PDA

View Full Version : ACV Rinse Help

KrissyKitty
July 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Last night I tried my first ACV rinse. After shampooing and rinsing, I poured a very small amount of ACV with a very large amount of water (I didn't measure, but I'm sure the vinegar was well diluted) and left the rinse in.

This morning my hair feels nice but my scalp is itching worse that I've ever felt it itch before! And I have flakes galore. Before hand my scalp itched a tiny bit in one spot, but I had no flakes.

What could I have done wrong? Could I somehow be allergic to vinegar? Do you think that a shampoo with help make the itching stop?

MissAlida
July 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Sadly I can't help you. I myself have just switched from shampooing to baking soda/vinegar rinse(I use vinegar made of wine, so that is a bit different), and have encountered the itching problem. It mostly itches on the day I wash it, so the first clean hair day. It disappears afterwards. I don't get flakes tough. Sorry I can't help you, but I hope someone can. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.:)

Anathoth-Lily
July 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I think I read somewhere that when your hair and scalp is going through a "detox period" your scalp, while it's healing, may become dry and itchy while for a while or greasy and oily. These are supposed to be passing symptoms. I hope so, because I just started this rinse too and my hair is greasy.

swetiepeti
July 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM
try rinsing it out instead.