classic, but my ends are looking thin and icky. fairytale is not a good look on me...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3456&pictureid=108902
And today! I had a major trim of 2" (what counts as "major in LHC!) at the end of June right before my wedding to neaten up the ends, since I wanted to wear my hair down. I'm mourning the length, as otherwise I'd probably be at classic by this autumn, and now I'm looking probably more like next spring, since my hair usually has a stall mid-winter, and the hard water here is still eating away at it... it hasn't grown anything like it used to since I moved up to North Dakota. But it's still happy and healthy and growing away!

Also, sorry for the horrible picture quality on the last two, my camera died and I bought a cheap one for the interim while I save up for a new one. Rest assured it's still the same golden-blond that it was when I joined in my first picture, I have no desire to ever color treat my hair!

So thank you LHC for two awesome years, and I'm looking forward to many many more!

krissykins
July 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Congrats! We look forward to many more wonderful anniversaries with you, too! :waltz:

Your hair is looking long and gorgeous as always :D I am so jealous of your length!

Rivanariko
July 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Congrats! We look forward to many more wonderful anniversaries with you, too! :waltz:

Your hair is looking long and gorgeous as always :D I am so jealous of your length!
Thank you! Your hair is absolutely lovely as well! Just have a little patience and it'll be longer than mine in no time!

Lostsoule77
July 27th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Looking good! Congratulations on your 2 year mark and good luck with your hard water situation. Perhaps try buying gallons of spring water or something to wash your hair with and not use the shower water. :)

cowgirllong
July 27th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Congratulations! Like Krissykins, I am a bit envious of your length!

Quahatundightu
July 28th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Just gorgeous! :) Will you grow it much longer?

Yozhik
July 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
What a beautiful color and gorgeous length!

Congratulations on your two year anniversary! Your hair is so wonderfully long now. I also like the way the hemline looks after the trim. :)

Oh, and congratulations on getting married! :flowers:

Alaia
July 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Great colour and great length :D :D

I feel your pain with the hard water (London has stupidly hard water).

Dragon
July 28th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Happy two year anniversary :) Beautiful colour and great length.

Magicknthenight
July 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Yay! Congrads on your hair and your wedding!:cheese: It looks very shiny and soft ^__^
Have you tried a final rinse with something like ACV or distilled water to help with the hard water thing?

newbeginning
July 28th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Beautiful and great growth.

mellie
July 28th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Wow, great progress! Congratulations!

sarahbrownie
July 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Congratulations on being a new bride! And on your LHC anniversary! Such lovely length, I'm so jealous! :flowers:

Rivanariko
July 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words! My ultimate goal (at this point) is knee, but we'll see how things go when I get past Classic and how I handle hair that long!

pepperminttea
July 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Amazing progress, happy late LHCiversary! :) Hope you can get your hard water woes sorted, it is a pain in the behind.

tinti
July 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Your hair looks amazing! Happy hairniversary and happy growing!!

McFearless
July 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Congrats on getting married!:D Your hair is beautiful

Rivanariko
July 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I think the hard water is going to get a little better when I move next week. Where we are right now we can't drink the tap water at all because the mineral content is so high, even after it's been filtered several times. We have a shower softener, but the filter gets clogged and my water pressure goes away after about two months. But we're moving back closer to town where the tap water is at least drinkable, so though I don't think the problems are over, they should at least be better... I'm also thinking I need to give ACV another try. It didn't help my dandruff, but might help with the stupid water here.

Fufu
July 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Your hair is incredibly beautiful :)

Cowgirl16
July 29th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Congratulations on your marriage :flower: Congratulations on you LHC anniversary :flower: your hair is very pretty. I was going to suggest the filter on the shower (I see you already have one), it has helped a lot for me. :shrug: Good luck on your move .

HereIGrowAgain
July 29th, 2011, 11:21 AM
It looks beautiful!

And congrats on your wedding! :D