PDA

View Full Version : 1a/b, M, iii, Hairtwin, where are you?!

pink.sara
July 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I've been on the boards for a few years and really can't remember seeing another 1a/b M iii.
Where are you all?!
I'm in the growing stage from shoulder to APL and am just starting to use forks but I forgot how difficult it was to manage this thickness.
I'm after a longhair twin for updo ideas and reassurance that I'll be able to do more than just a peacock twist with a fork before waist rolls around in about 3 years!!
Anyone out there.... How do other thick, but slinky straight hairs manage length? :)

KajiKodomo
July 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
If you do an advanced search on the member list, you can find them. :) I found 15 or so when I just looked. :D

ddiana1979
July 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I'm close. I couldn't do buns until BSL, because my hair was so slick it just fell right out. I could also do a nice French Twist at BSL. I guess with the extra thickness, your hair will have to be at least a couple inches longer to do those updos. I found putting some aloe gel on just the length before putting it up added a little bit of "grip", so to speak, so my updo didn't slide out so easily. Ficcare's and Goody Spin Pins help a lot. Although your hair is so thick, I don't know if a Ficcare will work well on you. I use the L size, and it just barely holds all my hair.

Jcv-Shelley
July 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM
This fits my description well, only problem is that I'm used to doing buns with more length than what I have right now...so bumping :)

ericthegreat
July 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm on the coarser side of thickness, and of course I'm Asian, but other than that I think we both have similar hair types.

I actually think our hairtype (straight and slippery) is better suited to being worn down, its meant to be stared at and admired ;). I usually wear my hair down or in a simple ponytail, I like to show off the length. I remember you saying in a previous post that your hair grows quite fast, so I wouldn't worry about it at all soon you'll be back to hip length before you know it!

Alaia
July 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Not quite as thick as you (prob because I have very fine hairs) and I can only just do a cinnabun (not very stable) and a Nautilus at Waist...