PDA

View Full Version : High-fives for summer hair growth!

RobieFlakes
July 27th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Does anyone else notice several inches of unnaturally fast growth in the summer? I am suddenly past the bottom of the bra, woo-hoo!

The bittersweet is that it's also for the legs/armpits, and the heat with humidity makes it uncomfortable to wear down.

At least we keep the new growth :)

gthlvrmx
July 27th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yup yup! Summer growth spurts that i LOVE! :D Slows down in the winter though sometimes

vanillabones
July 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yes! I need it to since I'm growing out my natural color! Yay summer hair growth!!
I have to pluck my eyebrows every to every other day though, that's how fast my hair is growing in the summer, it drives me crazy. Same with pits and mine usually grow veryyy slow.

rena
July 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM
*Highfive* :D

owlathena
July 27th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I had been looking forward to a summer spurt, but didn't get one. My growth has actually been extra slow this summer.

tinywife
July 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Owlathena, me too! I was worried I was a freak here!

gthlvrmx
July 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I had been looking forward to a summer spurt, but didn't get one. My growth has actually been extra slow this summer.
Hmmm maybe you need to be in the sun? I noticed the more time i spent in the heat, the more it grew (more noticeably on my arms and legs). This summer, i've been indoors since i have no school at all and it's been strangely cooler in SoCal.
I also read in an article that men naturally grow faster hair in the summer because of androgenous hormones, which is why i note the arm hair growth the most.

Ligeia_13
July 28th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I've spent a little more time in the sun this year, hoping to get more growth but...nada. Its almost as if its slowed down on purpose.

Alaia
July 28th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I never had one before but this year I am having one (long may it continue!).

I think mine is down to improved diet and supplements though rather than summer itself.