PDA

View Full Version : I think the Clarifying was a success!

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Well, thanks to the advice I rec'd here, I clarified last night! (and also gave myself a nice tea-tree mask facial too! I was the Green Monster from the Depths of the bathroom last night complete with Pink turbie Towel!)

I lathered, rinsed and repeated because I had NEVER clarified before. And, as I expected (again thanks to the advice here) it felt dry in the shower. I slathered on the V05 Chamomile Tea therapy condish in the shower, did the rest of my routine (and used the last of the condish with the cones in it to shave my legs so it didnt go to waste). Rinsed out the condish, turbied, and then did the facial.
Washed my face, and then unwrapped my hair, put in some leave in (which was the V05 condish watered down in a spray bottle) and then coconut oiled the ends and braided it.
My hair feels FANTASTIC today! Im surprised! I thought it would feel a drier than it does!
It definitely needed to be clarified!
So I started a new section of journaling last night to keep track and started it with the clarifying.

Thanks Everyone!!!! :cheese:

Chamomile betty
June 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I am glad the clarifying worked for you.
It sounds like you had your own mini spa night too :)

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I did! LOL!!! I figured that if I was clarifying my hair, that everything else deserved it too!

Kirin
June 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I am very happy that clarifying worked for you. How often you need this of course depends on you and your hair.

FrannyG
June 26th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Oh, it sounds as though you gave yourself a delightful little pampering session. I'm so happy that the clarifying and subsequent conditioning worked well for you.

You may not need to clarify very often. After I stopped using cones, I found that I could go 2 months without clarifying. Everyone is so different though and there are so many variables. What I am certain of is that you will know when it's time to clarify again.

lora410
June 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
good for you!!! Thats definitely how hair should feel after a clarify if it needed it. More then once clarifying saved my sanity :)

girlcat36
June 26th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Isn't it amazing how something so simple can work wonders?
I need to clarify every couple of weeks or so. I use a tsp of baking soda in 20 oz of water, and rinse.

Darkhorse1
June 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Just wanted to say I bought a new clarifying shampoo last night at the beauty supply store, and WOW--it's called KMS clarifying for oily hair/build up. Prickly Pear scent, and it's the only shampoo I've used that DOESN'T dry out my hair!!! It leaves the scalp clean, but not over dried. I always slather on conditioner, and Burt's Bee's Sugar Beet and Grapefruit conditioner was amazing!!! Highly reccomend both. :)

Glad your clarifying was a success! :)

JessTheMess
June 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I think I need to take your initiative and have a spa night :) I'm glad it worked so good for you! :cheese:

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks ladies!!!!

I'll have to try that Prickly Pear scent one sometime (not that I'll need clarifying poo for a WHILE!!)

Everyone should do a spa night!!! My hubby is lucky I didnt break out the nailpolish and home pedicure set too!

jojo
June 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I love it when a plan comes together, I need to do mine now!

cherryblossom
June 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
sounds great. I've always been too scared to clarify incase my hair went really dry. Now i will think about it :)

girlcat36
June 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
sounds great. I've always been too scared to clarify incase my hair went really dry. Now i will think about it :)

Don't be scared, Cherryblossom, my own hair is dry and clarifying gives it the ability to take up more moisture by getting rid of the gunk coating the strands.

QueenBea
June 26th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I clarified this morning too--about 1/2 tsp baking soda in my shampoo. I didn't have a "deep conditioner" to use, but I used a LOT of my Nexxus Humectrant (sp?) that I've been using lately and left it on a while longer.

GOOD results. I've been CO-ing but I also have been trying cones again (a serum) because the damage is just too bad, so the past week my hair has been feeling a dried out tangled mess---it obviously needed clarifying because it's soft again today.

Hopefully I'll find that perfect routine soon; CO-ing, washing with diluted shampoo about every 3rd day, and the cone serum is seeming to be good; adding in clarifying may be the "magic" for right now. We'll see. I am wetting it daily right now because I live somewhere with *very* high humidity and very hot, so it gets sweaty; I exercise daily; I still have bangs that I style (ALMOST long enough to tuck behind my ears!!!); my hair is just past shoulder length; etc. Many factors that make it look absolutely terrible if I don't. Hoping within a year I can start cutting back on that . . . Probably when the daily high temp gets in the low 70s I'll try cutting back.

Bea

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I clarified this morning too--about 1/2 tsp baking soda in my shampoo. I didn't have a "deep conditioner" to use, but I used a LOT of my Nexxus Humectrant (sp?) that I've been using lately and left it on a while longer.

GOOD results. I've been CO-ing but I also have been trying cones again (a serum) because the damage is just too bad, so the past week my hair has been feeling a dried out tangled mess---it obviously needed clarifying because it's soft again today.

Hopefully I'll find that perfect routine soon; CO-ing, washing with diluted shampoo about every 3rd day, and the cone serum is seeming to be good; adding in clarifying may be the "magic" for right now. We'll see. I am wetting it daily right now because I live somewhere with *very* high humidity and very hot, so it gets sweaty; I exercise daily; I still have bangs that I style (ALMOST long enough to tuck behind my ears!!!); my hair is just past shoulder length; etc. Many factors that make it look absolutely terrible if I don't. Hoping within a year I can start cutting back on that . . . Probably when the daily high temp gets in the low 70s I'll try cutting back.

Bea

we'll have to compare notes since we both just clarified and are trying something different!

Fencai
June 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Go for it!!! Just keep the deep condish close by!

QueenBea
June 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM
we'll have to compare notes since we both just clarified and are trying something different!

Yep, let's try to remember to "report back" in a week or two and see what we think then :)

Bea

betsala
June 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
congrats on your success! i think that it is time for me to try this. i think that my hair will appreciate it.