PDA

View Full Version : Layers in hip-tb hair

Kristin
July 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I've wanted to get my hair re-layered for some time, but have held off as I've grown. My hair is now at the top of my pants in a U with some "face framing" layers. The layers start about mid-chest, so they aren't excactly framing my face, lol. I'm getting really bored with the length, flatness, and heaviness of all this hair and am contemplating all-over layers, or at least more dramatic layers around my face.

Is there anyone with hip-tb hair that has heavily layered hair? (I know UltraBella had hip-length with layers, but, though I have thick hair, it isn't as thick as hers.) If you have layers, do you cut them yourself, or go to a stylist?

Silverdragn7385
July 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I have hip-length hair with long, blended layers that start a few inches below BSL. I actually want them AT bsl, but I forgot to mention that I wanted my layers shortened during my trim earlier this month at the salon.

Anyways, I love my layers. They definitely make the hair a bit lighter.

ravenreed
July 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I have between TB and classic with lots of layers (was just about to classic and trimmed off 3 inches, darnit!). I cut them myself with the - "make a pony on your head, stretch the pony up, cut the tips" method. Sometimes I then trim the V point just a bit. My layers are not that high though. Mine start about mid-back, I believe. Will have to get a shot of my back and see.

Yozhik
July 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hmm...I'm also interested in this!

I'm planning on growing my hair to hip, and then either keeping it there or cutting it back to waist with layers. The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is my texture -- it seems that all of you have straighter hair than mine, and I wonder how my waves would play with layers (maybe it would make the bouncier and better, but hopefully not stringy and clumpy).

lacefrost
July 27th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I'd love to see pictures of layered hip+ hair. I haven't decided if when I get to hip I want all one length with face framing layers or layers throughout. I do currently have some layers that are face framing and go to midneck (while curly) that I'm just letting grow.

UltraBella
July 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Is there anyone with hip-tb hair that has heavily layered hair? (I know UltraBella had hip-length with layers, but, though I have thick hair, it isn't as thick as hers.) If you have layers, do you cut them yourself, or go to a stylist?

Hey, you didn't even give me a chance ! Lol !!
My hair was just brushing TBL when I cut it and although I have very thick hair, I think these layers would work for anyone who has hair that is thick-ish.

motormuffin
July 28th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I have layers in mine. I use a crea clip to cut it. I just cut 1 1/2" last week. My sig pic is before the trim...I suppose I need a new one. My short layer is about BSL and I just have straight across bangs.

Alaia
July 28th, 2011, 12:38 AM
When my hair was TB I had layers in it.

The shortest layer at that stage was an inch or two below BSL. I had cut them in myself when I cut my hair to BSL (layers at chin) a while ago.

I personally hated it, but I came to realise that I like blunt hemlines on myself, I just don't think my hair can rock the layered look (because while it's thick I really disliked the taper on my braids etc). If you want to see pictures, there's one in my Blog (entry 7th July).

I love layers on others, just not on me :flowers:

McFearless
July 28th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Do you want layers cut into the back of your hair? Personally I really like a very deep U-shape hemline where it starts at chin(frace framing layers). I think straight and curly hair looks good with subtle blended layers starting at any length, and wavy hair can pull off all kinds of thick, choppy layers. Its up to you anyhow.