PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite vinegar/

mrs.bad85
July 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I have seen a few threads where is ACV leaves too strong of a smell you can use white or rice vinegar.

I am using a white vinegar mostly because I haven't gone to the store.

So what is your favorite vinegar rinse? Is one better for some things over others?

MissAlida
July 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Is the white vinegar the one made from wine? That's what I use, and I like it, but haven't tried any other yet.:)

DamselinSuccess
July 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I use diluted ACV and there's no vinegar smell after I rinse it in cool water. I even asked my boyfriend if he ever detected a vinegar smell and he said "no". It's my go-to and works great.

LoversLullaby
July 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I use white vinegar simply because it's what I have around the house. I used to use ACV but I see no difference in the results.

pink.sara
July 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I use White Japanese rice vinegar because it seems to linger less than ACV. :)

Carriegirl
July 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I use raw ACV. It does smell strong when I'm using it, but there is never any lingering smell after rinsing well.

Cainwen
July 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I use distilled white vinegar because its cheapest (~$2 a gallon).

Distilled white vinegar is a 5% solution of pure acetic acid in water. White wine vinegar comes from oxidized white wine (i.e., white wine that's gone bad).

neko_kawaii
July 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I use distilled white vinegar, we use it for a lot of things around the house and buy it in LARGE bottles at Costco. I steeped a bunch of herbs in the vinegar, strained it and keep the jar in the fridge. When I wash my hair I put a tablespoon of it in a large cup and take that to the shower and fill it with cold water while I'm waiting for the warm water to reach the tap. Then I have my vinegar rinse ready when I'm ready to put it on my head. I can hardly smell the vinegar in it and I can't smell it at all once its rinsed out.

Angel_099
July 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I love my Bragg's organic ACV! :) Not only does it work great as a rinse (the smell does fade away for me too), but I also take it daily because of all of the health benefits it offers!

princessp
July 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I use Braggs brand raw AVC diluted, there is no smell.

pepperminttea
July 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I use ACV, heavily diluted. I never notice a smell after my hair's dried. :) It's good on chips too. :D

teal
July 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I use ACV, heavily diluted. I never notice a smell after my hair's dried. :) It's good on chips too. :D

All of this! :D

ddiana1979
July 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I use a 1:7 dilution of ACV. When my hair dries, there's no detectable odor. I kinda like the smell of vinegar though, so I might just be weird.