PDA

View Full Version : hairgrowth stand-still

Ricky22
June 26th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Hey does anybody else here get that feeling that their hairgrowth is at a stand-still? as if its been so long since your hair has actually grown...I feel that way :(

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Yes, you might try to concentrate on something else for a while. That sometimes helps. Sorry I don't have anything else to offer you except unless there is something health-wise wrong it really IS growing! If your hair is short, you might try just measuring a part of it in front or something, waiting a month and then measuring again. Just make sure you do it accurately or you could be misled either way!

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Pull it straight if you measure, too. At 4b I imagine it takes longer for growth to show because of shrinkage.

AJO8
June 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah I feel that way at the minute too. While I feel like it has grown, the tape measure says otherwise.

ChloeDharma
June 26th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing as Riot crrl....that given your hair is so curly it may be growing but your curls are eating up the length.

In the past i've thought my hair hasn't been growing at all for a few months, but then suddenly notice one day that actually it's gained a few inches.

That said, my hair seemed to get to hiplength earlier this year and then didn't seem to grow at all, i'm hoping that's not my terminal length, but it was very tangly and breaking everytime i tried to do anything to it so i think that was possibly the reason it stopped there.

Katze
June 26th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I'm with you. Since joining LHC, I've been focusing on getting healthy hair, which in my case means trimming old, damaged ends. My hair was layered back in '04 (upper left corner of sig pic) and I'm still growing out those layers. Sooo, in two years, I've gained about 4 inches. Kind of depressing when people who joined at the same time as me are at waist length and beyond.

But you're young, and your hair's definitely growing, as is mine. Try not to focus on it too much. ;)

Lamb
June 26th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Hair sometimes grows in bouts - which means, it seems like it hasn't grown at all for a long time and then seemingly it grows an inch or two overnight.

Blueneko
June 26th, 2008, 05:41 AM
From short to shoulder length is the longest wait. With the shape of the head, ears, slop of shoulders, growth is so difficult to gauge.