PDA

View Full Version : Question about the halo

Jeanna
July 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
So, i have these pesky hairs around my face that just dont seem to grow, its called a 'halo' right? is there a way to kick them in the butt and make them grow?

...or is it a genetic thing that cannot change? my mother has the same thing but i don't see it anywhere else in my family.

FluffSpider
July 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM
As far as I know and have seen, they are hairs with a (much) shorter terminal length. I don't think you can extend the terminal length of a hair at all.
I have wispies near my ear, their terminal is like...5 inches. NOTHING I do makes them grow.

irishlady
July 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I have the exact same thing. These shorter, finer hairs around my face, particularly above my ears and at the nape, are 2c, 3a...compared to the rest which is 2a. So naturally they stick out no matter what I do, and sometimes look like horns lol.

mellie
July 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I "spit-shine" them down. That works really well, actually!

Alaia
July 27th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have two cow-licks at my temples that have these hairs.

I leave them. It softens my tight-bunned mean lady look somewhat ;)

Rosake
July 28th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I have the exact same thing. These shorter, finer hairs around my face, particularly above my ears and at the nape, are 2c, 3a...compared to the rest which is 2a. So naturally they stick out no matter what I do, and sometimes look like horns lol.

Same here! hahaha it's silly. Wish they would grow, but oh well. At the same time, the little hairs around your face gives a kind of "softer" look to your hair, which is actually pretty nice.

monsterna
July 28th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, my shorter halo hairs started growing noticeably while using Monistat. I still have some that are very, very short, obviously. But I've noticed new growth on the others. :shrug:

ericthegreat
July 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Those are baby hairs, and no, they will never grow any longer. The hairs around our front hairline have a very short terminal length, around only 2 to 3 inches, and they will never grow any longer than that. Don't worry, everyone has them, its natural. If they bother you too much, you can smooth them down with aloe vera gel, a smoothing creme, or the oil of your choice (coconut, olive, and jojoba oils are very popular).

Jeanna
July 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM
thanks all. ...I wish they would grow but, eh. I like me just the same:)